Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Jetmech_63:
    Happy Birthday Brandon!!

Today was an outstanding smoking day. Started off with a Conuco, the an ITC 10th, went to a CAO event and had an MX2(awesome Maduro!!!) and ended with an AF Anejo. My second Anejo and jeezus these things are good! Sweet, balanced and a rich smoke that covers you palate.

Just the mention of a AF Anejo makes sweat beads pop up on my forehead. Damn that is one great smoke and a must have on hand for me. The MX2, I've only had one but definitly worth the money and need to look for some more. So how did you like the event ?
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    alienmisprint:
    Just finished a ESV Aristocrata courtesy of thebody52. Great cigar, just like the Regente I had a while back. Can't say I prefer either size really, they are both excellent, I guess it would come down to how long I felt like smoking.
    Maybe the epicure would be perfect for you at 6x54? I know it's the one I like best.

Had a Camacho 1962 Pre-Embargo today, this cigar grows on me more and more each time I have one. Truly an excellent cigar in my book. It leaves a pleasantly salty aftertaste that lingers on the tongue for a good while after the cigar is finished...delish.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Jetmech_63:
    Happy Birthday Brandon!!

... ended with an AF Anejo. My second Anejo and jeezus these things are good! Sweet, balanced and a rich smoke that covers you palate.

gmill880:
    Just the mention of a AF Anejo makes sweat beads pop up on my forehead. Damn that is one great smoke and a must have on hand for me.

I have got to try one of those, I think I have liked everything either of you two have ever suggested. I am putting an order in this week, hope they have some in stock. Any suggestion on the size?

j0z3r:
    alienmisprint:
    Just finished a ESV Aristocrata courtesy of thebody52. Great cigar, just like the Regente I had a while back. Can't say I prefer either size really, they are both excellent, I guess it would come down to how long I felt like smoking.
    Maybe the epicure would be perfect for you at 6x54? I know it's the one I like best.

Another one I will have to try when I put my order in this week. I do generally like toros or robusto sized cigars, makes sense I would dig the toro-equivilent in the ESV. And Jo, you've got a PM.
    alienmisprint:
    Jetmech_63:
    Happy Birthday Brandon!!

... ended with an AF Anejo. My second Anejo and jeezus these things are good! Sweet, balanced and a rich smoke that covers you palate.

gmill880:
    Just the mention of a AF Anejo makes sweat beads pop up on my forehead. Damn that is one great smoke and a must have on hand for me.

I have got to try one of those, I think I have liked everything either of you two have ever suggested. I am putting an order in this week, hope they have some in stock. Any suggestion on the size?

j0z3r:
    alienmisprint:

Another one I will have to try when I put my order in this week. I do generally like toros or robusto sized cigars, makes sense I would dig the toro-equivilent in the ESV. And Jo, you've got a PM.

The Anejo #77 -The Shark Pyramid is my first choice and second is the #55 Torpedo but I wouldn't turn down any of them ...Tony you will love this cigar...
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    alienmisprint:
    And Jo, you've got a PM.
    Got it, check yours again, I made a mistake in my info, a good mistake (for you).
    j0z3r:
    alienmisprint:
    And Jo, you've got a PM.
    Got it, check yours again, I made a mistake in my info, a good mistake (for you).

Mr Alien you have mail ...
    Replied to you both, and thank you both.
  • TumblerTumbler Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 338
    j0z3r:
    alienmisprint:

Had a Camacho 1962 Pre-Embargo today, this cigar grows on me more and more each time I have one. Truly an excellent cigar in my book. It leaves a pleasantly salty aftertaste that lingers on the tongue for a good while after the cigar is finished...delish.

Great to hear that about the pre-embargo. Tim said I should give those a whirl so I grabbed 3 for a taste and then the other day the one day deal was pretty incredible so I picked up 3 - 5 packs. I do love Camacho. I really like the diploma limited and the triple maduro... any similarities?
  • hawaiianbasshawaiianbass Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 123
    Big cigar day for me. I started out with a Rocky Patel Olde World Maduro and switched to an Oliva Serie G Maduro and then whe I went to the driving range I lit up a MAXX Ego. After a bit of a break I had an Oliva Serie G Cameroon (fantasitic stick!) and a Verdadero Organic and to finish out the night while Idrove into work I had a Padilla Habano. CK
    hawaiianbass:
    Big cigar day for me. I started out with a Rocky Patel Olde World Maduro and switched to an Oliva Serie G Maduro and then whe I went to the driving range I lit up a MAXX Ego. After a bit of a break I had an Oliva Serie G Cameroon (fantasitic stick!) and a Verdadero Organic and to finish out the night while Idrove into work I had a Padilla Habano. CK
    I just finished an OWR Maduro, great stick. I think I prefer the Corojo a little, but it really would just come down to what mood I was in at the time. How did you like the Verdadero? I have been wanting to try one of those.
    hawaiianbass:
    Big cigar day for me. I started out with a Rocky Patel Olde World Maduro and switched to an Oliva Serie G Maduro and then whe I went to the driving range I lit up a MAXX Ego. After a bit of a break I had an Oliva Serie G Cameroon (fantasitic stick!) and a Verdadero Organic and to finish out the night while Idrove into work I had a Padilla Habano.

You are the man! I too am finishing up with a Padilla Habano. That and the Sol Cubano cabinet are my two reasonable smokes. Age does the Habano well. I also had an Olivo O which was tasty and a montecristo #2 which went down well... :)
    Tumbler:
    hawaiianbass:
    Big cigar day for me. I started out with a Rocky Patel Olde World Maduro and switched to an Oliva Serie G Maduro and then whe I went to the driving range I lit up a MAXX Ego. After a bit of a break I had an Oliva Serie G Cameroon (fantasitic stick!) and a Verdadero Organic and to finish out the night while Idrove into work I had a Padilla Habano.

You are the man! I too am finishing up with a Padilla Habano. That and the Sol Cubano cabinet are my two reasonable smokes. Age does the Habano well. I also had an Olivo O which was tasty and a montecristo #2 which went down well... :)
    The Habano was really good but its one of those cigars I probably won't go out of my way to get. I haven't had a serie O yet but I'm excited to try it if its anywhere near the quality of the G, which I'm sure it is. I have a couple Cuban Cabinets I haven't tried yet. CK
    alienmisprint:
    hawaiianbass:
    I just finished an OWR Maduro, great stick. I think I prefer the Corojo a little, but it really would just come down to what mood I was in at the time. How did you like the Verdadero? I have been wanting to try one of those.
    The Verdadero is a really good stick. Its very smooth through the whole cigar with a hint of raisins (to me at least) that fades in and out. I only have one left so I'm going to have to get more. CK
  • 3 Stripes3 Stripes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 25
    I smoked a Gurkha Centurian last night. It was from the daily deal, the draw was harder than I like. I am going to let the other ones sit for a little while and see how it is.
  • betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    I'm planning on smoking my lone Padilla '68 today at my lunch since I'll be getting 10 more soon. I'm really looking forward to it!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    last night i had the cusano P1.

I lied about 5 vegas being the best deal in the market. i think the P1 has it beat. i mean, a box of torps is UNDER $60

i need to start keeping these on hand more.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Nothing for me last night and probably not today either. So far, I have been driving the car all week. I need to give my palette a break. Maybe tomorrow. If not, definately Friday.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    kuzi16:
    last night i had the cusano P1.

I lied about 5 vegas being the best deal in the market. i think the P1 has it beat. i mean, a box of torps is UNDER $60

i need to start keeping these on hand more.
    I haven't had the p1's but Nestor maduros are about that for a box.. I really like them, and a fantastic price too.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    I followed up a Diamond Crown in the late monring with a RP 1992 corona. They were both good cigars.

The Dimond crown had burn issues, but not too bothersome

The RP as usual had near perfect construction, draw and burn. Yum! I smoked this one while walking around Fenway Park yesterday!.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    Just finished a Padilla 68. An awesome blend. I had the toro and he must have used some really oily leaves because this thing burned slow yet put off a severe amount of smoke. Had a nice maple thing going on. After 1 1/2 hours i finally set it down and stood up...woah, wasnt expecting that!
    EDIT: I just noticed...duh...below the regular band it had a small black band that said "Edicion Aniversario"....what was that about. I looked up the sticks on ccom and they didnt have that. Also i have a few decades with the exact same band, but at the bottom. Ideas?
    Just had the same stick, toro and everything (since I bought ten more today :) ) and I loved the thing. Like Jet said, I tasted maple, some coffee notes, and a great little bit of cedar I wasn't expecting. The flavor was consistant, the burn was good, even in the wind.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    Well I haven't had anything in the past couple days so I'm hoping tonight I can get in either a Sol Cubano Cuban Cab, or a Don Pepin Cuban Classic... I'm waiting to see what the weather, and wife, are like when I get home.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    PuroFreak:
    Well I haven't had anything in the past couple days so I'm hoping tonight I can get in either a Sol Cubano Cuban Cab, or a Don Pepin Cuban Classic... I'm waiting to see what the weather, and wife, are like when I get home.
    So... Puro, which of the two will have the bigger affect on which cigar you will smoke ?
    Had an Onyx Vintage 1997 earlier. Just like the others I have had, this one had some burn issues, but the flavor was good. Overall a good stick, nothing too amazing, but a solid smoke nonetheless.
    I went out and had another stick, this one a 5 Vegas Cask Strength Toro. Freaking delicious, one of the better sticks I've had. I really enjoyed the first half, maybe 4/6ths, but the last part sort of got harsh and not so great. The first half alone was worth it though.
    Just had a Gurkha El Enigma. Man this was a dissapointing stick. I highly reccomend staying away from them, but if you do happen to get one in a sampler, pawn it off on someone who is more impressed by looks than by taste.
  • ShawnJShawnJ Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 65
    Cigars for the day were : Oliva Series G, A. Fernandez signature edition, Alec Bradley Tempus. Got in a box of Don Pepin Garcia Cuban Classics today. They had thrown in a freebie sampler of A. Fernandez signature edition which I had never had before. Great smoke.
    Nice to hear you liked the A Fernandez - I have that coming also... I couldn't refuse the one day deal on the pre-embargo - just couldn't decide between 2 or 3 of the five packs. Pulled the trigger on three, and was rewarded with the Fernandez at check out.

I am having the 601 red Habano at the moment. It started out with the lip numbing pepper and has settled down to a creamy sweet flavor with pepper fading in and out. I really like Pepin... :) I wish it had a little more something here in the last third, but we'll see if it changes for the finish. I'd pick more up when the price is right...
  • sdipsdip Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406
    Started out the day w a Cusano Xclusivo - this is really a great mild cigar. Quickly becoming a favorite. Next up was a Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte - good smoke/great value. Finished up w an Upmann Lonsdale - not sure which one. Ok, nothing great.
    Just finished a RP Signature Toro, hands down one of my top five sticks. This one was no exception, perfect construction, excellent taste, volumes of smoke, nice kick. All in all, a damn good cigar.