Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Tumbler:
    Padilla '38 for breakfast, Oliva V figurado for lunch, and am having a Miami Tat with hydrocodone to finish things off tonight... Are you still listening Gene?

I hear ya my brother ...sounds like a good night to me !!!
    Smoked a Gurkha Holy Grail today. Started off kind of hot and harsh tasting but quickly turned around. By halfway point was a good cigar...lots of smoke, combination of pepper and spice but still sorta mellow...overall when it came time to set it down I was sad to let it go ...tommorows another day ...
  • NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 728
    Just had my second Perdomo 10th anniversary champagne tonight. Turning out to be one of my favorite
  • jacketsrulejacketsrule Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 401
    I just finished a Casa Torano Maduro Torpedo. It was good for almost two hours til my fingers were hot.
  • andrewhandrewh Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 97
    Had a rocky patel autumn, that I had been putting off smoking because I had read some not so great reviews on his seasonal collections but went ahead and bought it because I really like a lot of his stuff.  To be honest, this was my first double capped cigar so after the proper googling of where to cut I got going.  I was really pleasantly surprised though, it had a definite fall taste-I even got a little pumpkin and cider.  I'm interested to hear if anyone has had any other of the seasonals and what they thought?
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    andrewh:
    Had a rocky patel autumn, that I had been putting off smoking because I had read some not so great reviews on his seasonal collections but went ahead and bought it because I really like a lot of his stuff.  To be honest, this was my first double capped cigar so after the proper googling of where to cut I got going.  I was really pleasantly surprised though, it had a definite fall taste-I even got a little pumpkin and cider.  I'm interested to hear if anyone has had any other of the seasonals and what they thought?
    I've had his "Summer collection '08" when it first came out. I really liked it and have then since bought a box of them in the Robusto size. Not my favorite cigar, but I got a good deal on them so it was well worth it
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    I went Waaaay out of my usual today and had an Acid Atom Maduro. This was given to me by another forum member and truth be told I really liked it.
    There was the Acid infusion sweetness on the wrapper that reminds me of anisette or clove ( can't put my taste bud on it) that some purists don't care for, but with the rich tobacco flavors in this one, it was a compliment. The cigar was well made, burned near perfectly, and I was amazed at how the sweetness of the wrapper didn't mask the fine taste the Atom held. There was so much going on with the flavor profile an hour was not enough for me. The cigar ended with a great peppery finish.
    The draw was a bit loose which allowed for tons of tasty smoke, and caused me to heat it up a bit. My next purchase will include a couple more of these for the next time the urge for something " different" strikes.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    I had an acid cold fusion tea. Perfect construction and burn, but tasted like I was smoking scented bath soap. I think it would have been a decent cigar -the infusion.

I followed that up with a Oliveros XL double maduro and thoroughly enjoyed it.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Had a Cabaiguan Brandon was kind enough to gift me with. I think I prefer the Tat Miami, but it was still a very good cigar. Then I closed out the night with a Perdomo 10th Ann Champagne. This is first non-ESV Perdomo I have had, and although it didn't really hold up to the ESV, it was still a pretty enjoyable cigar.
  • TumblerTumbler Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 338
    Didn't get home until 8 tonight so I fired up a Camacho limited in the 11/18 size and it was quite tasty. I forgot how snappy that cigar is. I have probably had them about 8 months. Time is my friend with those things. That being said, I still couldn't rush that puppy.

I thought I would try to squeeze another cigar in before bedtime. Due to a couple of deals here I seem to have a plethora of Opus. Although I should have let them rest a bit - I couldn't resist and fired one up... This particular one I must thank Alien... God bless you Tony...
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 930
    I'm smoking the Camacho Carajo from the Black Band Project right now. I haven't had a cigar in about a month and a half, so I couldn't wait. It's pretty damn good, nice chocolatey hints. The only bad thing is I discovered my torch lighter is apparently done for.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    Last night I had a Zino Platinum that was pretty good, but not as good as they have been in the past. Probably won't have anything tonight, but I did pick up a few of the new Tatuaje House Blend from my local shop yesterday that I will be trying out soon. The owner said it was somewhere between the regular Miami Noella and the Reserva Noella. It smells outstanding and a couple of my buddies already tried it and said it was another great smoke from Tatuaje. They are running $200 for a box of 25 which seems a little steep for a house blend, but it is banded with the regular Tatuaje Brown band. I'll let everyone know if it is worth the price.
  • betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    Ah man, I've been looking to get my hands on some Reserva Noella. I had a Davidoff 2000 that my uncle was kind enough to bring by. Davidoff used to be a client of his, so he picked up the habit there. They gave out cigars during the meetings and stuff. Pretty neat.
    betasynn:
    Ah man, I've been looking to get my hands on some Reserva Noella. I had a Davidoff 2000 that my uncle was kind enough to bring by. Davidoff used to be a client of his, so he picked up the habit there. They gave out cigars during the meetings and stuff. Pretty neat.
    I actually picked up one for me and one for my wife yesterday while I was getting the houseblends. She isn't a big smoker, but she has tried the Reserva before and decided she wanted one of her own.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Had a Graycliff 1966 today. Have had it for a long long time. SO long that I can't even find the order I got it on. I would say that I have had it for at least 10 months. It was good but not great. Got some tar buildup. Overall an ok cigar.
    Today was a AB Pryme ...my first....nice rich earthy tobaccoey woodsy taste. Very tasty and hated to put it down ...anyone get a leafy taste with these ? A definite keep a few on hand smoke ...
    Today was a Peppin JJ Series. Very straightforward cigar. Woody, Leathery, throughout. Not a hint of sweetness which is what I was looking for today.. Not a harsh moment in this cigar. Burn was true until the last third or so and I had to correct it and trim it, but I hated to put it down it was so smooth.. I've seen this listed as Full, I do not agree... Medium at most. All said, Very Pleasant cigar.
    I pulled out an A.Fuente Hemingway short story and this guy was a grenade...

Not a flavor grenade, I mean this guy blew the F* up!!!! I smoked it without the wrapper, just the ugly binder... okay flavor, but only for about 20minutes

Maybe tonight while shooting some darts I'll smoke a good cigar... hmmmmm
    gmill880:
    Today was a AB Pryme ...my first....nice rich earthy tobaccoey woodsy taste. Very tasty and hated to put it down ...anyone get a leafy taste with these ? A definite keep a few on hand smoke ...
    Those are definately one of my favorites, actually it is probably my favorite overall. Glad you liked it as well.

Had a 5 Vegas Cask Strength earlier, damn good cigar. I had forgotten how smooth they were, almost buttery.
  • bigbgballzbigbgballz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 283
    Partagas Serie D. No.4. Had that little tasty sucker sitting in the humi for over a year.It was time to smoke it.
    Had a 601 Red this morning. Even though it got kind of bland in the last inch and a half or so, it was a pretty decent smoke. Not one I would buy again though.
    Nothing today... work was wretched ...my boys were hamster dancing and acting like it was there 1st day on the job ...
    Today was a Defiance.. I got this one from a forum member here. This was very interesting to me.. It started out very smooth and mild with flavors of toast and slightly woody. Plenty of smoke and nice even burn.
    I noticed that with every few puffs the strength would increase..And flavors continued to evolve. A little nutty, along with a taste that briefly reminded me of carrots ! Some fruit like flavors would emerge and fade as well. with leather hints.
    The strength was getting close to full next, getting peppery, heavy on the wood flavors too. A very complex and interesting smoke.
    I will smoke this one again with a scorecard ! This is a fine cigar anyone would enjoy if you can find them. A nice ninety minute smoke that I am glad I had a chance to try. Thank you mustluvcigars.
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    I love the defiance, I've sent a few of those out too.

Two cigar day for me. Ashton Heritage Puro Sol Torpedo and a Gurkha Regent. Thanks Brandon for the Heritage and i can't remember who the Gurkha was from, sorry about that but none the less it wasn't too bad for a gurkha.
    Had a Joya de Nicaragua Antano Churchill this afternoon that was kinda dissapointing. It had a tight draw and it kept going out on me. I'm hoping this was just a bad stick and not all their Churchills are like that. Oh well, the Belicoso and Robustos are still awesome, lol. I followed that one up this evening with a RP OWR Corojo 2nd, great cigar as usual.
    Nothing for me today, but yesterday after I had that Hemingway blow up on me I had my 3rd RP Summer Collection '08 from my box... one month did them some good, yet still way too harsh... needs time
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    alienmisprint:
    Had a Joya de Nicaragua Antano Churchill this afternoon that was kinda dissapointing. It had a tight draw and it kept going out on me. I'm hoping this was just a bad stick and not all their Churchills are like that. Oh well, the Belicoso and Robustos are still awesome, lol. I followed that one up this evening with a RP OWR Corojo 2nd, great cigar as usual.
    The churchills just aren't as good Tony...I wouldn't bother with the lancero either if I were you, you'd be disappointed all over again. The belicoso is the way to go, second to that is the toro, and the robusto after that...in my opinion anyway.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    j0z3r:
    alienmisprint:
    The churchills just aren't as good Tony...I wouldn't bother with the lancero either if I were you, you'd be disappointed all over again. The belicoso is the way to go, second to that is the toro, and the robusto after that...in my opinion anyway.
    ive been becoming more of a churchill fan myself as of late. im not sure why.

as long as they are complex its all good. if they are one of those sticks that is the same from beginning to end then i cant but.... i find that for a long cigar that tends to be complex over the length of the stick, i cant complain with a churchil.

maybe i should smoke more "A" sized cigars
    gmill880:
    Nothing today... work was wretched ...my boys were hamster dancing and acting like it was there 1st day on the job ...
    Sounds like you needed a smoke worse than anything! And a BIG drink! I didn't have anything last night either, but I'll damn sure smoke one and drink one for ya tonight.

kuzi16:
    j0z3r:
    alienmisprint:

as long as they are complex its all good. if they are one of those sticks that is the same from beginning to end then i cant but.... i find that for a long cigar that tends to be complex over the length of the stick, i cant complain with a churchil.

I have noticed myself enjoying a few cigars in the churchill size as well. I had my first Onyx in the Churchill size a couple weeks ago and I thought it was a very good smoke. It didn't get boring at all. The La Aroma De Cuba I have resting is a Churchill too. Im looking forward to trying that one and may smoke it this weekend.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    kuzi16:
    j0z3r:
    alienmisprint:

I like a good churchill too, but this particular cigar really loses something special in that vitola.