Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Old Game Revived

Poker SlobPoker Slob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 996
Since we have a ton of newer members here, I would like to bring back a game we had a couple years ago. The rules are simple. Step one...sign up. Step two...receive 3 unbanded cigars with a promise to smoke, mini review, and guess as to what the mystery stick is. Send 3 more to the next person on the list within 1 week of receiving your package. I will begin by sending the first 3 plus a couple riders for your participation. Anyone interested...simply sign up here.

Comments

• The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    Cool game!!! Any prereqs on the quality of the cigars being sent. or is it entirely up to the sender. Next question, when is the identity of the cigars revealed, if at all?
    Thanks
  • Poker SlobPoker Slob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 996
    Send whatever cigars you want, as we all have different tastes and budgets. The player will posts the guesses, and the sender will reveal the true ID of the sticks following the guesses.
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    That was a great game! I'd play if I had the palette for it, can't wait to watch it again.
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    Poker Slob:
    Since we have a ton of newer members here, I would like to bring back a game we had a couple years ago. The rules are simple. Step one...sign up. Step two...receive 3 unbanded cigars with a promise to smoke, mini review, and guess as to what the mystery stick is. Send 3 more to the next person on the list within 1 week of receiving your package. I will begin by sending the first 3 plus a couple riders for your participation. Anyone interested...simply sign up here.
    Cool game, love the idea.
    Don't know if my palettes "refined" enough or if I've smoked enough other sticks for a point of reference though. Any punishment for guessing wrong ?!???
    I was terrible at this game the first time around. It's good to get cigars blind(no hype, expectations, etc.) Plus, most guys will send three unbanded plus a few extra, so hopefully you get some sticks you've never had. As far as the review is concerned, just a sentence or two is all that is needed, so you really don't need a refined palette participate. And of course, there is no punishment in guessing wrong. Just toss in a few extra sticks that you you would like the next person on the list to try.
  • VisionVision Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,701
    How many days turn around are you looking for? I would love to give this a shot is the turn time is right.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    Sounds like fun!!
  • RobIsSweetRobIsSweet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 248
    I'd be interested in playing. Though i'm not sure i've tried enough to guess correctly.
    Vision:
    How many days turn around are you looking for? I would love to give this a shot is the turn time is right.
    what the heck, count me in .... i'll play too.

but I'm with Vision, concerned about timing. No problem getting the package out to the next person within a week .....
    But I'd want to wait and smoke on the weekend, so as long as that'd "OK" --- sign me up, pokerslob !!!
    I am thinking that mailing to the next person in a week with maybe a ten day period to smoke and guess. We all understand that sometimes life doesn't always cooperate with us, so if a little extra time is needed, the next person can start. No strict rules, we want to have fun. we can have two or three people plaing at the same time if needed.
    Poker Slob:
    I am thinking that mailing to the next person in a week with maybe a ten day period to smoke and guess. We all understand that sometimes life doesn't always cooperate with us, so if a little extra time is needed, the next person can start. No strict rules, we want to have fun. we can have two or three people plaing at the same time if needed.
    Unless Vision or Rob want to go first / already hit you with their info ,,,,, I'll be the "guinea pig".
    PM inbound,
    jgibv:
    Poker Slob:
    Unless Vision or Rob want to go first / already hit you with their info ,,,,, I'll be the "guinea pig".
    PM inbound,
    and I would love to be after you. Lets do this :) I would prefer to go second....and this will make me get off my lazyass and get out a smoke.
    Vision:
    jgibv:
    Poker Slob:
    PM inbound,
    and I would love to be after you. Lets do this :) I would prefer to go second....and this will make me get off my lazyass and get out a smoke.
    Assuming that it's ok with Pokerslob, that's ok with me.

And not to get too far ahead of myself, but gotta head to PO later this week anyways, and can send your package then if all's good.
    OK J, I will get a mini Slob Sampler out in tomorrows mail, and of course some will be unbanded. Hopefully you will get a few you haven't tried yet.
    Poker Slob:
    OK J, I will get a mini Slob Sampler out in tomorrows mail, and of course some will be unbanded. Hopefully you will get a few you haven't tried yet.
    Awesome, looking forward to it. Thanks brother!

And Vision, I'll drop yours in the mail by Friday.
    Cool. You need my addy?
    Vision:
    Cool. You need my addy?
    Already got it .... ;-)
    Definitely looking forward to seeing this one go again. If it's still running when the weather warms and I can smoke more, I might man up and give it a shot.
    That would be sweet. Love to have you on board Ken.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    Ken Light:
    Definitely looking forward to seeing this one go again. If it's still running when the weather warms and I can smoke more, I might man up and give it a shot.
    yeah, that's my problem. I just can't smoke when it is lower than 30 degrees here.
    JG your package is in the mail and should arrive in beautiful Ohio in 2 to 3 days. Hope you like it and thanks for playing.
    Poker Slob:
    JG your package is in the mail and should arrive in beautiful Ohio in 2 to 3 days. Hope you like it and thanks for playing.
    Tom, the package arrived today in (friggin' cold snowy and not so beautiful right now) OH, haha.
    Didn't have a chance to open it, headin' out of town until late tomorrow ---- but will check it out this weekend, thanks!

Also, Vision, your package is in the mail. PM to you with DC #
    jgibv:
    Poker Slob:
    Tom, the package arrived today in (friggin' cold snowy and not so beautiful right now) OH, haha.
    Didn't have a chance to open it, headin' out of town until late tomorrow ---- but will check it out this weekend, thanks!

Also, Vision, your package is in the mail. PM to you with DC #
    Thanks man. Looking forward to it! Should I hold off on finding someone to send to or continue on? I dont want to back it up or be all over the place. Up to you guys.
    Vision:
    Should I hold off on finding someone to send to or continue on? I dont want to back it up or be all over the place. Up to you guys.
    Don't matter to me,,,, I'd say its up to poker since he (re)started this pass. I say if somebody's interested then keep it goin while we got momentum. Hope to smoke mine this upcoming week, if not next weekend for sure
    Sounds perfect. Anyone out there want to do some blind reviewing
    Maybe starting this in the winter, wasn't the right choice. Oh well, I never claimed to be the brightest bulb in the box. JG, did you get your sticks in a humi to acclimate to the cloud covered Ohio winter?
    Poker Slob:
    Maybe starting this in the winter, wasn't the right choice. Oh well, I never claimed to be the brightest bulb in the box. JG, did you get your sticks in a humi to acclimate to the cloud covered Ohio winter?
    Yes brother, threw them in humi late last night....and holy $hit, that's a sweet selection. Way to take out my whole front porch :-D Completely unnecessary but I greatly appreciate it. Been running around crazy with new pup, trying to keep our old dog from attacking it......

Will post a pic later, y'all gotta see this destruction that Tom unleashed on my front porch.
    Poker Slob:
    I wouldn't regret your timing just yet...it might start slow, but by the time people start to review and read and get into it, the weather should be starting to get nice. Could work out perfectly!
    So jgibv hits me with the goodness! I cant wait to smoke these. Sitting in 68/68 as we speak. Thanks bro!

PS... I love me some OSOK... how'd you know =)

photo 2013-02-19204450_zpse5d6e145.jpg
    Nice JG...that's the spirit of the game. Look forward to your guesses Vision.