Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Help Me Build A Texas Holdem Game

DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
I am trying to think of a fun new game we can play if there is any interest. I want to somehow do a Texas Holdem game....need some help building the rules etc...

Some thoughts

I would moderate the game
I think we would start with 8 players
Put a fixed limit on betting sticks? Maybe 2 or 3 per hand/game?
Do you play this by the hand or play a series of hands for 1 game
How do we do blinds?
Folding
How do we deal?
Can this work?

Comments

• zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    You should go to a place like full tilt and email them that you want a private tabel and they will give you a room ID and stuff. Then you get the players and PM the room ID and code or whatever is needed. I dont know if it can be play money or if it has to be real money. If its play money, that perfect. It will be a tournament of 9 players and whoever is the winner get the bag of sticks that everyone (losers) will send. Maybe you can do a 1st, 2nd 3rd place finish, depending on how many players.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    zeebra:
    You should go to a place like full tilt and email them that you want a private tabel and they will give you a room ID and stuff. Then you get the players and PM the room ID and code or whatever is needed. I dont know if it can be play money or if it has to be real money. If its play money, that perfect. It will be a tournament of 9 players and whoever is the winner get the bag of sticks that everyone (losers) will send. Maybe you can do a 1st, 2nd 3rd place finish, depending on how many players.
    I've played at fulltiltpoker in their free games. Nice set up. I would say it would be easiest to have a tournament, if you will. Everyone puts in a certain number of sticks, 1st place gets the most, 2nd gets some, 3rd place gets their entry cigars back, and the rest whine about their cards!

If they allow you to set up a "free" game as a private table, it would be sweet. Everyone would be issued the same # of chips.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    I've done some online tourneys that do the split 50%, 30%, 20% for 1st, 2nd, 3rd. I'm not sure is that is standard, but it's as good a system as any and offers a higher payout for the 3rd place guy than just what he bought in with.

As far as how the cigars are split among the winners, that's a little more tricky. It would make sense to me for one person to hold the cigars in escrow and then send out the winnings which would be assigned randomly to each person who placed. Any thoughts on that?
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    I was just poking around at fultiltpoker, I don't think you can create your own private game. You can on yahoo's poker, though it isn't nearly as cool at fultiltpoker: http://games.yahoo.com/games/login2?page=po&ss=1
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    I would do a tournament style...... Maybe a buy in of 10-20 premium sticks. Then payouts for 1st 2nd and 3rd.