Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• reggie713reggie713 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,018
  • chemforeverchemforever Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,200
    Panetela maybe, dono nat or mad but with that cello, had to get one from the b&m. image
  • mr.wendell1979mr.wendell1979 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 221
    Ramon Beuso... Genesis Robusto from the sampler I got from Ccom daily deal recently!
  • taythegibstaythegibs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,024
    Mow little devil i got not long after they started selling them.
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    oliva v maduro 2011 , mighty dang tasty i tell ya!!

• musicman3musicman3 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 622
  • Bad Daddy RabbitBad Daddy Rabbit Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    Cu-Avano Intensus
  • bbass2bbass2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,056
    chemforever:
    Panetela maybe, dono nat or mad but with that cello, had to get one from the b&m. image

wow that looks tasty
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    AKA Respect,, knew this one was a winner after my first one. This one came from JJ,, Thanks man.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    bbass2:
    chemforever:

wow that looks tasty
    Love the palmas but never seen a padron last that long at a b&m lol
  • Rail JockeyRail Jockey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 758
    Padron 1964, 45th anniversy...at Casa De Montecristo. that place is so far beyond over the top its not even right!!! if your ever in the Chicago area it is a must see.......
    Rail Jockey:
    Padron 1964, 45th anniversy...at Casa De Montecristo. that place is so far beyond over the top its not even right!!! if your ever in the Chicago area it is a must see.......
    we need to meet up some time, I'll be moving back there in a few months. That place is great!
  • Rail JockeyRail Jockey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 758
    i'm ready. i do not know anyone in the Chicago area that smokes cigars, other than a few of you guys on here. i told my wife, i will never be able to go to another cigar bar that will even come close to that place....
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    E. P. Carrillo INCH 6 1/8 X 64

What an annoying smoke with such a huge ring gauge. It is difficult to enjoy a cigar when the smoke comes to the mouth with such a force and wide angle. On top of that the as usual Nicaraguan overpowering spiciness. the cigar is harsh with strong metallic finish at the back. The flavors are pretty plain tons of wood, black pepper, roasted coffee. that's all I can find from this cigar. My jaw almost fell off. Cigar suppose to be relaxing but this close to a torture. it is straight medium bodied.

I don't understand why E.P. Carrillo has to make something like this who has a good reputation to create balanced and complex blends. It is not a easy task to creat a rich, balanced and complex cigar with such a huge ring gauge. I can only recommend this for them who like big ring gauge cigars. Nothing special about it.
    Like eating a steak with flowers with some pepper at times, interesting. image
  • gripnripgripnrip Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406
    jj20030:
    oliva v maduro 2011 , mighty dang tasty i tell ya!!

Is that the lancero? I picked up a 5er of them some months ago and they are so good....my new favorite V vitola!
    rzaman:

What an annoying smoke with such a huge ring gauge. It is difficult to enjoy a cigar when the smoke comes to the mouth with such a force and wide angle. On top of that the as usual Nicaraguan overpowering spiciness. the cigar is harsh with strong metallic finish at the back. The flavors are pretty plain tons of wood, black pepper, roasted coffee. that's all I can find from this cigar. My jaw almost fell off. Cigar suppose to be relaxing but this close to a torture. it is straight medium bodied.

I don't understand why E.P. Carrillo has to make something like this who has a good reputation to create balanced and complex blends. It is not a easy task to creat a rich, balanced and complex cigar with such a huge ring gauge. I can only recommend this for them who like big ring gauge cigars. Nothing special about it.

I saw these at the B&M friday and put it back simply because of the ring gauge.
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    You are a smart man Ben.
    bbass2:
    rzaman:

I saw these at the B&M friday and put it back simply because of the ring gauge.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    rzaman:

I saw these at a B & M as well...kept movin...don't understand the market for these jaw breakers??? Is it the little big man complex? I don't get it..
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    It's mind blowing shizz, but I see it all the time. There are several regulars that grab these and anything that size at the shop on a regular basis. Seriously...they sell tons of these, diggers, etc... Americans want the biggest strongest cigar bang for your buck.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    catfishbluezz:
    It's mind blowing shizz, but I see it all the time. There are several regulars that grab these and anything that size at the shop on a regular basis. Seriously...they sell tons of these, diggers, etc... Americans want the biggest strongest cigar bang for your buck.
    Seriously?? Maybe too much time to kill or they toss it after their friends leave?
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    catfishbluezz:
    Dustin, what do you think it is?? Obviously it isnt all Americans, so is it the casual smoker, inexperienced, or are all these guys playing Bill Clinton and the corona's just arent cuttin it anymore, perhaps the strength is chosen as its the only one that balance out the flavor after theyre through playin??As for the "inch",, can you say Buttplug,,;o)
    The Kid:
    catfishbluezz:
    Dustin, what do you think it is?? Obviously it isnt all Americans, so is it the casual smoker, inexperienced, or are all these guys playing Bill Clinton and the corona's just arent cuttin it anymore, perhaps the strength is chosen as its the only one that balance out the flavor after theyre through playin??As for the "inch",, can you say Buttplug,,;o)
    LOL.... I just think the majority of consumers in the US look for and buy large cigars. As you educate them, they realize the differences; however, some never get there. America as a whole has a culture of live fast die young, stressstressstress, never take a day off, work when you're sick, and get the most out of every minute without stopping to appreciate life. The whole point of cigars is to stop and relax, not get the biggest fastest buzz you can. The people that look for the latter, are the majority of Americans who buy with their eyes. I realized this a long time ago hanging and working in the shop from time to time, as well as with my psychology studies, and it makes perfect sense. Why else would a boutique company like Ezra Zion make a 60rg? They have no reason, would never buy it themselves, but know that is where the demand lies.

It's easy really, we are the minority, as much as we do not think we are. Otherwise, there would be walls full of lancero's and corona's at cigar shops...and there isn't.
    Bigshizza:
    catfishbluezz:
    Seriously?? Maybe too much time to kill or they toss it after their friends leave?
    You have to work hard to get people from paying out the rear for Gurkha cognac dipped cigars, Maker's Mark cigars, Monte and Cohiba, and the biggest darkest cigar they can find. You;d be amazed how many people grab the JFR 7X70...... One of the best selling cigars in the shop, sells itself...
  • ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    I enjoy a large rg cigar (not 60, more like 54-56) by a longer length say 6 or 6.5 when hanging out with friends and playing cards or having some good beers late at night on the patio. As long as I dont get burned out on the cigar it last me a couple hours with good flavor and burn. I am really getting away from the 60 rg's but the larger rg still have a small place in my heart.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    I attribute it to the casual cigar smoker going for the classic gangster look, a big ole maduro. Let's face it, coronas and lanceros don't have the manly look that a casual smoker is often looking for. For those casual smokers, the "look" is probably more important than the flavors or anything else really.
    Before I started smoking somewhat regularly I wouldn't buy a small vitola because of the idea of value. Why would I pay 6.50 for a robusto or something smaller when I can get a toro of the same brand/line for 7.00. Sizes and prices are just estimates. Thankfully I've learned a lot since those days.
  • leerescue@yahoo.comleerescue@yahoo.com Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 206
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    San Lotano Maduro. Underwhelmed. In fact, not whelmed AT ALL.
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    JOHNNY O, very tasty, not sure which vitola but had a shaggy foot , think it has 2-3 years humi time image