Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    The other night I had my first Deisel compliments of the man above.... Well the man above me on this thread, Alien! haha Thanks Tony! Damn good smoke with a lot of flavor! Also had an Old Henry that a buddy of mine gave me. Not a bad smoke, pretty mild and the first third was really bland, but then it picked up a little bit and a pleasant buttery taste. Not something I would seak out, but wouldn't turn one down. I work the next 2 nights, but Thursday I will hopefully be able to go up to the B&M and relax with a good smoke or two.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Got in a few today. First up was a mystery stick from Tat that turned out to be a Graycliff 1666, it was tastier than most Graycliffs I've had but still not my cup of tea, thanks all the same Phil. Next up was a 601 Green robusto, awesome smoke with sneaky strength, good stuff. Last was a La Aroma de Cuba EE lancero, my first EE and it was very tasty.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    j0z3r:
    Got in a few today. First up was a mystery stick from Tat that turned out to be a Graycliff 1666, it was tastier than most Graycliffs I've had but still not my cup of tea, thanks all the same Phil. Next up was a 601 Green robusto, awesome smoke with sneaky strength, good stuff. Last was a La Aroma de Cuba EE lancero, my first EE and it was very tasty.
    Damn Joe! Got me drooling over here! The 601 Green and the EE are two of my favorites! I got a couple of the EE for free at the Ashton event I went to a few months ago and let's just say they didn't last long in the humi! lol
  • Duder2Duder2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 926
    I just got done with the Gurkha Shaggy robusto from the sampler. Now that was a really good, really unique smoke! It evolved through many different stages relatively quickly. Started with a blast of spice then mellowed a bit with spice pretty steady throughout. At one point it was a cinnamon like flavor, very cool. Then it got kind of earthy with hints of what I think was espresso and maybe a bit of chocolate. It was pretty complex and very tasty. I'm glad I have more on the way, it is one that I look forward to returning to in time. This one didn't seem to have any of the "Gurkha-ness" that I have come to expect from most of their sticks, it was almost more RP like and had a deceptive power that I didn't expect from a 5x50 robusto. Good stuff!
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Had a Puros Indios Viejo on my way to work and on my way home I have a DPG blue label planned.... MWA HA HA HA HA...
  • martymcg43martymcg43 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 396
    currently having a tabak especial Dulce. as i recall i did not like the cafe con leche. this is just a really mild smoke with a lot of sweetness. perfect with my coffee.
  • MarkHMarkH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 120
    Today a Cusano 18 maduro robusto. Loved every millimeter.
    Jake, I finally found a warm place to smoke at work!

• fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023

0600-- Tatiana Mocha

0900--Gurkha Blue Steel

1215--Don Pepin Garcia Generosa

1630?-5 Vegas "A" series

• Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    I had an Oliva serie G, the small one think it's called a special G. Good smoke but then again a free sample from my local B&M is always a good smoke. Had a few burn issues but that was probably because I just got it yesterday. I don't think it made it into their humidor yet. This is a cigar I would like to try again when it has had time to rest for a week or two next time.
  • camgfscamgfs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 967

Graycliff 1666 taco. Too cold to smoke anything bigger.

• clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
    I went abd played golf in the cold cold whether today and took a couple stoagies to keep me warm. Started with a Perdomo Lot 23. This cigar didn't last through the first hole. I know I triple bogied, but it didn't take me that long. I don't know why this thing smoked so fast???? Second was a Grand Habano Siglo 3. Can't remember who sent me this one. Might have been the squirrelly one. At first I hated it but I'm glad a continued smoking it cause it shaped up after the first 3rd. I ended up nubbing this one. Maybe I just need to get some and cut the first third off all of them.
  • Cooper33Cooper33 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 168
    Alec Bradley Maxx - really enjoyed the first 2/3.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    Cohiba Maduro 5, first time smoking one of these...absolutely fabulous!
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 846
    What course did you play? Had to be freezin.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Nothin' since Sunday ...new job has been a blast but very very hectic ...no time to smoke...next day off Thursday , so if not tommorow then Thurs for sure !!!
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Yeah, nothing for me either. Truck is still in the shop. Haven't had anything since Friday. :-(
    Started with a Rocky Patel Signature mini-salamon, now some of you know I'm not a huge fan of RP, but I've gotta say this cigar was damn tasty...thick, creamy smoke, an underlying cedar-nuttiness and smooth as can be. I don't know if the vitola had anything to do with it, but I will definitely add this to my list. Later was a less than impressive Omar Ortez Original habano toro, nothing particularly bad about this cigar, it just doesn't have much character, the maduro is much better.
  • jacketsrulejacketsrule Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 401
    I finally burned the CAO American. I heard they were highly overrated, and I have to agree. The draw was so tight it was barely smokeable. I clipped the end three times trying to improve the draw to no avail. The cigar tasted fine, and would be enjoyable with a good draw. I will try another and see if they are consistant.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Wow ! I had a 5 Vegas Limitado 09 today, this thing was great. The best of all Limitada I have tried. With an oily Corojo wrapper, taste of wood, leather, coffee bean, and kind of earthy ( in a good way ) with a sweet and peppery finish. There is a lot going on here, and it's all good. This was a lot fuller than I expected, and when I finished I was a little light headed. The burn was a little uneven at times, but corrected itself. Would recommend highly, but be aware They are Full Strength.
    Had a Perdomo Habano Connecticut with 3 months on it. This has to be one of the most interesting connecticut wraps out there.
  • tedescotedesco Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 22
    i started the day with a 5 vegas Miami. I think its my new favorite 5 vegas. lots of spice and very solid construction. Im enjoying the hell out of this cigar
    Got some good ones in today. First up was a Rocky Signature toro that has been in the humi for almost 2 years (boy how the time flies) from my very first ccom order, and it was really smooth and quite tasty, a good early day cigar. Next up to bat was a Don Pepin Serie JJ belicoso that came to by way of TatuajeVI, another good one though admittedly not my favorite from Pepin, it is a good cigar though, I just think he has some better ones. Last up, and certainly the best by a far, far stretch, was a La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero lancero cameroon, the regular DL lancero is outstanding and this one is equally so but with different qualities due to the cameroon wrapper, words fail me on how to describe it, but as with the ECSU wrapped version, I would not hesitate to buy a box, space permitting. Kas and Geno, this is one for you guys, I know you both dig the Cam. Cabinet and this cigar is similar in all the right ways.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    j0z3r:
    Got some good ones in today. First up was a Rocky Signature toro that has been in the humi for almost 2 years (boy how the time flies) from my very first ccom order, and it was really smooth and quite tasty, a good early day cigar. Next up to bat was a Don Pepin Serie JJ belicoso that came to by way of TatuajeVI, another good one though admittedly not my favorite from Pepin, it is a good cigar though, I just think he has some better ones. Last up, and certainly the best by a far, far stretch, was a La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero lancero cameroon, the regular DL lancero is outstanding and this one is equally so but with different qualities due to the cameroon wrapper, words fail me on how to describe it, but as with the ECSU wrapped version, I would not hesitate to buy a box, space permitting. Kas and Geno, this is one for you guys, I know you both dig the Cam. Cabinet and this cigar is similar in all the right ways.

I'm on it brother , thanks for the heads up ...
  • camgfscamgfs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 967

After a snowstorm and a rock that disabled my snowblower, I had a JR Ultimate Maduro toro. Always a nice smoke with lots of flavour, some spice and warms you up on a stormy day.

• Hawk55Hawk55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 846
    Last nite I had a 5 Vegas Limitada 2009, very tasty,complex with lots of aromatic smoke and a variety of flavors> The appearance of the stick was very oilyy felt tightly rolled> Pre light draw a bit tight and I encountered more restriction toward the center, not willing to give up and snuf it I rolled it a bit between my fingers trying to loosen it up, after a bit it gave a nicer draw and the flavors were still there. Lots of work but ended up being a good cigar.
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 930
    I've paired my morning coffee with a Camacho Triple Maduro. Sadly, this one isn't as good as the one I had the other night. Although, it's starting to get a little better. Since my lighter broke, I've been having to use a plastic cigarette lighter, and it's really hard to get a good light. I really feel like it's taking something away from my cigar experience. It's not that big of a deal though. It's still a good smoke. It's a good compliment to all of the baseball news I'm reading up on right now, so my day off has definitely started off on a good note.
    Matt Marvel:
    ...Since my lighter broke, I've been having to use a plastic cigarette lighter, and it's really hard to get a good light...

Dude I mistakenly threw my lighter out the window yesterday morning. So I feel your pain.
    Had a Verdadero Organic Torp, had a great ash even burn, and wonderful aroma, but not to much happening in the flavor department.
  • RobRutkowskiRobRutkowski Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 67
    I caved into peer pressure and I'm now smoking a La Aurora Cameroon in my garage. It's 15 degrees in here.  My nose is cold.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    It's been a long time since I smoked anything considered mild, but today was a CAO Gold. This had flavors of toast, and wood, a hint of coffee too. Very consistent, the burn was perfect, I would recommend to smokers who are new to the hobby, While I enjoyed the cigar very much it left me wanting a bit more.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Had two tonight. Started with the I-Press. This thing is too strong for me. I guess I'll know better next time. Actually there probably won't be a next time. I had to keep touching up the burn and relighting it. I had this thing in my smoking humidor which is around 64% for almost a month and before that it was in a humidor that was around 67% so I don't know what the problem was. It did brun right for about 10 minutes and then it turn a turn for the worst again. Then I moved to a La Aroma De Cuba that I believe I got from Joe, Thanks JOE!. This was a little strong too but not bad. This one also had some burn issues but nowehere near as bad at the I-Press. I didn't eat so I wasn't in the mood for stronger cigars. My own fault. I'm thinking tonight is gonna be an Anejo Reserva No. 48 or 49. I forget which size it is. I have two and they are taking up too much room. I may also have a Oliva from the cotm 6 months ago.