Home Ratings & Reviews

Sticks that taste like goats ass

Comments

• denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    That's strange, especially since you like the Super Fuerte Maduro (if I remember right)
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    dennisking:
    That's strange, especially since you like the Super Fuerte Maduro (if I remember right)
    Dennis this thing was horrid... it's such a far cry from it's far superior maduro brother.

• letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 676
    I would say the Camacho Pre embargo, but then again....I loooove me some goat
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    letsgowithbob:
    I would say the Camacho Pre embargo, but then again....I loooove me some goat
    Smart A$$....
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    stephen_hannibal:
    dennisking:
    Dennis this thing was horrid... it's such a far cry from it's far superior maduro brother.

thats too bad. i was thinking about some since the maduro is pretty good. guess i will pass
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    stephen_hannibal:
    THE ITCSF NATURAL is the worst most chemical stick I have ever had the misfortune of smoking.

I would rather have had an Acid....

Odd. I've smoked 3 or 4 of them and they've all been very good.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    j0z3r:
    PuroFreak:
    stephen_hannibal:
    PuroFreak:
    I know I will piss a few people off with this one, but Perdomo just doesn't do it for me. They have a familiar taste that I don't care for. Some people have mentioned the same thing in Gurkhas. I don't mind the common taste among many of their smokes, but Perdomo... Goats ass...
    I'm pissed! I love both these brands.... ;D LOL
    Well I don't have anything against Gurkha, they make some great smokes like the Centurian and the Legend, so you can only be half pissed. LoL Perdomos still suck IMO. Of course I am one of the few who enjoy the Obsidian. The trick is to let them rest for close to a year. I've still got one with about a year and a half on it stashed away in my humi.
    You're entitled to some opinions Jason, but about Perdomo you either say something nice or STFU!!! Stick out tongue [:P] Just messin. Seriously though, you're not the first person I've heard say this, and while I really like Perdomo, I also realize that no two people have the same tastes...except for RP fans*, bunch of band-wagoners they are. Big Smile [:D]

*Don't get your panties in a wad RP fans, not serious, just talking sh*t. :)
    Alright alright Joe! Geez, who lit the fuse on your tampon? Haaaaahaa j/k bro! I will say the Perdomo ESV is a damn fine stick. I have one of the maduros left in the humi and everytime I start to reach for it I pull back because I remember it's the last one in there and has close to a year on it. I'll have to fire it up soon.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    j0z3r:
    PuroFreak:
    stephen_hannibal:
    PuroFreak:
    I know I will piss a few people off with this one, but Perdomo just doesn't do it for me. They have a familiar taste that I don't care for. Some people have mentioned the same thing in Gurkhas. I don't mind the common taste among many of their smokes, but Perdomo... Goats ass...
    I'm pissed! I love both these brands.... ;D LOL
    Well I don't have anything against Gurkha, they make some great smokes like the Centurian and the Legend, so you can only be half pissed. LoL Perdomos still suck IMO. Of course I am one of the few who enjoy the Obsidian. The trick is to let them rest for close to a year. I've still got one with about a year and a half on it stashed away in my humi.
    You're entitled to some opinions Jason, but about Perdomo you either say something nice or STFU!!! Stick out tongue [:P] Just messin. Seriously though, you're not the first person I've heard say this, and while I really like Perdomo, I also realize that no two people have the same tastes...except for RP fans*, bunch of band-wagoners they are. Big Smile [:D]

*Don't get your panties in a wad RP fans, not serious, just talking sh*t. :)
    Alright alright Joe! Geez, who lit the fuse on your tampon? Haaaaahaa j/k bro! I will say the Perdomo ESV is a damn fine stick. I have one of the maduros left in the humi and everytime I start to reach for it I pull back because I remember it's the last one in there and has close to a year on it. I'll have to fire it up soon.
  • brotheradambrotheradam Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 896
    stephen_hannibal:
    JZ:
    Puro Indio Veijo - worst f'ing cigar ever!
    Silence heretic!!!!

Sorry Stephen gotta agree, just had my first one this afternoon and pure goats ass.
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    I just smoked the worst cigar in the world. I have NEVER thrown out a stick. I threw this SOB out half way through because I was about to puke. Padron 2000 tastes like you are licking a cigarette smoker's ashtray. Absolutely the worst cigar I have ever smoked in my life. THE WORST
  • undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    Only cigar I've ever had to stop short was the El Mejor Espresso. Plenty of rest too.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    jsnake:
    I just smoked the worst cigar in the world. I have NEVER thrown out a stick. I threw this SOB out half way through because I was about to puke. Padron 2000 tastes like you are licking a cigarette smoker's ashtray. Absolutely the worst cigar I have ever smoked in my life. THE WORST
    That really surprises me. I have never heard anyone say anything bad about Padrons.
  • VidarienVidarien Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 246
    Worst i think i ever had was a MOW ruination.

Ok ok..not really. I havent had too many that were just awful. Probably a la gloria cubana though...was like choking on a muffler, but i havent had a 2nd one and that first one couldve just been a very serious humidity/airflow problem since i was smoking it in the car and the wind was hitting it fairly hard.
    docbp87:
    jsnake:
    That really surprises me. I have never heard anyone say anything bad about Padrons.
    I have never heard a bad thing about Padron either. I am being 100% honest though. I hope it was just a random bad cigar.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    jsnake:
    docbp87:
    jsnake:
    I have never heard a bad thing about Padron either. I am being 100% honest though. I hope it was just a random bad cigar.
    snake, was this your first Padron experience? Or have you had good Padrons before?
  • ljlljl Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 819
    undulac:
    Only cigar I've ever had to stop short was the El Mejor Espresso. Plenty of rest too.

Really? I thought flavor was OK, always seem to wind up with burn issues though...

lilwing88:
    jsnake:
    docbp87:
    jsnake:
    snake, was this your first Padron experience? Or have you had good Padrons before?
    This was my only Padron I have ever had.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    jsnake:
    lilwing88:
    jsnake:
    docbp87:
    jsnake:
    If I may suggest a re-visitation......... try the Padron Maduro Delicias or Londres.

They will rock your world.
  • MrMokeMrMoke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 321
    lilwing88:
    jsnake:
    lilwing88:
    jsnake:
    docbp87:
    jsnake:
    If I may suggest a re-visitation......... try the Padron Maduro Delicias or Londres.

Jsnake lilwing88 is correct, I especially like the Londres, I have some in my humi that have been resting 6 - 8 years, yummi !! pm me your details and I'll send you a couple of sticks.
    MrMoke:
    lilwing88:
    jsnake:
    lilwing88:
    jsnake:
    docbp87:
    jsnake:

Jsnake lilwing88 is correct, I especially like the Londres, I have some in my humi that have been resting 6 - 8 years, yummi !! pm me your details and I'll send you a couple of sticks.
    6 to 8 years! Holy Schmoly that has me drooling thinking about it. I sent a PM and will definitely revisit Padron. My bro-in-law loves them but said the 2000 is his least favorite. I have another one in the humi not sure which one it is though. If you feel inclined to send something I will definitely smoke it and report back. Heck I might do up a review on a review site with one.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    JDN Celebracion....

Had one at the B&M tonight whilst herfing with Brotheradam.....this is pretty hard to say coming from a guy who has smoked a few boxes of Antano....the celebracion had a nasty metallic funk to it...couldnt even finish it.
  • 24footjet24footjet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 132
    Jetmech... I had the same experience with the celebracion. I am very fond of the Antano, but the celebracion tasted kind of like what the inside of a rusted soup can would taste... well, maybe not that bad...
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    24footjet:
    Jetmech... I had the same experience with the celebracion. I am very fond of the Antano, but the celebracion tasted kind of like what the inside of a rusted soup can would taste... well, maybe not that bad...

Thank god someone had the same taste....its just funky man...
    To MrMoke and all other fans of Padron - I stand by my original statement. Padron cigars are the nastiest cigars I have ever smoked in my life. MrMoke sent me some sticks and I really appreciate it. Once again the Padron tastes like I am licking the inside of a cigarette ashtray. I will never try one of these again. Nasty. Pure goat's ass
    lol, jsnake, sorry to hear I could not 'bring you into enlightenment' ;) !! Don't worry about it, I am just glad I was able to help you make the determination that you REALLY did not like Padron's and hadn't just got a duff stick. It just goes to show, we all have different tastbuds and perceptions about what tastes good and tastes bad, if this was not so we would not have such wonderful array of different cigars to choose from, because there would only be one or a few at most, that everyone liked if we all liked the same "taste"!!!!! I guess from this I have learned that when reviewing a cigar, reporting separately on the 'tangible' characteristics; construction, ash, burn, from the subjective 'tastes like cream pie', 'reminds me of my uncle's sweaty socks' etc kind of comments is going to be most helpful to fellow BOTLs since we are probably going to differ greatly in opinion on the latter.
    I really appreciate the sticks though and they did get smoked. My bro-in-law is a huge Padron fan and I shared with him. I am a huge fan of Gurkha and many people hate Gurkha. We just had a discussion on our CCom Blackberry chat group yesterday about how Lot 23 kicks one guys butt and I think they are mild. Other cigars that kick my butt have no effect on the same guy.

I am thinking about trying some of the non-brown label Padrons. They are so highly rated there has to be one I like. If I was to do a review on the Padrons I have tried I would have just not written it. I am not going to bash a cigar I think is terrible. If a cigar is lacking in certain areas and not fantastic I would write an honest review about it.
    Totally with you on reviews and I would be interested in what you think of the 'non brown label' Padron's, I haven't tried any of them yet, I just liked the Londres and kept smokin em. I guess I should try em too, be nice if CCOM did a 5 pack or sampler (hint, if the beard is reading!!). Maybe I should offer a swap? might be someone out there that hasn't tried the brown labels! BTW, I have not yet smoked a Gurkha but have several different in my humi I got off CCOM recently and a Lot 23 I got in a sampler, actually just noticed I have some Legends I put in the humi exactly 90 days ago today, so am gonna fire one up tonight :)
    MrMoke:
    Totally with you on reviews and I would be interested in what you think of the 'non brown label' Padron's, I haven't tried any of them yet, I just liked the Londres and kept smokin em. I guess I should try em too, be nice if CCOM did a 5 pack or sampler (hint, if the beard is reading!!). Maybe I should offer a swap? might be someone out there that hasn't tried the brown labels! BTW, I have not yet smoked a Gurkha but have several different in my humi I got off CCOM recently and a Lot 23 I got in a sampler, actually just noticed I have some Legends I put in the humi exactly 90 days ago today, so am gonna fire one up tonight :)
    I correct myself, it's a Gurkha Gold i'm firing up tonight. :)
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 718
    jsnake:
    I really appreciate the sticks though and they did get smoked. My bro-in-law is a huge Padron fan and I shared with him. I am a huge fan of Gurkha and many people hate Gurkha. We just had a discussion on our CCom Blackberry chat group yesterday about how Lot 23 kicks one guys butt and I think they are mild. Other cigars that kick my butt have no effect on the same guy.

I am thinking about trying some of the non-brown label Padrons. They are so highly rated there has to be one I like. If I was to do a review on the Padrons I have tried I would have just not written it. I am not going to bash a cigar I think is terrible. If a cigar is lacking in certain areas and not fantastic I would write an honest review about it.

I would be interested in knowing how you feel about the Padron '64th Anniversary Jake.

Also, the guy he was referring to from the BBM Chat Group about the Lot 23 was me, and it seems Hays is in agreement with me. The Perdomo Lot 23 knocks me on my a$$ every time I smoke it, even if i've had food, but I can smoke such full-bodied sticks as the Diesel, Cain, Camacho 3X Maduro and Corojo, 5 Vegas 'A' and CSII, and Gurkha Titan/II and Beast without breaking a sweat.

The one time I even felt like I was gonna fall over or even pass out from smoking the Perdomo. I love it though.

On topic though, there's only 3 cigars that I can recall that I've smoked that tasted like licking a goat's ass:

Ashton Cabinet Maduro
    Ccom Corojo Label (sorry Ccom)
    Macanudo (Macadoodoo) Maduro

The Macadoodoo and Ashton were the worst of the three because they wouldn't draw or burn correctly either. Like trying to suck a baseball through a garden hose.

• fuentejpsfuentejps Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 345
    carlos torano 1916 cedar wrap. horrible. out of the 5pk torano sampler only one was decent