Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• martymcg43martymcg43 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 396
    work till 6. then a montecristo media noche.
  • undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    I don't know why I don't post that often, I'm going to try and use this thread a little more. Last night I had an Olvia Serie O Rubuso. I decided to make it a two for Tuesday night and had a Romeo y Julueta Habana Reserve Belicoso. Was not disappointed at all.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Trying out a Gurkha Monogram, has anyone had one of these sticks and what did you think? Looking forward to a Barrage of goodies from Santa......... but i will more than likey Humi them up and let them rest and smoke the good ole Folsom Prison Sticks except Special Occasions ETC.
    Brother, never had the Monogram. Never heard of it either. Was it good?
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    0530-- Don Pepin Garcia Blue Generosa
    0930-- Cu avana Intenso Robusto
    1215-- Padilla Habano Torppedo
    1600-- Padilla Series 68 Robusto

Another banner day for cigars. The DPG was the best of the lot but that is not surprising. The rest were all good smokes.
  • olerob_50+olerob_50+ Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 52
    I am just like you,don't know why I don't post more. I need to participate more also. 5 VEGAS MIAMI with a we bit of CROWN.
    I am just like you,don't know why I don't post more. I need to participate more also. 5 VEGAS MIAMI with a wee bit of CROWN.
    Sorry about the double post. Maybe too much CROWN.LOL
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    olerob_50+:
    I am just like you,don't know why I don't post more. I need to participate more also. 5 VEGAS MIAMI with a wee bit of CROWN.
    Hell yea, we always need another Texan on here! What part of the pan handle you from? I grew up in Lubbock.
    North of Amarillo about 90 miles. But by the grace of GOD born inTexas. HORNS!!
  • jacketsrulejacketsrule Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 401
    Esteban Carrera 10 Anos- A very good medium bodied, but full flavored smoke.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    rwheelwright:
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Trying out a Gurkha Monogram, has anyone had one of these sticks and what did you think? Looking forward to a Barrage of goodies from Santa......... but i will more than likey Humi them up and let them rest and smoke the good ole Folsom Prison Sticks except Special Occasions ETC.
    Brother, never had the Monogram. Never heard of it either. Was it good?
    Never had it but heard of it. Let us know what you thought of it. It is suppose to be a "budget" cigar from them...
    PuroFreak:
    olerob_50+:
    Hell yea, we always need another Texan on here! What part of the pan handle you from? I grew up in Lubbock.
    :::cough:::::
    but texan aside, welcome!
    Just got home from another night at the B&M and had two. Started with an Opus Lost City Torpedo. It was similar to the the regular opus but different. Hard to explain. The burn was not that great but the draw was really good. Next, I had a La Aurora 100 Anos Churchill. What can I say about this cigar. It's so different from any other cigar that I smoke. Burn was good till the last 3 inches.
  • Cooper33Cooper33 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 168
    Had my favorite, Man O'War.
    rwheelwright:
    Just got home from another night at the B&M and had two. Started with an Opus Lost City Torpedo. It was similar to the the regular opus but different. Hard to explain. The burn was not that great but the draw was really good. Next, I had a La Aurora 100 Anos Churchill. What can I say about this cigar. It's so different from any other cigar that I smoke. Burn was good till the last 3 inches.
    that's it? no love for the LC opus....
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Got in a few today. First up was a Perdomo Lot 23 robusto, I've been really digging this cigar, nice medium body, earthy with a bit of pepper, lovin it for an early day cigar, doesn't quite have the body to make it as a night cigar. Up next was a Gurkha Blue Steel toro, I'm not a huge fan of Gurkha, but this is one I like. A bit later I fired up a Patel Bros. belicoso, the draw was tight and the flavors don't come through as well as with the robusto, a good smoke though. To finish up the day I had a MoW Ruination robusto #1, they've been camping out in the humidor for about 5 months now and they keep getting better, the flavors meld more and the balance improves, me likey.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Man, since I have been on vacation this week and the weather has been somewhat decent, I have really gotten some good smokes in. Tuesday I had a RP Olde World Reserve and a RP Vintage 90. And last night I wanted something milder, so I went with a RP Vintage 1999. That cigar was great, it had over a year of age on it and had some great cedar notes to it. It also had a razor sharp burn.
    phobicsquirrel:
    rwheelwright:
    I'm not a huge fan of the Opus right out of the box. For some reason they kick my ass like no other cigar. So, I think that these need some aging as well. I got this single in on Tuesday and smoked it wednesday so it didn't have time to settle. It had maybe 24 hours in the humi. That's why I bought a box of 10. They will be a special occassion cigar. If they weren't $300 for 10 I would have gotten a couple of boxes.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    At 10 am I had an RP Edge. Nice!
    rwheelwright:
    phobicsquirrel:
    rwheelwright:
    I'm not a huge fan of the Opus right out of the box. For some reason they kick my ass like no other cigar. So, I think that these need some aging as well. I got this single in on Tuesday and smoked it wednesday so it didn't have time to settle. It had maybe 24 hours in the humi. That's why I bought a box of 10. They will be a special occassion cigar. If they weren't $300 for 10 I would have gotten a couple of boxes.
    yeah I was thinking the same thing... I wish I could have got the humi!
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    Well after talking to some others have decided to let it rest, and grab another one at the local B&M and smoke it this weekend. Ill let you knoww but my guy at the B&M says that guys keep coming back for more of them so that must say something. I wander why knowones seen these or heard of them or if they are an older one thats just been sitting around the B&M. Merry Christmas.!!
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    Well, I was planning on having a smoke tonight after the family goes to bed, but after a nice bright sunny 75 degree day yesterday, we got hit with a wintery blast today and it is 28 with a freakin blizzard!!! It is snowing like crazy here... Gotta love the Texas weather...
    Texas weather is not for the faint hearted. Our hi up here was 15 with a 35 mph sustained wind.LOL Just a trace of snow. Just lit a CAO ITALIA,I'm not gonna hate on this stick but don't see alot of these in the future.
  • camgfscamgfs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 967
    Froze my butt off, but I really enjoyed my Graycliff 1666 this afternoon0. If the wind hadn't picked up so much. I planned on a JR Ultimate, with nearly 3 years of aging....but I don't think my down filled coat would keep me warm in this weather :(

I think I'll change my mind umm the Italia WAS really bad for me laid it down about half way.Hmm bad stick or not my flavor profile.I don't like a tight draw & I am still trying to figure out that flavor but I didn"t like it.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Started my day off once again with a Perdomo Lot 23 robusto, can't get enough of these babies. Later was a Padilla 1948 churchill, been a while but I still dig these. Last up was a DGP Blue toro, always a tasty smoke.
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    started the night with a Felipe Gregorio Icon I got off the daily deal and finished with a 5Vegas Classic. This was my first of both and both are pretty decent smokes. The Icon was smooth and mellow, the 5Vegas was mild/medium and I enjoyed it quite a bit.
  • mustluvcigarsmustluvcigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 686
    I just lit the first of quite a few intended today. Decided to go with a theme. Best of Trades and Games from BOTL here. This GOF by Don Carlos is one the ones from my very first trade here and that was brokered by a fearful rodent. Tell you what...here aint skeered of TopNotch trading. Thanks and Merry Christmas Pheebs and to all who read this post
  • docedwardsdocedwards Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 319
    just had a rocky connecticut
  • mustluvcigarsmustluvcigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 686
    The next one wasnt too hard to pick out, Bolivar from Rob1110 in a Movie Trivia Pack, another BOTL just recently sent another one,hmmm, two good bros say try this one, reckon it is time to oblidge them. Thank you Rob, Im loving the rich flavors of this stick. Hope everyone is enjoying a nice Christmas Day!!!!!!!!!!!!