Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    Congrats on the new dog! I love my two morons so much. :)
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    congrats on the puppy Puro , now you have to get her used to cigar smoke first thing !!!
  • martymcg43martymcg43 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 396
    currently having my first 5 vegas classic torpedo with a glass of pinot grigio. pleasant evening. congrats on the dog.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    Macanudo Maduro
  • jeff_connorsjeff_connors Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 483
    Eo 601 Red, not bad,not so good ether
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    I've been burning through some singles lately to thin out the herd. Gurkha Sherpa, an OLD( 5+years) Don Diego, and a Fonseco..Mild Mild Mild... each pleasant in their own way.
  • zadelapzadelap Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8
    I just had myself a nice Grukha Regent, not my fav but its not bad. I took the my greyhound for nice walk and finished up the gurkha on the back deck. The fall is the best time of year.
  • jacketsrulejacketsrule Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 401
    Don Lino Africa. I saw it at the B & M and decided to try it. Spicy start followed by a woody finish. Not bad.
  • nickgonzonickgonzo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 146
    After breakfast I smoked an El Mejor Emerald. I only had these for a week or so and the burn was awesome. Was a nice creamy smoke. Smoked a little hot towards the end but I did not mind setting it down since I got it for so cheap, this is a winner for a good cheap daily or to hand out to moochng buddies.

Right now I'm smoking my first Cab Guapo and so far this is an awesome cigar! Just into the 2nd third and the flavor and strength is building. Peace, Nick
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Yeah, I dig the Emeralds alot. I haven't had one in a while, I need to remedy that. I am almost done with a IT Super Fuerte now, smooth as hell and tasty as ever.
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Going with a Gurkha Master's Select again. Nice smoke at work.
    Nica Libre ...damn I like these things ...
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    I tried my first cigar since Saturday today...been down with a cold, well not really that down because I kicked its ass out in a couple days but the chest congestion is hanging on, got rid of the head part pretty quick though. Anyhoo, first cigar back was a Xikar Defiance toro that tasted off no doubt due to the lingering chest crap. Oh well, always tomorrow.
    j0z3r:
    I tried my first cigar since Saturday today...been down with a cold, well not really that down because I kicked its ass out in a couple days but the chest congestion is hanging on, got rid of the head part pretty quick though. Anyhoo, first cigar back was a Xikar Defiance toro that tasted off no doubt due to the lingering chest crap. Oh well, always tomorrow.

Hope you get rid of that nastiness quick Joe, The Xikar Defiance is a really good cigar too bad you couldn't fully enjoy it ...
  • BTJR99BTJR99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 97
    Had an Acid Def Sea. Did not like it. Found it kind of bitter, draw was loose and had some minor burn issues. Nice aroma, but thats it.
    gmill880:
    j0z3r:

Hope you get rid of that nastiness quick Joe, The Xikar Defiance is a really good cigar too bad you couldn't fully enjoy it ...
    Thanks Gene, I'm hoping this won't stick around much longer, I'll have to charge rent come Friday. Until then, I may start blowing out some dog rockets, heck maybe they'll even taste good. :)
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    I tried out the RP 1961 today. It was good, not great, but good. It had a good burn and draw, was very well made, and I picked up some spice as well as the earthy taste that I associate with most of his smokes. The aroma was wonderful, but the flavor was just kind of lacking. I have another that I'm going to let rest for a few months before I decide if it's something I'll buy.
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    Had a Padilla Edicion Especial '06 last night. It was..umm... not my favorite. Had some mild-moderate burn issues, and I just wasn't digging it. Got kind of a toast and leathery taste from it that were enjoyable at first, but eventually the stick just kept bothering me and I tossed it with two inches to go...
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Crappy day so far, might have a Olivia V maduro 09 tonight, might as well. MMMMM, thinking about it right now.
  • Poker SlobPoker Slob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 996
    A cigar is for enjoying...how can you relax and enjoy your stick when you have burn issues.
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    Poker Slob:
    A cigar is for enjoying...how can you relax and enjoy your stick when you have burn issues.
    I heartily agree buddy. I know a lot of guys will make do with their stick if it has burn issues, but personally I don't deal with it for too long. I won't toss my sticks at the first sign of a problem, but if it's ongoing and starts to irritate me, I'll just toss the stick. The irritation ruins the enjoyment for me, and at that point it's not even worth trying.
  • nickgonzonickgonzo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 146
    Hays:
    Had a Padilla Edicion Especial '06 last night. It was..umm... not my favorite. Had some mild-moderate burn issues, and I just wasn't digging it. Got kind of a toast and leathery taste from it that were enjoyable at first, but eventually the stick just kept bothering me and I tossed it with two inches to go...
    An Achilles? Was this the new or old blend?
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Had a Alec Bradley Medalist tonight, not bad at all. It wasn't the best cigar, but it was satisfying and pretty tasty. Definately worth the price. Right now I am in the middle of a 5 Vegas Gold (the box-pressed one, I forget what its called) and it is as enjoyable as ever. I don't smoke these (or any Conny really) very often, but when I'm in the mood for one, they really hit the spot.
  • badge54fdbadge54fd Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 242

I have 3 choices tonight... 5 Vegas Miami Robusto, Romeo y Julieta Reserva Real Robusto, or La Hernecia Cubana Robusto. I have 3 more hours to decide which one, or maybe more than one.

Tough choice

• TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    badge54fd:

I have 3 choices tonight... 5 Vegas Miami Robusto, Romeo y Julieta Reserva Real Robusto, or La Hernecia Cubana Robusto. I have 3 more hours to decide which one, or maybe more than one.

Tough choice

I haven't had the La Herencia, but I know the first two are quite good!
    badge54fd:

Tough choice

Flip a three sided coin. You seriously cannot go wrong with any of those. If it were me though, I'd go with the Reserva Real simply because it has been some time since I've had one. Whatever you choose, enjoy.
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    I am going to pick something new out tonight. Not sure what it will be. I really should try something other then a Gurkha.
    j0z3r:
    badge54fd:

Tough choice

Flip a three sided coin. You seriously cannot go wrong with any of those. If it were me though, I'd go with the Reserva Real simply because it has been some time since I've had one. Whatever you choose, enjoy.

I had better check to see if CCOM sells the 3 sided coins.. I lost my last one in a poker game.  I think I will start with the Romeo y Julieta. If it does not get too cold overnight, I will probably have the 5 Vegas Miami as well.

jsnake:
    I am going to pick something new out tonight. Not sure what it will be. I really should try something other then a Gurkha.

A few weeks ago I ordered the Gurka Super Premium Sampler that was on as a Weekend Blitz. I have enjoyed a few of them already.

• rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Had a Gurkha Empire III tonight. Was similar to the I but got this funky taste about half way through. It was weird like I was smoking perfume. Then that faded about 2 inches later and it started to get bitter so I tossed with about 2 inches left.