Home Cigar 101

um.

wmaxhamwmaxham Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 80
does cigar.com sell cohibas to America?

Comments

• dutyjedutyje Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,263
    Yes. They are made in the Dominican Republic. Cohiba is a very popular legal brand, in addition to their Cubans.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    the cuban cohiba and the DR cohiba are different. most people make the distinction by calling the DR cohiba "cohiba red dot"
    the DR cohibas have a red dot in the center of the O in cohiba. hence cohiba red dot.

lets see if i can say cohiba a few more times....
  • wmaxhamwmaxham Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 80
    do they sell real cuban though?
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    wmaxham:
    do they sell real cuban though?
    No
  • DiasFlakDiasFlak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 342
    we have an embargo with cuba which In international commerce and politics, an embargo is the prohibition of commerce (division of trade) and trade with a certain country, in order to isolate it and to put its government into a difficult internal situation, given that the effects of the embargo are often able to make its economy suffer from the initiative.

Straight from wiki if any one needed the definition!
    DiasFlak:
    we have an embargo with cuba which In international commerce and politics, an embargo is the prohibition of commerce (division of trade) and trade with a certain country, in order to isolate it and to put its government into a difficult internal situation, given that the effects of the embargo are often able to make its economy suffer from the initiative.

Straight from wiki if any one needed the definition!
    A far more detailed and official explanation to say No. Thanks DiasFlak.
    sorry didnt notice i didnt end it with no  but yes that is what i was getting at sorry if it sounded  condescending! when i look back and read it i think thats how it sounds.
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 848
    Having had a couple of 'cuban' cohibas...don't bother. Maybe one day we will be able to open trade with Cuba. The Castro Bros' are very old, shouldn't be much longer. Till then enjoy cigars from everywhere else, b/c the cuban cigar is not always worth it.
    DiasFlak:
    sorry didnt notice i didnt end it with no  but yes that is what i was getting at sorry if it sounded  condescending! when i look back and read it i think thats how it sounds.
    Bro, You just took more time to give the official reason. I like the post very much and didn't take it any other way except a more detailed reply.
    cool cool thanks for making me feel a little better lol.
    we are a pretty easy goin bunch. even when we argue we are respectful. I cant speak for anyone else, but i never read a post and assume i am being spoken down to.

at least on this forum
    well thats great news im very easy going takes alot to offend me so you will probably never argue with me!
    DiasFlak:
    well thats great news im very easy going takes alot to offend me so you will probably never argue with me!
    no. ill argue with you. just ask maddy when he gets back in here. we argue all the time. ...and boy do we both learn a lot from it.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    Also there are MANY sites out there that claim to sell Official Cubans and ship anywhere and more than likely it a hoax. It would be WAY too easy to get busted offering Cuban cigars that openly to U.S. citizens. I can't speak of the Cuban versions, but I have had a few DR or Red Dot Cohibas, and they are a very good smoke! Love the EV!!! Mmm...
  • dutyjedutyje Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,263
    kuzi16:
    we are a pretty easy goin bunch. even when we argue we are respectful. I cant speak for anyone else, but i never read a post and assume i am being spoken down to.

at least on this forum
    Except on politics... kuzi's totally got his head up his backside in there ;)
    i love when people get talking about cuban cigars so much to say its like a urban legend! but on any case i agree the cohiba red dot is good
    dutyje:
    kuzi16:

at least on this forum
    Except on politics... kuzi's totally got his head up his backside in there ;)
    but only because i deal in logic and reason and whats been proven to work. emotions mean nothing if the concepts they inspire dont work
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    PuroFreak:
    Also there are MANY sites out there that claim to sell Official Cubans and ship anywhere and more than likely it a hoax. It would be WAY too easy to get busted offering Cuban cigars that openly to U.S. citizens.
    Its not illegal for people from other countries to sell US citizens Cuban cigars. It is illegal for US citizens to purchase them. So any chance of getting busted is purely on the buyers end. There are scammers out there, and there are also legitimate places selling Cubans.
    DiasFlak:
    I say dumb things everyday and I never intend to offend or feel insulted by replys.. Most people will agree " no offense was taken " .
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    j0z3r:
    PuroFreak:
    Also there are MANY sites out there that claim to sell Official Cubans and ship anywhere and more than likely it a hoax. It would be WAY too easy to get busted offering Cuban cigars that openly to U.S. citizens.
    Its not illegal for people from other countries to sell US citizens Cuban cigars. It is illegal for US citizens to purchase them. So any chance of getting busted is purely on the buyers end. There are scammers out there, and there are also legitimate places selling Cubans.
    Very true I knew a few people that order ISOMs online regularly, I'm not one of them but I know they do and where they do from.
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    PuroFreak:
    Very true I knew a few people that order ISOMs online regularly, I'm not one of them but I know they do and where they do from.
    And even if you did order them, I doubt you'd want to admit to it... I know I certainly wouldn't want to make the job of prosecuting/fining me any easier for the powers that be.
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    I really don't but if I did ... you're damn right I wouldn't. I've heard its pushing $10,000 fines now.
    holy crap 10,000 in fines?!!? perhaps i wouldnt buy one now...
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    If I get caught with some, I'll promise the Feds that I'll burn each and every one of them. Eventually.
    zoom6zoom:
    If I get caught with some, I'll promise the Feds that I'll burn each and every one of them. Eventually.
    LOL no doubt
  • wmaxhamwmaxham Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 80
    DiasFlak:
    zoom6zoom:

LOL no doubt

Lol. Think they would go for that? And what's the punishment on buying fake cubans? Still 10g's?
    wmaxham:
    DiasFlak:
    zoom6zoom:
    LOL no doubt
    Lol. Think they would go for that? And what's the punishment on buying fake cubans? Still 10g's?
    If you are in possession of them and a customs agent caught them, they'd likely either confiscate them or make you remove the bands, I bought some knockoff Cohibas in Mexico and they let me keep them, they just took the box and made me remove the bands.
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    I came back from Canada with a few. The customs agent took them out, looked at them, thought for a minute, then put them back and went on about his business.
    yeah sometimes you get the people who dont care and sometimes understand