Home Ratings & Reviews

JDN Cuatro Cinco

beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
from their website:
Cuatro Cinco has been especially crafted to commemorate four and half decades of history of Joya de Nicaragua, its people and the city of Estelí, where it all started. Cuatro Cinco is an authentic Nicaraguan puro, hand rolled in Estelí with tobaccos grown in the region and in Jalapa, with a special 5 year-old ligero that the factory had been saving in its bodegas for this special occasion. As if time wasn’t enough, the filler tobaccos have been specially aged in oak barrels for more than a year to give them distinctive and sophisticated notes, and the silky smooth wrapper and binder are Nicaraguan grown in the Jalapa valley.

My first impression came from picking up the cigar. Large. However, this cigar was very soft to the touch. The Jalapa wrapper was very smooth, satin, and pliable, and the entire cigar was soft. It easily compressed under 2 fingers. All of the perfectly rolled leaves felt soft., not like some drum sticks I've felt before.

Big ring, big smoke. And very big and creamy smoke. It didn't have the full flavors of other JDNs I smoke, but the smoke, the smoke was excellent. The price point is a bit high, but when you smoke a cigar of this caliber, you kinda ignore that. They are limited and I think i'll get a few more for smoking at a later date.

Comments

• Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    Looks nice! I've liked about everything I've ever had from JDN. I've got that same Cusano cutter, use it daily.
  • raisindotraisindot Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 936
    Nice review. How does it compare to the Antono 1970? That's one of my favorite cigars because it's strength and spice. I don't like the Celebration as much. I was also worried that JDN's merger with Drew Estate was going to lessen quality (I'm not a DE fan at all).
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    raisindot:
    Nice review. How does it compare to the Antono 1970? That's one of my favorite cigars because it's strength and spice. I don't like the Celebration as much. I was also worried that JDN's merger with Drew Estate was going to lessen quality (I'm not a DE fan at all).
    Its a different cigar. Not as strong, more smoke, muted flavor profile. I'm a big fan of the Antano flavor but find it a bit strong on occasion. The Celebration is much more muted and varied. This one is all about the smoke, tons of it and mild flavors.