Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• mustluvcigarsmustluvcigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 686
    bbc020:
    Enjoy the heck out of a Tatuaje Miami Reserva J21. Been resting since March and this thing is still a flavor bomb with plenty of strength. Delicious!
    Is it very different from the Regios?
  • Duder2Duder2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 926
    My second stick of the day was a Cu Avana Intenso. Not bad for a budget conscious stick, good burn, good draw, and nice full flavor. Got kinda bitter toward the end, but it might be better with a longer rest period.
  • bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    mustluvcigars:
    bbc020:
    Enjoy the heck out of a Tatuaje Miami Reserva J21. Been resting since March and this thing is still a flavor bomb with plenty of strength. Delicious!
    Is it very different from the Regios?
    It's a bit stronger than the Regio.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    The Reserva J21 is my favorite Tat, what a great cigar.

I was busy as hell at the shop yesterday, so I didn't get to smoke anything. Right now I'm trying to make up for that with a Diesel, and I still have to find time to smoke my mystery sticks from Joe.
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,515
    Man of war right now. It is beautiful! Paired with a nice bottle of water and my new book (man eaters of tsavo which is also impeccable). Y'all have a good one!
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,515
    Now a 5 vegas classic robusto. This little gem never dissapoints.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
    Was out on the golf course at NAS Patuxent River today for one final round of golf for the year before it gets too cold. Shot a personal best of 89. May not sound like much but I've been working hard this year to break 90 and I'm happy it finally happened today.

While I was out there, I enjoyed a couple Oliveros smokes. Started with an El Padrino on the first nine. It had some great nutty flavors that resembled macadamian, coffee, and some others I couldn't quite put my finger on. Pretty uneven burn but I'll credit that to the wind coming off the Chesapeake. This cigar lasted through most of the front nine, so about an hour and a half. Prelight aromas were wonderful.

On the back nine I enjoyed an Oliveros XL Bold. This was extremely good. I'd liken it to the Padilla Habano. Thick flavors of mocha and cream. This cigar burned even all the way through, even in the constant winds from the bay. I'm gonna have a lot more of these in the future!!!
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    Last night was a good night for smokes! I actually had 2 that I had never tried before. I started out with an Epernay which is made by Illusion, and from what I read about it, it was made to be a little more mild and pair well with Champaign. It was a damn good smoke! It was around 6x48 and burned for over an hour and a half. Amazing flavor with a little spice and perfect construction.
    Next was one from a trade with Alien. I usually let smokes rest longer than this after I get them, but couldn't resist that CAO Sopranos staring at me from the humidor anymore. This was another good smoke. Lots of flavor and full bodied. Had a couple small issues with one side having to be touched up but nothing bad enough to hurt the overall experience. Great smoke and a big thanks to Tony!
  • T. GervaisT. Gervais Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 239
    Just had my second Cask Strength II from the daily deal a couple weeks ago and I really enjoyed it. The first one I had was young and not great but this one was very good after about two weeks of rest. It was very spicy and I can see what people mean when they compare it to a steak. I'll be interested to see what they're like with a few more months on them.
  • jeff_connorsjeff_connors Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 483
    Had a Man o war torp, after 3 of these im still undecided as to whether I like them or not,..they have some good points , some bad....do they get better with age>?
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 846
    interested to get your opinion of the Partagas..been considering buying a few of them.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    Which Partagas in particular are you wanting to try? The Black is a great smoke, the regular red label didn't impress me much, but I do have one of the Special Benji Menedez editions sitting in the humidor that I haven't tried yet.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Nothing since Thursday ...SOON !!!
  • jacketsrulejacketsrule Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 401
    Murcielago-new from Eo, and Sosa Piramide
  • j667firej667fire Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14
    Tried a Helix Maduro I grabbed at a local smoke shop. Not very impressed. I'm still a beginner and learning what i tend to like.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    j667fire:
    Tried a Helix Maduro I grabbed at a local smoke shop. Not very impressed. I'm still a beginner and learning what i tend to like.
    Yikes ! Not a lot of love for the Helix around here, but hey, you never know unless you try it. Check the posts for "What are you Smoking" and see what people constantly give high praise, and chances are you will at least like them too. A good example would be 5 Vegas.
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    The always reliable Camacho 1962...love these.
    jeff_connors:
    Had a Man o war torp, after 3 of these im still undecided as to whether I like them or not,..they have some good points , some bad....do they get better with age>?
    From my experience, MOW is one of those cigars that needs quite a bit of rest, but when they're good, they're damn good.
  • nickgonzonickgonzo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 146
    Had a El Mejor Emerald tonight and I really dig these smokes for the price. Peace!
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Maduro. Started strong with good spice. The second third was really mellow with that good maduro flavor. At the begining of the last third, picked up a little peat but then the oleoresins kicked in and finished strong, but not harsh. Excellent.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Had a couple that i picked up from the B&M yesterday. First up was a Perdomo Patriarch Conn. churchill...I normally like what Perdomo does with a Connecticut wrapper, but this blend is a little strong and I felt the balance was off. Not a bad cigar, but not one I'd seek out. Later was the same cigar with a corojo wrapper, now this combo works, the corojo wrapper perfectly compliments the peppery, leathery qualities of the filler/binder. The corojo is one I'll be revisiting in the future.
  • jeff_connorsjeff_connors Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 483
    T. Gervais:
    jeff_connors:
    From my experience, MOW is one of those cigars that needs quite a bit of rest, but when they're good, they're damn good.
    Good too know, I have noticed that hey have an overpowering cirtusy flavor that tends to fade off of sticks when they are well aged...what would you suggest as a rest period?
  • MarkHMarkH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 120
    Having an Oliva O maduro robusto right now. Man I love those. I get a rich caramel finsh.
  • BStayerBStayer Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 318
    I had a 5 Vegas Miami last night. Man, I really love that stick!!
    I am torn between a Nub habano or a Man o war habano for tonight
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 930
    dennisking:
    I am torn between a Nub habano or a Man o war habano for tonight
    I'd go with the Nub. I had a 5 Vegas Cask Strength II earlier. I'm not sure if I'll smoke anything later or not.
    Then Nub it is. I'm looking forward to it
    jeff_connors:
    T. Gervais:
    jeff_connors:
    Good too know, I have noticed that hey have an overpowering cirtusy flavor that tends to fade off of sticks when they are well aged...what would you suggest as a rest period?
    Not a huge amount of time, they should be great after 2 months.
  • Duder2Duder2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 926
    Last night was a good one for me. Started with a Cuba Libre, which I liked a lot. Great burn, great draw, good medium flavor, an all round enjoyable smoke. Then a bit later I went for my second Diesel. Man that is an awesome stick! It was like smoking a piece of heaven in a beautiful maduro wrapper, needless to say that one got nubbed.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Had the BlackBand Project B 'gar today at work . Pretty nice , good leather flavors and really opened up after about an inch , overall very enjoyable.