Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    I think if we had more info about the tobacco used, it may help explain the cost. The box price... you are definitely paying for packaging, as it comes essentially in a humidor.

Smoking a NUB Cameroon 358
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    Alec Bradley SCR. I little disappointed, it's kinda boring.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    Diamondog:
    Had an RPD tonight...
    I know they don't sit long in ur humi but how long did you have it? One of my favs
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,539
    I thought I would go straight out full tonight; I started with a Diesel Unholy Cocktail and followed it with a MOW Original. They have both been resting in the humidor for about 10+ months. They were fantastic, but my stomach sure does feel them.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Had a Gurkha Symphony on the ride in today.
    Amazing smoke... Very smooth and buttery.

• DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    Cain F this morning...
    Sandman1am:
    Diamondog:
    Had an RPD tonight...
    I know they don't sit long in ur humi but how long did you have it? One of my favs
    Only been in the humi for a few weeks....definately need a good month or 2 on them before they start to shine...
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    Diamondog:
    Sandman1am:
    Diamondog:
    Had an RPD tonight...
    Only been in the humi for a few weeks....definately need a good month or 2 on them before they start to shine...
    Agreed
  • xIcedGuardianxxIcedGuardianx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 873
    had a new brand called Swag last night at the B&M..they run about 7 bucks and I thought it was pretty good. Needs a bit of rest to get over some harshness, but the flavor was pretty good.
    Had a Diesel Unlimited this afternoon...
    Opus X Petite Lancero
  • ellinasellinas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 329
    oliva v maduro, gasp 1 cigar left and thats La Gloria Cubana........
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 938
    Tatuaje Verocu..may have to get a box from the local B&M after smoking this unbanded stogie :)
    Nick2021:
    Tatuaje Verocu..may have to get a box from the local B&M after smoking this unbanded stogie :)
    The Number 5? The 4x40? They are awesome! The PCR (the other new minuto) is even better IMO, but they are both AWESOME.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    Had a head cold all weekend so I didn't get to smoke anything until today... So I broke the streak with a Padilla Miami robusto. Good smoke, but I think it will be much better if my sinuses are at 100%. I'd say I was only around 75-80% so it was still enjoyable.
  • GHausGHaus Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 74
    Just finished one of my favorite house blends, Cuban label. Its cold here NE though, wasn't the most enjoyable smoke I've had. I can't wait to move into the new place and christen my man cave/garage.
    Had a Diesel unlimited this morning...running low need to get more!
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    Out in my garage enjoying a Monticristo Media Noche. Draw's a bit tight but everything else is spot on.
    On the ride home I had a G.A.R. very vanilla and sweet tea tasting.
    Also is it possible for a wrapper to be too oily? Had burn issues.

• ellinasellinas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 329
    stephen_hannibal:
    On the ride home I had a G.A.R. very vanilla and sweet tea tasting.
    Also is it possible for a wrapper to be too oily? Had burn issues.

doesn't seem impossible so i guess yes it could be too oily....
    Had an LFD DL700 tonight...
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    Finally got around to having that Graycliff Crystal in the pirate size. Good smoke. Kind of a dry spicy flavor and a complex aroma very typical of the Graycliff blending style. I suppose some would call this stick "cubanesque". If it were in a more realistic price range I would consider buying them on a regular basis, but as is they kind of priced themselves out of the market, well my market at least.

After that I had some time so I tried out another stick I haven't had yet, the LFD DL Chisel Maduro. It was ok. The maduro seems to have muted some of the power and muttled some of the flavor. It didn't wow me the way the sumatra did. Good smoke, but I will stick with the sumatra.
  • bigjohn125bigjohn125 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 476
    I had a ITC 10 ani. Pretty good. I really seem to like sumatra and camaroon wrapped cigars the best. RP seems to use a lot of sumatra. maybe thats why i like a lot of his stuff.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Russ55:
    Finally got around to having that Graycliff Crystal in the pirate size. Good smoke. Kind of a dry spicy flavor and a complex aroma very typical of the Graycliff blending style. I suppose some would call this stick "cubanesque". If it were in a more realistic price range I would consider buying them on a regular basis, but as is they kind of priced themselves out of the market, well my market at least.

After that I had some time so I tried out another stick I haven't had yet, the LFD DL Chisel Maduro. It was ok. The maduro seems to have muted some of the power and muttled some of the flavor. It didn't wow me the way the sumatra did. Good smoke, but I will stick with the sumatra.
    Agreed on both points Russ. At msrp the Crystal just isn't worth the money, in the $5-$6 range though, I think it's an excellent buy. I vastly prefer the LFD Ligero and Double Ligero in their sumatra form, the maduro is good, but the sumatra is more than good...on that note, I think you would enjoy the Ligero Oscuro, it preserves much of what the sumatra offers but also brings some qualities of the maduro to the table, that's my personal favorite of both the Ligero and Double Ligero lines.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    j0z3r:
    Russ55:

Agreed on both points Russ. At msrp the Crystal just isn't worth the money, in the $5-$6 range though, I think it's an excellent buy. I vastly prefer the LFD Ligero and Double Ligero in their sumatra form, the maduro is good, but the sumatra is more than good...on that note, I think you would enjoy the Ligero Oscuro, it preserves much of what the sumatra offers but also brings some qualities of the maduro to the table, that's my personal favorite of both the Ligero and Double Ligero lines.
    +1 on the DL Oscuro! Fantastic smoke!
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,539
    I finally decided to try the Gurkha Empire Series. I smoked the first 3 and they were rather uninspiring, I guess I was expecting more.
    In fairness though the last 2 sticks I smoked before these were MOW Original and Diesel Unholy Cocktail, so they obviously the Gurkhas just could not compete.
    Who knows maybe my palate has become more refined or I am starting to sour on Gurkha.
    Started the day off with an H. Upmann Mag 50
  • sol1821sol1821 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 706
    will be having a monti on the walk home tonight.
    Had a Perdomo ESV 91 the only good one I've ever had.
    And naturally it's the last one I have as well.

• Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    PuroFreak:
    j0z3r:
    Russ55:

+1 on the DL Oscuro! Fantastic smoke!
    Awesome, I didn't even know there was an Oscuro. I'll definitely check it out. The Diez, the Cameroon Cabinet, and now that one are all on my LFD hit list. That was about the price range where I put the Crystal too. It just doesn't deliver an $18-20 experience.