Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Nick2021Nick2021 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 938
    MOW Armada...very smooth, was given to me by a very kind BOTL during X-Mas :) Going to pick some more of these up on payday and stash away!
  • absolutjerabsolutjer Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 120
    pardon 2000 for lunch and a cohiba corona after dinner
  • Ironworker63Ironworker63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 185
    Man O’ War after lunch and La Gloria Cubana Serie N as a nightcap...Both were excellent!!!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    First up today was a 5 Vegas CSII Firkin, a chunky 6x60 that was putting out tons of smoke and gobs of rich, chewy flavors, very nice smoke and I'm coming around to 60 rings a bit more when they put off as much flavor as this one did. Later on was a Gurkha Blue Steel torpedo, one of my favorite blends from Gurkha (not saying much, I know) and it was just as good in the new torpedo vitola as any of the toros I've had in the past. Finally ended the night with a Tatuaje Black torpedo, I decided to try something different with this one...in the past I've kept them in the tubes right up until I pulled one out to smoke it, this time I pulled it out of the tube and let it sit in the humidor for several days to balance out, I was rewarded with a near perfect burn and probably the best tasting Black I've had yet, I attribute the former to letting it sit open and the latter to the former, it's amazing how a good burning cigar can affect the flavor in as far as not having to relight every 1.5 inches makes the experience much more enjoyable.
  • drpepperdudedrpepperdude Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 298
    j0z3r:
    Later on was a Gurkha Blue Steel torpedo, one of my favorite blends from Gurkha (not saying much, I know) and it was just as good in the new torpedo vitola as any of the toros I've had in the past.

What's the strength and flavor profile like? I see this Gurkha being plugged a lot..

As for me, I started out the evening with the always enjoyable Rocky Patel Vintage 1999 Conn and now I'm enjoying a post-dinner La Perla Habana Black Pearl Original. (makes my Pepsi Max come curiously alive with flavor).

drpepperdude:
    j0z3r:
    Later on was a Gurkha Blue Steel torpedo, one of my favorite blends from Gurkha (not saying much, I know) and it was just as good in the new torpedo vitola as any of the toros I've had in the past.

What's the strength and flavor profile like? I see this Gurkha being plugged a lot.

I've only had this one torpedo so far, but it was perfectly constructed and burned flawlessly. Strength I'd put at medium+, flavor profile...well, I didn't take notes, but it was very maduro-esque, rich, chewy flavors that tended towards espresso and dark chocolate, a touch of pepper but nowhere near spicy. The Blue Steel has always been a good buy for the price it usually hovers around, right now they can be had for $3-$3.50 a piece and for that price they're a good buy...I picked up a bundle myself for $40 on auction, so the price is definitely right on them.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    Had a RP Decade this morning...
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Had a Monte White label toro. First two thirds were tasty final third was really harsh... Sad [:(]

• PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    Last night started off with a 5 Vegas Limitada from 2006 courtesy of Jozer a while back. Damn good smoke. Without a doubt the best of the Limitada lines I've had... Not sure if it was the blend or the age on the blend that did it.

Followed it up with a Kristoff Ligero Maduro. Damn fine cigar, but I like the Criollo Ligero better. Still can't stop thinking about that 06 Limitada and wish I had some more of these on hand!
    PuroFreak:
    Still can't stop thinking about that 06 Limitada and wish I had some more of these on hand!
    I think I could help you out with that. I'd like to try a few of those Joya de Nicaragua Gran Reservas you found at your B&M. Up for a trade perhaps?
    j0z3r:
    PuroFreak:
    Still can't stop thinking about that 06 Limitada and wish I had some more of these on hand!
    I think I could help you out with that. I'd like to try a few of those Joya de Nicaragua Gran Reservas you found at your B&M. Up for a trade perhaps?
    Sounds good to me! Shoot me a PM and let me know what ya got in mind man.
    PuroFreak:
    j0z3r:
    PuroFreak:
    PM sent.
    j0z3r:
    PuroFreak:
    j0z3r:
    PuroFreak:
    PM sent.
    And back at ya good sir.
  • vegassparkyvegassparky Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 365
    had a unholy cocktail for lunch. gonna chill with a patel bros tonight
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    Enjoying a 5 Vegas gold maduro @ the moment.
    Just finished up an LFD Airbender...
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    Diamondog:
    Just finished up an LFD Airbender...
    Flippin' amazing smoke! I wish they were free so I could smoke them every second of every day they are so good! Give me a Airbender chisel and I am set for a whole day! Those things are amazing!
  • smokeater187smokeater187 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 232
    Havin a jdn consul
  • drpepperdudedrpepperdude Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 298
    CAO Gold Maduro

Had a 5 Vegas Triple this morning...
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Had a Warlock toro last night... first third was boss everything after that wasn't even second rate.
    Not getting the hype around that cigar.
    Today on the ride in I had a Gurkha Empire Series 2.

• stubshaftstubshaft Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 12
    Last night I had my first Cain 550 Maduro Robusto. I enjoyed it from prelight right down to the last inch and a half. I'm glad I bought a 5 pack.
  • JapilisJapilis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 11
    Will be smoking an Oliva Master Blend later...
  • fuentejpsfuentejps Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 345
    had a dpg tabac biaz[i think i pronouncing it right] at my b/m today. very nice stick. i enjoyed it. also bought a jdn celebracan
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    Man, I love the original Tabacos Baez. Got it in a sampler from Ccom. I wasn't expecting much from it, but it really impressed me. I see on the Ccom website that they only have the Series H now and not the original. Anyone know anything about this? I'd love to get my hands on some more of the original blend.

Smoked an RP 1992 last night with a buddy of mine. Went through a bunch of 1990s a few years back but this was actually my first 1992. Not the best stick I've ever had, but it was really tasty. Gotta love the consistency in RP smokes.
  • HaybletHayblet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,400
    a Diesel Shorty I smoked until I couldn't hold it any longer

Photobucket

Yummy. Might need to get roach clips or a pair of needle nose pliers.
  • SigCigSigCig Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 37

Hayblet:

Photobucket

Then again...you can always crumble it up and smoke it from a bong.  :-)

• lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
    SigCig:

Hayblet:

Photobucket

... REALLY?
  • HaybletHayblet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,400
    I've been drug free for seven years Stick out tongue [:P]
  • SigCigSigCig Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 37
    lcpleel:
    SigCig:

Hayblet:

Photobucket

... REALLY?

Yeah, REALLY.