Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    Last night I got to try something new that a friend of mine gave me. I tried out a Bravo. The first Colombian Puro I've ever seen. This was a pretty good smoke. It had some very interesting flavors and was very different than anything I've had in the past. I'll have to try this one again. Next had a 601 Green and as always it was a great smoke! Razor sharp burn and a good draw. Nice evening of watching it rain and relaxing.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    I find myself smoking more and more Nica Libre's....

But last night during the phenomenal Packer game I was enjoying a Oliva Connecticut Reserve and eating local bar food "Nacho Tots"
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 930
    Lasabar:

But last night during the phenomenal Packer game I was enjoying a Oliva Connecticut Reserve and eating local bar food "Nacho Tots"
    I'm about to light up a Libre myself. What are Nacho Tots? They sound pretty tasty.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    I had a CCOM Blue Label. It was pretty good, better than expected any way. But after I took a bathroom break for a couple minutes it got really acrid and bitter...?
    Matt Marvel:
    Lasabar:

I'm about to light up a Libre myself. What are Nacho Tots? They sound pretty tasty.
    Basically Tater tots coverd in seasoned beef, different cheeses, tomatoes, onions, sour cream and salsa... It eats like a casserole and I could actually feel my stomach stretching!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Lasabar:
    Matt Marvel:
    Lasabar:

Basically Tater tots coverd in seasoned beef, different cheeses, tomatoes, onions, sour cream and salsa... It eats like a casserole and I could actually feel my stomach stretching!
    Man that's brilliant...hello dinner.
    Lasabar:
    Matt Marvel:
    Lasabar:

Wow. That sounds so awesome. These just might become my new game day food.
    I SOOOO wanted to smoke my first ISOM today, but I am waiting to here back on it's authenticity...

I've never smoked a Cuban before and reading about fake's makes me nervous to have my first one be a impostor... We'll see!
  • andrewhandrewh Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 97
    A buddy of mine just came back from honeymooning in Barbados and brought back quite a few cigars, including a few Montecristo Habana's. Great smoke, very smooth, great construction. Great light cigar.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    Matt Marvel:
    Lasabar:

My 2 5 packs of Libre's just came in last night. I think I'll wait a few weeks, though. Man I don't want to, but I have learned my lesson too many times.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    I just had my first Flor De Oliva Maduro tonight. I have been having some humidity troubles (running a little high) so it was tough to keep the wrapper lit but it was such a great cigar! I can't wait to get my new 300 ct. humidor so I can buy a box of these!
  • txpooltxpool Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 30
    Had an Ambos Mundos by tatuaje last nite, good stick at a great price.
  • betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    I had a Cu-Avana Intenso, really love these, and it was so nice to just sit outside and smoke a strong stogie again. Thinking about maybe a Camacho Select for a night cap later.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    Going a bit lighter tonight. Perdomo Slow-Aged Lot 826 Glorioso. Nice sweetness to it. If you like the '91's you' enjoy these as well.
  • martymcg43martymcg43 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 396
    had a padilla achilles. not a big fan. wasnt bad. wasn't great... later on having an alec bradley SCR...
    Montecristo No. 4 ISOM...

Now THIS is my first ISOM and it is starting out with a bang... light, earthy and woody... very creamy and cedary...

I'm only a few puffs in, but Hope it stays as good
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    Oh man, I had a No. 4 3 or 4 years ago, so amazing. Keep us updated. JEALOUS!!! Tonight I had a La Aroma de Cuba. Burned all sorts of weird, so sad. Still had good flavor, but it would have been far better had it burned right. My friend Tony had a 5 Vegas Miami and LOVED it. I tried it throughout his cigar, it was amazing. I love that cigar.
    TatuajeVI:
    Oh man, I had a No. 4 3 or 4 years ago, so amazing. Keep us updated. JEALOUS!!! Tonight I had a La Aroma de Cuba. Burned all sorts of weird, so sad. Still had good flavor, but it would have been far better had it burned right. My friend Tony had a 5 Vegas Miami and LOVED it. I tried it throughout his cigar, it was amazing. I love that cigar.
    The cigar was lovely... They say ISOM's have a distinct flavor and taste and it is pretty darn good. The cigar was from OCT 08 so it's still a little young but I got it down to a couple inches.

It only ashed twice, having the ash stay on for about 2.5"

Fantastic, not the best, but fantastic
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Lasabar:
    TatuajeVI:
    The cigar was lovely... They say ISOM's have a distinct flavor and taste and it is pretty darn good. The cigar was from OCT 08 so it's still a little young but I got it down to a couple inches.

I have a bunch of #2s that I got last year in May and a few that I got this year and a few more coming in the next week.
    rwheelwright:
    Lasabar:
    TatuajeVI:

I have a bunch of #2s that I got last year in May and a few that I got this year and a few more coming in the next week.
    Do you find them stronger bodied being the bigger ring gauge? Or do most of the Monte's have the same flavor profile?
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Camacho Conn from the BlackBand Project ...was pleasantly surprised ...not really sure what I was expecting. Nice pepper flavor on nasal exhale and veerrryyyy smooth ...
  • ilikebigbutts-cigarbuttsilikebigbutts-cigarbutts Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 56
    Having a cusano P1 as we speak. Just about a half inch in and so far so good. Not a bad lil smoke and budget friendly
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Lasabar:
    rwheelwright:
    Lasabar:
    TatuajeVI:

Do you find them stronger bodied being the bigger ring gauge? Or do most of the Monte's have the same flavor profile?
    I've only ever had the #2 Monti.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Had a Padilla 1948 churchill this afternoon, good smoke as always.
  • betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    Enjoyed a Cain Habano, so that I could report back. Pretty good, not a full bodied cigar, actually. I'd throw it on the fuller size of medium.
    Smoking a MOW with my coffee and doing a mock fantasy hockey draft. Not a bad day so far.
    Matt Marvel:
    Smoking a MOW with my coffee and doing a mock fantasy hockey draft. Not a bad day so far.
    I used to think you were a good person, but now I see I was wrong sooo wrong! I'm at work and you're sippin coffee and have a MOW... What a d*ck! haha
    PuroFreak:
    Matt Marvel:
    I used to think you were a good person, but now I see I was wrong sooo wrong! I'm at work and you're sippin coffee and have a MOW... What a d*ck! haha
    Haha! This made me burst out laughing. I had to put my cigar down because of that. Now who's the d*ck?! Haha.
    Matt Marvel:
    PuroFreak:
    Matt Marvel:
    Haha! This made me burst out laughing. I had to put my cigar down because of that. Now who's the d*ck?! Haha.
    Haha, It just comes naturally to me!
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    Oliva Master Blends III robusto. Might be my favorite Oliva yet!