Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• jacketsrulejacketsrule Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 401
    I had an El Titan de Bronze Gran Reserve maduro for lunch, and a Carlos Torano Exodus 1959 on the ride home.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    I had my first experience with a DPG cigar today, the Cuban Classic, and it was really good. If all his blends are that good, I'm gonna have to have a few more.
  • dsaylesdsayles Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 123
    cholmes8310:
    I had my first experience with a DPG cigar today, the Cuban Classic, and it was really good. If all his blends are that good, I'm gonna have to have a few more.
    i just got a Cuban Classic in today but have yet tp try one. Maybe next week.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Had another Padilla Cazadores today... this one tasted much better than the last.
    Towards the end it had this nice floral coca flavor. Have to try it again to see if it's a keeper.

• sdipsdip Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406
    Today was a Camacho 1962 and a La Herencia Cubana
  • zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    Had a ACID Kuba Kuba at my B&M. Never tried it so wanted to and I did not enjoy it. It was not bad, but not good either. Had some burn issues final 2 inches and started to unravel and crack as well. Will not be having another one anytime soon. WOW, my 1st post in this thread!
  • coachjamiecoachjamie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 337
    I just got through having my first ccom house blend cigar. I was unable to try one last night but could not wait any longer and tried one tonight. I had the Purple Label. Now I am new to cigars, but have had a Cusano 18, NUB Connecticut, a Fonseco, a Romeo Y Julieta, and a CAO Gold. To this point the NUB has been the best I have had as far as the Mild cigars go. But the Purple label was just freaking awesome!! Not sure I would go as far as saying it was better than the NUB Connecticut but, factoring in price, not sure I will buy a NUB Connecticut again and definitely not the others. I will be purchasing some more Purple Labels soon.

I cannot wait to try the other out of my sampler pack to see how they are. for $2.50 a stick, not sure I can talk myself into buying any other Mikd stick other than the Purple label. It had a perfect draw to it, burned very even, and the taste was very consistent throughout. I am absolutely shocked how good it was!
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    started with a Folsom prison courtesy of ozzie and finishing with an RP 1961. to drink with it I chose a capri sun. sorry kids i stole one.
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,507
    had a ccom corojo label and a 5 vegas classic torp. The ccom didnt really pick up in flavor until the last third, but it was still pretty good. The 5 vegas classic was pretty good, consistent the whole way, not too heavy either, I enjoyed it!
    dennisking:
    started with a Folsom prison courtesy of ozzie and finishing with an RP 1961. to drink with it I chose a capri sun. sorry kids i stole one.

lol nice dennis, capri sun with a cigar... ill have to try that
    illinoisgolf99:
    dennisking:
    when a guy runs out of beer, he must resort to something else. don't be a hater.... Surprise [:O]
    dennisking:
    illinoisgolf99:
    dennisking:

when a guy runs out of beer, he must resort to something else. don't be a hater.... Surprise [:O]

oh not hating at all dennis! it happens, a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do, I'll be trying the capri sun/cigar combo in the near future.
  • bushwoodbushwood Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 31
    Had another great communion with a 262 Revolution. Man, these have become my favorite smoke. Hopefully I can still get another box at Smoketherevolution.com before they close down the online sales. My Manroom is drenched in the smokey goodness of these bad boys. I've taken to habitually going out there every night and sharing the aroma with Inky, my black lab, and a dram of Wild Turkey. Yummy!
    illinoisgolf99:
    dennisking:
    illinoisgolf99:
    dennisking:
    oh not hating at all dennis! it happens, a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do, I'll be trying the capri sun/cigar combo in the near future.
    hahahahahaha OH, I know there's no hatin goin on. but yeah Capri Sun, you know you want it.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    First up today was a Kristoff Sumatra torpedo. Next up was one I got today, the La Flor Dominicana Air Bender Maestro, pretty good cigar. A bit later was my daily Padilla Habano churchill. And the cigar that stole the show was an Avo Tesoro Limited 2008, a very subtle cigar, mild-medium bodied cigar overall that exhibited many subtle nuances throughout while remaining cool and burning even, definitely worth the $12 price tag.
    dennisking:
    illinoisgolf99:
    dennisking:
    illinoisgolf99:
    dennisking:

hahahahahaha OH, I know there's no hatin goin on. but yeah Capri Sun, you know you want it.

oooooh I do... its just a matter of going to the store now.. augh I can TASTE it!!
  • mustluvcigarsmustluvcigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 686
    j0z3r:
    definitely worth the $12 price tag.
    Soo, thats like $2 outstide of California, right?
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    mustluvcigars:
    j0z3r:
    definitely worth the $12 price tag.
    Soo, thats like $2 outstide of California, right?
    haha, no in CA it would have been more like $16-$18 I'm sure. Bought it on the internet super highway at a roadside stand. But yeah, our prices kinda suck, no doubt about that.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    Had a LFD Ligero natural oscuro tonight. Review is up in the review section. Awesome smoke. Early today I had a Nica Libre, which was a great cheap cigar, as always.
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    Sat down with a Gonzo Imperial Porter and smoked a Perdomo Reserve Oscuro, malt heaven!
  • NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 728
    Had a ccom Cameroon label last night. First house blend ive had. Was really interesting. Liked the 1st third, the middle was OK... and i figured if it stayed like that... i wasnt going to get any more. The last third though was fantastic. (as always, sorry i blow at naming flavors and such, i just know what i like and what i dont). I think I got a little too excited on the last third however, and fell into an asthma attack (cigars are a GREAT hobby for people with asthma, lol). I was unable to finish the stick... but will be snagging more of these.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    Just had a 5 Vegas Limitada 2008...really like this stick...
  • undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    Had a Gurkha's Sherpa yesterday while doing some yard work. I haven't had one in over a year so it was like smoking one for the first time. This is my new yard cigar.
    had an ACID Kuba Kuba from the ACID 3 for 5 deal here at CCOM, flavors were good but the construction was awful. As soon as I punched the cap the wrapper split and unravelled... oh well
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    3 A. Fernandez Maddys, and a LFD Air Bender thus far.
  • minibeezyminibeezy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 257
    Man, two people on this page with the Air Bender. I want to try one just because of the name. LOL.

What you guys think of it?
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    I think the question for this weekend will be: What will I NOT be smoking?
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    lilwing88:
    I think the question for this weekend will be: What will I NOT be smoking?
    Crack, crystal meth, PCP? Maybe?
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    Here is Today's rundown:
    0600- DPG Invictos
    0800- C.A. Beck Robusto
    1230- IT SF Maduro Toro
    1700- JL Salazar Hermanos
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    First cigar in quite a while was last night, a Liga Privada No. 9. It was GREAT as always. Today I had a T52 robusto at a bar-b-q with some friends. I might fire up a toro a little later if I am not to sloshed. Tonight promises to be a good one