Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Had myself an OpusX #5 that I picked up yesterday. It was a bit stronger than I was hoping for but I'll let the rest age. I then went to a Monti Tubo. Obviously this was much more mild but I could actually taste it! I only smoked a few inches before I got home. The Opus needed to be relit a bunch of times. The monti did not!
  • doromathdoromath Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 576
    SCCC Robusto last night. Didn't get to finish it due to extenuating circumstances, but it was VERY enjoyable. I've got a few of the SC maduro's on the way I'm now looking even more forward to smoking.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    rwheelwright:
    Had myself an OpusX #5 that I picked up yesterday. It was a bit stronger than I was hoping for but I'll let the rest age. I then went to a Monti Tubo. Obviously this was much more mild but I could actually taste it! I only smoked a few inches before I got home. The Opus needed to be relit a bunch of times. The monti did not!
    seriously, OpusX need at least a year on them before they get good IMHO.

others will tell you otherwise but all the problems you encountered tend to get better with age.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Had a Padilla Cazadores toro... Much better with age, but need to be dry boxed for the most non combustible wrapper I have ever seen.
    The flavors are great it just doesn't want to burn. I'll have to get a few more to do extended aging tests.

• rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    kuzi16:
    rwheelwright:

others will tell you otherwise but all the problems you encountered tend to get better with age.
    I totally agree. I just wanted to try one now and see what it was like for comparison reasons.
  • vegassparkyvegassparky Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 365
    stephen_hannibal:
    vegassparky:
    Just enjoyed the shorty. got to say that thing is spice all the way thru.

Is it like a smooth spice or a harsh unfermented type spice?

its got aliitle bit. but i like that . to me its pretty smooth.
  • rossdavey2rossdavey2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 979
    I don't know. Need to smoke a stick for WBFiller to review, but other than that I got to decide between D Shorty, Hab Nub, MoW, or a Gurkha Beauty. Hummmm
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    rwheelwright:
    kuzi16:
    rwheelwright:

I totally agree. I just wanted to try one now and see what it was like for comparison reasons.
    It's strange. I don't know if it is the year or the size or shape but I have had several fresh xxx's that were great and a few other opus's fresh and they were a bit green. Now I was told they xxx's were the year of which I purchased them so they were fresh as far as I know. I've had a few of them that has 2 years on them from my humi and they do have a more balanced taste.
  • jacketsrulejacketsrule Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 401
    Perdomo lot 23 and Perdomo Habano Corojo today.
  • gaberoxgaberox Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 824
    Had a Man o War x2 corona monster this morning 2.5 hrs of luxary lol. Nubbed it, Having a Cuban Classic belicoso now. Solid but not my fav DPG blend.
  • coronaex30coronaex30 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 35
    hey jackets did you like those perdomos you had? i'm gonna go burn a habano maduro myself right now!
  • lloyddevlloyddev Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2
    I have a Cinarrba by El Artista. It is a Churchill, very economical and robust. I had it in the humidor for about a week.
    lloyddev:
    I have a Cinarrba by El Artista. It is a Churchill, very economical and robust. I had it in the humidor for about a week.
    Hey sup new guy...

• HaybletHayblet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,400
    Gurkha Beast through 4 games of Magic then a Shaggy after I finally won some :D
  • Poker SlobPoker Slob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 996
    First I had a Graycliff Original (red label). Next was a 262 box pressed toro. Delicious and full of flavor as always!
  • docedwardsdocedwards Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 319
    RP Vintage '90
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    Started the day with a Cain, then a Monte No. 2 and just finished up a RP Decade...
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    Diamondog:
    Started the day with a Cain, then a Monte No. 2 and just finished up a RP Decade...
    was that monte ISOM?
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,048
    Gurkha Warriar Legacy 1995 and a Fuente Delirium -small one
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Started with a Padilla Cazadored toro OTT, good smoke for $2.50. Later was a La Flor Dominicana Ligero torpedo, awesome smoke. Finished with a Carlos Toraño Exodus 50 Years churchill, great smoke.
  • ljlljl Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 819
    601 green label. Forgot how good this is. WOW!!!
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    Had a Padron 1926 Anniversary No. 2 Maduro last night. My birthday is this Sunday, but I'll be working. So, I celebrated a little early. Great B-Day smoke. I think I'll have to make it a tradition.
  • ThinBluLine06ThinBluLine06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 283
    Had a Padilla Series 68 toro last night
    Puros Indios Viejo... this cigar is a champion in it class. Always wonderful.

• sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    stephen_hannibal:

Whenever I see Puros Indios cigars, I think of you. No joke. You need to get a tattoo of their logo or something.
    sightunseen:
    stephen_hannibal:

Whenever I see Puros Indios cigars, I think of you. No joke. You need to get a tattoo of their logo or something.
    HAHAHA that's too funny.

• ThinBluLine06ThinBluLine06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 283
    stephen_hannibal:
    sightunseen:
    stephen_hannibal:

HAHAHA that's too funny.

Haha Same here...I always think back to the taste like goat ass thread and remember how you were one of the only ones who raved about puros indios....
  • JumperJumper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 135
    Montecristo Fancytales
    Had a Sol Cubano Cuban Cab this afternoon...
    cholmes8310:
    Diamondog:
    was that monte ISOM?
    Yes it was!