Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    Nice haul! Congrats brother.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Thanks man. If I didn't get black the last time I was going to get the Macassar Ebony. I really like the way it looks. I have those cigars already so I don't neccesarilly need them but I'll take them. Besides, that Humidor sells for around $600 last I checked. Now, I have 8!
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    Yea, very nice haul!!! One of these days I'm gonna pick up some of the DC Annis but they are a bit high for my current budget! Hopefully in early March I'll be getting a LARGE raise though!!!
    rwheelwright:
    Thanks man. If I didn't get black the last time I was going to get the Macassar Ebony. I really like the way it looks. I have those cigars already so I don't neccesarilly need them but I'll take them. Besides, that Humidor sells for around $600 last I checked. Now, I have 8!
    Well that being the case I'd be more than happy to take those extra sticks off your hands. I mean you not needing them and all.
    How bout this, if I am ever in VA let's meet up and I'll hook you up with a few cigars. How far are you from Centreville?
    I was just teasin you wheelz. Believe it or not there are two Centrevilles in VA one near DC and one near Charlottesville. I'm about 2.5 hours fromt he DC one and 3.5 from Charlottesville.
    Oh, well that sucks. My friend lives in the Centreville by DC. I go there every couple of months at least. If you ever feel like taking a trip up there, let me know.
    Ok, after all this talk today about cigars and bourbon and everything else, I'm going to do my best this afternoon to squeeze in a smoke and a drink. Not sure if I will be able to, but I'm going to try my best!
    Andy was just saying he might be up that way. I have family and friends in that area. Next time you're up there let me know I have a friend up there whos a cigar smoker as well. We'll herf it up.
  • cheymancheyman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 157
    Right now I'm having a Perdomo Lot 23 Maduro Belicoso. I really like this one.
    hmm ... nothing AGAIN. This weather blows.
    I didn't smoke today. My gums have been bothering me and I am wondering if the smoking has something to do with it. I had a friend who smoked a lot and said that his gums were receeding so he stopped and they got better. I have been smoking so much that my mouth needs a break. I don't know how much longer I can hold out.
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    I, on the other hand, may actually smoke something tonight. The weather warmed up today, and my cold is decidedly on the wane. I'm practically giddy at the possibility.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    I've deemed today to be "Pete Johnson Day"...I had an El Triunfador this afternoon, which was very good, props to maddy for mentioning this one. A bit later I had a Tatuaje Havana VI corona gorda which was also a nice smoke...with their respective strengths, however, I should have smoked them in the opposite order. Still and all some good seegars.
    j0z3r:
    I had an El Triunfador this afternoon, which was very good, props to maddy for mentioning this one.
    That cigar isn't real. It doesn't exist. ;)
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    I had an El Triunfador this afternoon, which was very good, props to maddy for mentioning this one.
    Then...I spent an hour puffing air? Unreal. :)
    j0z3r:
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:
    Then...I spent an hour puffing air? Unreal. :)
    Damn ghost cigars, they even have a pretty good flavor now. Hard to believe they aren't real.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Do you get to count the experience since its not real ?
  • dutyjedutyje Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,263
    good point, gmill... if you stick to smoking those exclusively, would you be lying if you said "no" to the smoker question on your insurance?
    dutyje:
    good point, gmill... if you stick to smoking those exclusively, would you be lying if you said "no" to the smoker question on your insurance?
    Hmm that sounds like a question for Pete.

dutyje:

Kinda like saying no while shaking your head yes I suppose.

• dutyjedutyje Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,263
    gmill880:

dutyje:

Kinda like saying no while shaking your head yes I suppose.

Have you ever tried to execute such a maneuver? I actually almost injured myself once trying to do that. It's harder than you'd think.
    Yea and the looks on peoples faces are pretty funny too
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    Umkay fellas, if this thread devolves any further, I'm bringing the 7-year-old in off the bench so she can jump into the conversation.
    This was a CODED conversation totally about cigars between duty and myself Luko. If you stop being so grumpy we'll send you a Captain Cigar decoder ring so you can follow along !!!
  • StoogeeStoogee Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 157
    Just had a pepin cuban classic and a nice glass of highland park 12 year scotch. The cuban classic while a good cigar is not my favorite pepin blend but it is quite strong and has a nice flavor with what I would call nutty with a slight leather and wood taste although I think the nutty flavors are the most dominant. It is definately a cigar I will smoke again and I am yet to have a pepin cigar I didnt like.
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    gmill880:
    This was a CODED conversation totally about cigars between duty and myself Luko. If you stop being so grumpy we'll send you a Captain Cigar decoder ring so you can follow along !!!
    Oh...oh...I'm in. Is the ring from the real "Captain." Speaking of, where'd he go?
    Disappered in a cloud of cigar smoke
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    and feasant pheathers.
    Well another night with no smoke for me... This is starting to become a trend and I don't like it! haha Went on my usual 2 mile run after work then on the drive home came across a pretty bad wreck with the CareFlight Chopper had to be brought in and 2, 6 lane roads were shut DOWN! Was too tired to smoke when I got home so I just ate dinner with the wife and played with the kiddo for a while and went to bed. Not a bad night all in all really.