Home Pipes

Favorite Pipe Tobacco

jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
What is your favorite? I like aromatics and it is a toss up between:
McClelland Holiday Spirit
Cornell & Diehl Autumn Evening

They just have incredible flavor and remind me of my favorite time of the year.

Comments

• J.S.J.S. Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 751
    Right now I am really into Peter Stokkebye Proper English. I have just started to figure out that while I love the English blends I like the ones that are a little lighter on the Lat. then some of the others I have been smoking. I will most likely finish this evening out with a bowel.
  • AugustWestAugustWest Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 62
    There's a B&M reasonably near my house that sells excellent pipes and tobaccos under their own name - JM Boswell in Chambersburg, PA. They sell an aromatic called "Boswell's Best" and one called "Pennsylvania Dutch Treat" that I really like. Haven't had any of the C&D aromatics, but I really like their Virginia's (Opening Night and After Hours are my favorites) and the only C&D English I've had is Rajah's Court.
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    Currently loving McClelland Grand Oriental Classic Samsun; very smooth and subtle, something I can retrohale all day with no burn

For aro's Capt. Black white is my standby

Course all this may change when I get my order of Penzance and Stonehaven in Big Smile [:D]
    xmacro:
    Currently loving McClelland Grand Oriental Classic Samsun; very smooth and subtle, something I can retrohale all day with no burn

Course all this may change when I get my order of Penzance and Stonehaven in Big Smile [:D]

Where did you find Penzance and Stonehaven? I have been looking for them for a long time.
    J.S.:
    xmacro:

Where did you find Penzance and Stonehaven? I have been looking for them for a long time.
    Google, my friend, google and some time. Smile [:)]

I googled for B&M's around the country that carry pipe tobacco, cold called them and asked if they had any in Penzance or Stonehaven stock and if they'd ship to another State. I finally found some in California; the price was $53 for each in 8oz bags and I almost choked before hanging up. Then I got to thinking about how loony Calif can be with prices, so I called them back up and asked if that was the same price for shipping out of State to Florida - turns out if its going out of State, the price falls to $32 per 8oz bag, so I told them to pack it up and ship it out. Big Smile [:D]

Penzance and Stonehaven may not exist on the internet (I've looked; gone through 16 pages of google searches and nada), but it's plentiful enough if you call around to various B&M's.

xmacro:
    J.S.:
    xmacro:

Google, my friend, google and some time. Smile [:)]

I googled for B&M's around the country that carry pipe tobacco, cold called them and asked if they had any in Penzance or Stonehaven stock and if they'd ship to another State. I finally found some in California; the price was $53 for each in 8oz bags and I almost choked before hanging up. Then I got to thinking about how loony Calif can be with prices, so I called them back up and asked if that was the same price for shipping out of State to Florida - turns out if its going out of State, the price falls to $32 per 8oz bag, so I told them to pack it up and ship it out. Big Smile [:D]

Penzance and Stonehaven may not exist on the internet (I've looked; gone through 16 pages of google searches and nada), but it's plentiful enough if you call around to various B&M's.

Thanks for the tip. I guess I will be doing some calling when I get some time off. $32 is a good price for an 8 oz. bag. Some of the online sites sell for a lot cheaper but you can never find it.
    True. I've seen prices for the 8oz bags at $22, but it's always out of stock; $32 seems a fair price, though I wouldn't go any higher
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    I know this question is probably pretty plebeian but does anyone have an opinion on Borkum Riff Bourbon? I couldn't wait until I put together an order from CCom so I bought a small pouch of it. Just curious to know what anybody thinks of it.

I like it on occasion, though it has some bite to it.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    OchoZacho sent me 1oz of the Holiday blend from his local spot...think the place was called Straus but I could be wrong... but that stuff was AWESOME! when fall rolls around I'm gonna have to get a bunch of that stuff... granted it was like the 3rd tobacco I ever tried, but i still loved it