Home Ratings & Reviews

Ashton ESG 23 Year Salute Cigar Review Video

kaelariakaelaria Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 572
image This 6.25×52 stick offers a dark milk chocolate wrapper with a slight tooth, tight seams and firm pack with just a bit of give. A triple cap and minimal veins combine with a slightly irregular lumpy appearance showing it as a hand made creation. The first third brought a medium-full body of flavors including a smooth creamy cocoa with an undertone of tobacco and pepper, the finish being short and more peppery than the draw adding a slight spice kick. By the 2nd third flavors had transitioned to a smooth creamy cocoa with a bit of coffee, touch of leather and on the end of the draw into the lengthening finish, a black pepper taste and slight zing over the tongue. The last third brought the coffee flavor more forward and amped up the pepper especially on the finish. Smoke output was very good, coating the mouth with rich, smooth tastes. Draw and burn were both excellent all the way down with no issues and not needing any thought. Burn time to the last inch was 1:35. http://cigarobsession.com/2010/02/24/ashton-esg-23-year-salute-cigar-review/

Comments

• urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    Sounds tasty. I've never had any of the ESGs.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    PM sent, Bryan.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    urbino:
    ESGs are pretty rare, if you ever happen to see any, I highly recommend picking one up. Just be aware you will probably be paying $21+ for a stick. (but it's a great smoke)
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    kaelaria:
    image This 6.25×52 stick offers a dark milk chocolate wrapper with a slight tooth, tight seams and firm pack with just a bit of give. A triple cap and minimal veins combine with a slightly irregular lumpy appearance showing it as a hand made creation. The first third brought a medium-full body of flavors including a smooth creamy cocoa with an undertone of tobacco and pepper, the finish being short and more peppery than the draw adding a slight spice kick. By the 2nd third flavors had transitioned to a smooth creamy cocoa with a bit of coffee, touch of leather and on the end of the draw into the lengthening finish, a black pepper taste and slight zing over the tongue. The last third brought the coffee flavor more forward and amped up the pepper especially on the finish. Smoke output was very good, coating the mouth with rich, smooth tastes. Draw and burn were both excellent all the way down with no issues and not needing any thought. Burn time to the last inch was 1:35. http://cigarobsession.com/2010/02/24/ashton-esg-23-year-salute-cigar-review/
    hmmm...site is down...oh well
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Krieg:
    urbino:
    ESGs are pretty rare, if you ever happen to see any, I highly recommend picking one up. Just be aware you will probably be paying $21+ for a stick. (but it's a great smoke)
    I think I had a review of the 20 or 21 and out of all of them I've had I have to say they just aren't that great. Maybe if they lowered the price by 8 or 10 dollars but I feel they don't even touch a VSG. I do want to try the 23 though.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    I got 11 of them for $150. Smoked one and really liked it.
  • Stryker808Stryker808 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 269
    cabinetmaker:
    At that price yeah. Its a great smoke, but I think I over paid. Good to try once, but its not a $20 smoke, IMO.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    cabinetmaker:
    wow, that's not bad.