Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

New to other cigars, looking to trade to experience

honorknight7honorknight7 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 525
Hello all, I am fairly new to "other" cigars, and am still fairly new to cigars overall. I have been enjoying cigars since mid 2009 when I was injured and unable to return to the work world until just recently as I have only been able to walk again since April 2013. A friend of mine took me out (wheelchair and all) to a local B&M back in August 2009 (http://www.hatueycigarsreno.com/) they only sell there own makes, and I just loved the Cognac's, as well as a few others that have a woodsy/nutty flavor. I am finishing my IT schooling to be able to return to the workforce full steam by end of 2014, and am still living on my retirement savings from (per-injury) painting/construction business. I am new to the forums here and the BOTL idea and am learning a lot from all of you and your great insight into cigars (inserts big thanks! here). I have been buying cigar samplers I find on sale and the ones from the local B&M and between my wife's flavored stash and my own stash have been keeping 70+ on hand (60-70% of stock is flavored- and I'm not liking them as much as normal sticks, though that's all my wife likes),Also I have just started "saving up" for the last few months, the thing is I have a hard time putting down 10-20 bucks (or more) a pop for a good rated/reviewed here smoke just to try it out, and was wondering if there are those of you here that are interested in trading (probably several of mine to one of yours) with me ? {{{ I am -NOT- trying to get free cigars or looking for a handout here guys :) }}} I can open up my humidors and make a list of all that I have to trade and you tell me what one(s) you want me to send you for what ever you decide I might want to try - like you say OK Steve give me that "name" and 2 of those "name" and I will send you this "name" as soon as I get yours. Is this something that is OK to do on this site ?? should I just post all I currently have with how many of them I have on here first ?? remember other than the cognacs and Flor de Otero from the local B&M, all the sticks I have, have been from sample packs I ordered. Also I can run down to the shop (listed above) and purchase a few of what you might want for a trade with me, most of there stock is around 5-9 bucks a pop so it's doable for me. Thanks for any feedback on this, Steve.

Comments

• RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    PM me your addy. I'm going to bomb you for not using the newbie welcoming thread! :) and is it wrong to say congratulations that you can walk again?
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    welcome aboard brother.sorry to hear things weere going so rough for you.but very inspiring to hear you staying positive doing the best you can to move on!!!i think some brothers here would be willing to do some trading with you.prob keep it simple for the first one or two but throw up a list of what you like what you have and what you want and lets ee what happens!!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Rain:
    PM me your addy. I'm going to bomb you for not using the newbie welcoming thread! :) and is it wrong to say congratulations that you can walk again?
    That Rain guy looks for any reason to bomb guys.. It was bound to happen.
  • reggie713reggie713 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,018
    Hello brother and welcome to forum, I'll do a blind trade with ya! Just pick out a few different sticks from your stash, send them out to me, when received, I'll send mine out! If this is cool just send me a pm and I'll give ya my address
  • EchambersEchambers Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,335
    Go get him Rain.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    kaspera79:
    Rain:
    That Rain guy looks for any reason to bomb guys.. It was bound to happen.
    Do it!.. Lets see some action!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Jeezus, this guy works fast. Better go check your mailbox, it might already be there.
  • New BootsNew Boots Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
  • blutattooblutattoo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,100
    I think it'd be a good idea to post your shipping address so we can umm calculate shipping costs. Yeah shipping costs.
  • No_one21No_one21 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,962
    Maybe if you're going to "help" the newbs you shouldn't freak them out with that signature Rain...
  • honorknight7honorknight7 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 525
    Man thanks for all the quick responses everyone, I will put up a list of what I have later this evening between 9-11 pm pacific time, "Rain" gets first choice :) as far as what I like... well, I am noticing that I like woodsy, leathery mild sweetness flavors with slight pepper after hints, I am learning that I love cigars that are a little different throughout as opposed to some that are the same all through - love experiencing different tastes/flavors as I smoke it. other then a few "sample pack" sticks i have started trying I'm only used to the cognac and woodsy/nutty sticks I've been getting from the local B&M shop I listed, so I am really new to whats out there and what I will enjoy otherwise, my wife has dirt torpedo's and tabaks that I really like but hate the sugar tastes they put on them, when about 1/2 way into them they are nice though (when sugar goes away)
    Rain:
    don't see the newbie thread (didn't look hard enough ? Hmm) :) also thanks on the walking grats :)
    Rule number one."1. It's the thought that counts. Do not be offended at the contents or value of the contents in a package you receive."Don't post your inventory, just send out what you can. If you manage to get any addys. I'm straight bombing your @$$.
  • EchambersEchambers Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,335
    Rain:
    Rule number one."1. It's the thought that counts. Do not be offended at the contents or value of the contents in a package you receive."Don't post your inventory, just send out what you can. If you manage to get any addys. I'm straight bombing your @$$.
    +1 Rain. You're quite the ambassador.
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    Rain:
    Don't let him fool you, it's just because he really likes your avatar. ROFL!
    Rain:
    Rgr Rgr wont post the inventory, was thinking to do the list because I didn't want anyone to be miffed with what I have since they come from sample packs and a local shop, have no idea if there are great/good sticks to others in the mix. will leave it up to individual messages I get as to send them a list or not I guess.
    honorknight7:
    Rain:
    Rgr Rgr wont post the inventory, was thinking to do the list because I didn't want anyone to be miffed with what I have since they come from sample packs and a local shop, have no idea if there are great/good sticks to others in the mix. will leave it up to individual messages I get as to send them a list or not I guess.
    Bombs aren't trades. If you choose to "retaliate" that is up to you.
    When Rain calls you out and straight up says he's bombing your ass, you are under no obligation to send him any return fire.
    If you choose to, that is up to you.
    And understand that retaliation can be what ever you want. As Rain stated, it's the thought that counts.
    I've sent all kinds of things as retaliation. I like to get "creative". LOL!

Me personally, I'd light him up. But that's just me. LOL!

Now if he was to say he'd make the trade with you, then that is another thing and you'd work that out as to what you need to send on your end.

Hope that helps. LOL!

0patience:
    honorknight7:
    Rain:
    Bombs aren't trades. If you choose to "retaliate" that is up to you.
    When Rain calls you out and straight up says he's bombing your ass, you are under no obligation to send him any return fire.
    If you choose to, that is up to you.
    And understand that retaliation can be what ever you want. As Rain stated, it's the thought that counts.
    I've sent all kinds of things as retaliation. I like to get "creative". LOL!

Me personally, I'd light him up. But that's just me. LOL!

Now if he was to say he'd make the trade with you, then that is another thing and you'd work that out as to what you need to send on your end.

Hope that helps. LOL!

Rgr Rgr Man, thanks. Still trying to get used to the cigar chat slang :), Hmm I believe I have enough (options) to get "Creative" on a return fire lol
    honorknight7:
    Rgr Rgr Man, thanks. Still trying to get used to the cigar chat slang :), Hmm I believe I have enough (options) to get "Creative" on a return fire lol
    LOL! That's the spirit.
    Check your PM bro.
    Rain:
    I thought the first rule of bomb club was don't talk about bomb club....
    No, you're thinking of Organisation der ehemaligen SS-Angehörigen.
  • CigarMan37CigarMan37 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 432
    Trade sounds good
    new guy wants to trade..gives up addy photo mischeviouskid_zps2a042ef2.jpg
  • New BootsNew Boots Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    Man, I really want to see Rain get demolished by this guy! Im kinda hoping its really a 2nd profile for one of the OG's around here.
    Steve, is your ZIP 89431 or 89436?
    //target_confirmed. image activating_satellite_imageimage launch_codes.....confirmed. engage
    Rain:
    //target_confirmed. image activating_satellite_imageimage launch_codes.....confirmed. engage
  • thehilkthehilk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,015
    Rain:
    Add mine to this too: 9405503699300191180245