Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    i had an SLR maduro. ill have the review up later
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    I had an Ancient Warrior robusto the other night and it was a damn good smoke. Burned a little uneven and the draw was a bit tight, but the flavor was very nice. Took about an hour and 10 minutes to smoke and was a nice end to my vacation.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    dutyje:
    Good thing you liked it, wheelie... I'd hate to be sitting on 59 cigars I never want to smoke again
    I have been smoking these on and off since I started smoking cigars at 18. I'm sure they aren't for everyone but I like them. Plus if I start one and I can't finish it I don't feel as bad tossing it as I would a full size more expensive smoke.
    phobicsquirrel:
    good to know jozer, I got 2 of them.. I smoked a gurkha royal salute (reserve) and though I love the smell these things put off in my humi, they just don't have the flavor one would expect. The cognac is very subtle (and the cigar doesn't have any other complex flavors) and while reading a review from a much more experienced smoker than I, said the maduro wrapper takes the strength from the cognac. So good news is this is my 3rd and I can say I will not be buying a box, so that saves me 400 bucks, but now I really want to try a HMR especially since it doesn't have the maduro wrapper. So I hope this Xmas the singles drop to 300 or so... Yeah I'm nuts but my curiosity is too high.
    I thought the HMR was Maduro. I am going to have to do a side by side test of the Grand Reserve and the Platinum Reserve. The Grand that I have is a connie wrapper and the Platinum is Maduro.
  • Dude LoveDude Love Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 315
    Oliva Serie O Maduro. This cigar got a 1 word review: mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
    Dude Love:
    Oliva Serie O Maduro. This cigar got a 1 word review: mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
    I liked the Serio O maduro as well! I smoked on at an event and have another resting in the Humi. What size did you have?
    Dude Love:
    I liked the Serio O maduro as well! I smoked on at an event and have another resting in the Humi. What size did you have?
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    let's see...this friday i'll be smoking a pork butt and while smoking that, ill be smoking Padron 64......having a smoke while smoking, can't beat that.
  • Dude LoveDude Love Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 315
    Krieg:
    let's see...this friday i'll be smoking a pork butt and while smoking that, ill be smoking Padron 64......having a smoke while smoking, can't beat that.

What about smoking while getting smoked?

PuroFreak:
    Dude Love:

Holy double posts batman!

I had a robusto. I can still get a faint taste of cocoa in my mouth even after I brushed my teeth like an hour ago. Mmmmm.
  • SmokeRingSmokeRing Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 61
    Smoked a RP Sungrown last night Mmmm...Mmmm...Good! It's getting very windy today so I probably won't be able to smoke anything tonight
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    dutyje:
    I like Punch cigars, and had been thinking about picking up a tin of smaller smokes
    The Punch London Club is another good shortie.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    rwheelwright:
    phobicsquirrel:
    good to know jozer, I got 2 of them.. I smoked a gurkha royal salute (reserve) and though I love the smell these things put off in my humi, they just don't have the flavor one would expect. The cognac is very subtle (and the cigar doesn't have any other complex flavors) and while reading a review from a much more experienced smoker than I, said the maduro wrapper takes the strength from the cognac. So good news is this is my 3rd and I can say I will not be buying a box, so that saves me 400 bucks, but now I really want to try a HMR especially since it doesn't have the maduro wrapper. So I hope this Xmas the singles drop to 300 or so... Yeah I'm nuts but my curiosity is too high.
    I thought the HMR was Maduro. I am going to have to do a side by side test of the Grand Reserve and the Platinum Reserve. The Grand that I have is a connie wrapper and the Platinum is Maduro.
    The HMR has a Dominican wrapper which is some sort of uber rare, with a mix of secret fillers... So it not being a maduro, and with 20 cigars with a entire bottle of cognac, it must be a delight. But that's a good idea, I'm going to have to do the same thing. I'm still thinking that the non-maduro will have more flavor. Though I don't really know what the difference is between the plat, and royal. I mean I've heard the plat is double infused and the royal is triple infused but that's about it. They tast almost the same from what I remember.
  • bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    Finishing up a Camacho Coyolar Puro Rothschild. Was a very tasty full bodied smoke. For the inconsistency I've read about in this cigar, this thing burn wonderfully and had a slightly free draw with a cut. Lots of earthy/woodiness to it, very pleasant cigar IMO.
  • brc81brc81 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 249
    Just finished an Oliva Serie G Toro. Was a pleasant smoke with awesome burn and draw.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    Smoked a Montesino today, have no clue how it got in my humi. Fairly good smoke. Not as full bodied as i was expecting. Rather smooth, slightly spicy and flavors of earthy oak, strange it wasnt cedar. I was double imprssed when i looked up the price tag. Tonight is probably the Legend Pheebs blew me up with. April 1st is the birthday of the Chief Petty Officer and the Chiefs Club is hosting a herf.

BTW i finally got around to smoking the Oliva Master Blend 3, great smoke, like a G Maduro on steriods. Very smooth, beautiful burn, cocoay, earhty cedary, good ol maduro flavor. Wish they werent 11 bucks a stick though!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Montesino was the first cigar I ever smoked. I love 'em still. Great smoke, great price, I keep them on hand, and often pass them out because of the fine experience for any smoker, at a reasonable price.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Nothing tonight...coupla weeks in a row the old stomachs wantin' to act up, don't know whats up with that but I am mule-lipped ...
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    mmm, mmmm....still drooling over the tatuaje havana vi I had tonight. It had to be the most perfectly constructed cigar I've had. Light and burn were flawless. The ash hung on forever and was just about perfectly symetrical. And it had a great earthy flavor with little hints of pepper coming in and out. I want more.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Today was a Nording.. As always very pleasing.
    Nothing tonight. Tomorrow is a different story
  • TumblerTumbler Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 338
    Luko:
    mmm, mmmm....still drooling over the tatuaje havana vi I had tonight. It had to be the most perfectly constructed cigar I've had. Light and burn were flawless. The ash hung on forever and was just about perfectly symetrical. And it had a great earthy flavor with little hints of pepper coming in and out. I want more.

Oh yeh - that Tat is a keeper isn't it? I have been so busy, but today was a 3 cigar day.... Sol cubano cuban cabinet first - and I really like that smoke for the money. Followed that up with your Tat and you were spot on for me also. I really really enjoyed that hour. The pepper did fade in and out - fairly complex smoke.

I am having a RP sungrown now it's pretty smooth and a nice subtle flavor, but I am pretty underwhelmed... I like the Decade and the Edge, but RP is just not really getting it done for me...
    Wasn't paying any attention and got into the label with the RP - now that imparted some flavor... :)
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    Ha! Only you, Tumbler.

I had a Tatuaje Miami Mon. night. Reminded me quite a bit of the Padilla 68. Right now I'm having a Punch Gran Puro, after dinner and a beer.
  • ShawnJShawnJ Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 65
    This afternoon I had a Padron 1964 Anniversary edition and then tonight after dinner I had a Rocky Patel ITC 10 Year Anniversary. Both nice, spicy smokes.
    That bodes well for the Padilla '32. I got a five pack I have been letting sit for a while. I haven't tried the '68, but love the Miami Tat and the Padilla Miami. :)

*** - I am the only one! Damn... I feel like such an ... ass - oh well look at my picture...
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    I haven't had the 32 or the Miami. I have some 32s I got in a trade with j0z3r, though. (Or were those 48s, Joe?) I like the 68 a lot, especially the torpedo.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    urbino:
    (Or were those 48s, Joe?)
    Should be one of each, and a Miami to boot.
    Had my first Gurkha Legend tonight. Holy Crap i wish these werent so pricey. What an awesome smoke. Gorgeous burn, sweet, flavorful tasty smoke all the wat to the nub. Thanks Pheebs!!! I had been dying to try one of those and it was worth the wait!
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    glad you liked it jetty, but I think i sent you a royal brigade..
    It said Legend on the wrapper, on both sides of the Gurkha logo. But underneath it had a second bad that said something like "Silver Anniversary Edition" or something like that. First double band Legend i've ever seen. Something you know that i dont.