Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    I had a couple today, first was a Rocky Patel Decade second in the torpedo shape, it smoked awesome and the flavor was damn good, I really do like the Decade. Later was another RP second, an ITC 10th toro, another awesome cigar that I need to buy a bundle of sooner rather than later.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Yeah man, you can't beat the seconds.
  • gaberoxgaberox Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 824
    0 That Guy 0:
    I treated myself pretty good today with a Ashton VSG this afternoon followed up by a Padron 1964 tonight. I'm too knew to understand all the characteristics involved in the smoke but I do know that both of them were very hard to put down. I continued to want more, and took more, even after the "this is the last puff" mindset towards the very end of each.

lovin it.........

Ha ha thats so funny. I do the "this is the last puff" thing all the time. Sometimes Ill even put the cigar down to let it go out blow out the smoke, think damn that tasted good and pick it back up.

Almost done with a Ghurka G3 damn good cigar. I think Ligero might just be my thing as the Oliva V is probably my favorite right now. I used to love mostly maduros but not so much lately. Debating with myself weather or not to fire up a Oliva O natural churchill after the G3.
  • sdipsdip Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406
    Started out w a La Caya Fuerte. So far, I like this line and they are very, very inexpensive. Next up was a Gran Habano #3. Just ok, not as good as previous ones. Finished the night up smoking a Gurkha Symphony while walking around Monterrey. Not sure if it was the cigar or the setting, but it was great. Actually, it was probably both!
    Just finished up a Reo I got in a trade from Beta. I know I should've let it sit a day or two, but I saw the daily deal on it, I had to give em a try. All in all a good stick, but I don't think I'll be doing the deal on 'em.
  • betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    Yeah, nothing to write home about on my end, but it had such a great smell I wanted to see what you'd say about it. The VIBE is also pretty decent.
    betasynn:
    Yeah, nothing to write home about on my end, but it had such a great smell I wanted to see what you'd say about it. The VIBE is also pretty decent.
    Yeah, it did have a great aroma. And don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, just not sure I want to keep them on hand, gotta be selective with the humidor space and all, lol.
  • Doughty421Doughty421 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 39
    sdip:
    Started out w a La Caya Fuerte. So far, I like this line and they are very, very inexpensive. Next up was a Gran Habano #3. Just ok, not as good as previous ones. Finished the night up smoking a Gurkha Symphony while walking around Monterrey. Not sure if it was the cigar or the setting, but it was great. Actually, it was probably both!
    It's funny how a setting can influence the taste, or at least it does for me. Tonight I may have a Don Pepin Cuban Classic. Not a bad smoke in my opinion.
  • bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    Doughty421:
    Tonight I may have a Don Pepin Cuban Classic. Not a bad smoke in my opinion.
    That's a great smoke IMO...a favorite of mine
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    Last night was a J. FUEGO GRAN RESERVA COROJO NO. 1. Which was crap, kept going out on me and was really lacking in flavor IMHO. It may have been young, I wasn't getting the ammonia taste but it was on the harsh side and not the good harsh that I like.

Tonight I'm really thinking about a Perdomo ESV 91.
  • smokestersmokester Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 131
    I think tonight i will go with a RyJ viejo 'b' i really enjoyed the one i had about three months ago the other three have been resting and i think tonight i will see how they are doing.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Garen B:
    Had a Gurkha in a perfecto shape tonight, I don't know exactly what it is, got it in a pass. I really enjoyed it, got some nougat in the beginning, then some expresso, earth and woody flavors in the middle and it ended up being really smooth throughout. My best guess of what it is, is a Gurkha Centurian.
    what color was the band? if its red then its a centurian. if its gold then its a legend. if its blue then its a blue steel. if its greyish then its the royal brigade.
  • dep691dep691 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 311
    This morning I had a DPG JJ with coffee, can't go wrong with any of Pepin's stuff.
    Might change to a camacho triple maduro after a nice steak dinner mmmhmm.
  • 0 That Guy 00 That Guy 0 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 188
    Arturo Fuenta Grand Reserva - absolutely loved it!
  • betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    Had a pair of great cigars today, and might go for a third tonight. Started out with a Montecristo Media Noche robusto which was AMAZING. Very good smoke, will certainly be picking up a few more of these. Later, I kicked back in my new back yard and smoked a 5 Vegas Relic. I usually like perfectos but this one just didn't do it for me. It got a ton of praise around here, but it was pretty so-so after the first third. I have another I'll let rest and then I'll try it again.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Today was a Cusano C10. These cigars just keep appearing in my humidor. Each time I find one, I am pleased. Great burn, pretty spicy, And it gets stronger as you smoke it.. Leathery, kind of earthy.. I enjoyed it ..
  • tshawtshaw Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 178
    tonight is a leoninos churchill, its made by la aurora. got a box of 25 for a great price and i must say, this is my new daily smoke it is amazing what a great cigar for a great price
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Today was a 5 Vegas Limitada '09. It's a good cigar, reminds me a bit of the Relic, though not quite as pronounced in one particular flavor as it is rounded and complex. Another good cigar from 5 Vegas in my opinion.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Smoked a RP Spring collection 09 today at work. I have not had any of the other seasonal blends so I don't really know how they compare to others. This was a very good smoke, a little diff then what I'm used to from RP. A nice med toasty flavor with a little leather and earth...a good cigar IMHO...
    Just finished a Alec Bradley Ovation. It started off with a little spice, but not pepper. It had a distinct cinnamon flavor on the finish, but not really sweet. About a third of the way in, the cinnamon dissapated but the spice was still there. Then, at about the 2/3 point, I started getting little blast of coffee here and there. There were a bunch of flavors popping in and out throughout the whole thing, very good cigar. It is one you want to smoke when you really feel like paying attention to the smoke.
  • HugemooseHugemoose Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 458
    I really wish I could describe the flavors of cigars more, but I just finished smoking the RP vintage 1992.....and I'm a little drunk so please excuse any typing errors if there are any. It did have very earthy taste and only got better as it progressed. I was extremely happy with this smoke. It had an even burn, but I did have to relight it a twice because I was talking too much with everyone. otherwise I rwas really happy with the flavors and the overall cigar. I will likely be buying more of these in the future. There was lots of cigars being smoke tonight. One guy had one of my RP Edge...which wasn't too bad, but didn't wow me, another had a Nub Camaroon, another a Black Pearl maduro I think, another a CAO LX2....which was amazing! It was really, really dark and just full of flover which I can't describe but I enjoyed the few puffs I had. He is a whore for full bodied and dark cigars so it suited him perfectly. The 92 only got better as I smoked and I am very happy that I got this "90" plus rated pack from cigarbid....which ships out of the same place as Ccom!....which is only a about an hour from my town. Considering the 92 and other RP's, how do some of the more experienced guys feel about the "second" bundles of 90s, 92s etc. that cost a lot less? Same amount of flavor, smoke, even burn?
  • sdipsdip Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406
    Had a Cusano Xclusivo tonight. Nice combination of spice and creamy smoke.
    Hugemoose:
    Considering the 92 and other RP's, how do some of the more experienced guys feel about the "second" bundles of 90s, 92s etc. that cost a lot less? Same amount of flavor, smoke, even burn?
    I haven't had the 90 or 92 2nds, but the ITC 10th Anniversary, RP Decade, and Perdomo ESV 2nds are all spot-on. I'm pretty sure the 90 and 92 would be as well.

Just finishing up an Alec Bradley Tempus. Another great stick from AB, but it is a little too peppery for my taste. It would be perfect for those few times I'm in the mood for something heavy on the pepper. It really reminds me of a more refined Harvest Selection '97.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    alienmisprint:
    Hugemoose:
    Considering the 92 and other RP's, how do some of the more experienced guys feel about the "second" bundles of 90s, 92s etc. that cost a lot less? Same amount of flavor, smoke, even burn?
    I haven't had the 90 or 92 2nds, but the ITC 10th Anniversary, RP Decade, and Perdomo ESV 2nds are all spot-on. I'm pretty sure the 90 and 92 would be as well.

Just finishing up an Alec Bradley Tempus. Another great stick from AB, but it is a little too peppery for my taste. It would be perfect for those few times I'm in the mood for something heavy on the pepper. It really reminds me of a more refined Harvest Selection '97.
    I didn't know they had the Decades in 2nds! Is this something you can get from Ccom by phone??? I would love to get my hands on some of those!

Last night I had a RP Edge Maduro and it didn't seem to be as good as the last couple I've had. It was still a good smoke, but the flavor didn't seem as strong as the last, it was still a full bodied smoke though as always. Not one I will be giving up on for sure, but I hope the next I have is better!
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    I believe alien said you could get torpedo decade seconds at ccom
    Hey Puro, you've got a PM.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    alienmisprint:
    Hey Puro, you've got a PM.
    Awesome! Thanks man! I owe ya one!
    Just had a Tatuaja Havana VI Nobles and loved every minute of it. Last night had a Gurkha black puro draw was a little tight to begin with but got better the longer i smoked both great smokes.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471