Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    OchoZacho:
    BigT06:
    gotta say it... the La Verite made the Opus it's b!tch. Not even half way through it and it's absolutely blown me away in every way!

+1
    you would know, Zach. This one came from you!
  • ThinBluLine06ThinBluLine06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 283
    La Gloria cubana serie R...tasty
  • GoatmilkGoatmilk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 200
    CAO La Traviata maduro divino
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,707
    Goatmilk:
    CAO La Traviata maduro divino
    Man...I haven't had the La Traviata in some time. Gotta remedy that. Excellent smoke.
  • BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    man, these do great with some rest time!!!

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
  • mwebermweber Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 157
    Had a Cohiba (red dot) original this afternoon, and i think im gonna have to have a Cohiba Puro Dominico this evening after dinner. Just a Cohiba kinda day I guess.
    Trying a Camacho Connecticut. Pretty good, picked up some sweet vanilla notes in the first third. Just wish it were s smaller ring gauge. This boy's got a 60 ring.
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    will be a san lotano maduro toro tonight
    Just lit up an E.P. Carrillo Connecticut, and the wrapper split immediately. Oh, brother.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    Had an Undercrown Robusto
    i have not had good luck with any of these san lotano maduros but the very first one!,, go out, burn, on to a sl habano toro
  • big chunksbig chunks Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,607
    I'm also smoking a diesel shorty, this one has about 8 months rest on it, I'm really enjoying it
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    Padilla Miami with a virgil's root beer
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    Smoked a JFR (Casa Fernandez Just For Retailers) at the B&M. Meh. Okay but too mild for what I was looking for. Lit a 5 Vegas Miami on the way home...much, much better.
    no problems wih the SL habano and havent had a bad one yet
  • rburke1129rburke1129 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 383
    enjoyed a RyJ 1875 No 3 tonight
  • GreenMachineGreenMachine Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 483
    Felipe Gregorio Fat Boy, Maduro. Was pretty tasty, but will be really good with some time!!!
  • KevinFittsKevinFitts Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 225
    Gran Habano Vintage 2002
  • amz1301amz1301 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,287
    LFD Double Ligero Chisel with some JW Black after a massive NY strip.
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 908
    Padilla Black Bear - good, but moderate construction issues second half
    601 Green Oscuro La Punta - awesome
    gonna finish up with a DPG Cuban Classic Robusto
    big smoke night for me....tough week
  • Duke2Duke2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 393
    My box order of Tatuaje Black arrived today so I have one burning next to me. I am enjoying the 6x38 size compared to the jaw breakers I usually smoke.
  • MephistoMephisto Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 508
    Just lit an AB Prensado
  • slickricslickric Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 705
    Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone Appfinally getting around to this san lotano. i was afraid to light it u bc I'm afraid i won't like it but so far its darn tasty
  • mamosa24mamosa24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2
    I'm not super knowledgeable on cigars (just started getting more into them), but a friend of mine told me to look into the Padillas. How are they? And how is the Black Bear in particular?

As for the thread topic, I just finished a Gurkha Crest. I don't really understand the hate that I've seen for Gurkhas. I smoked a Spec Ops yesterday with friends, and a Centurion Perfecto earlier today. The Spec Ops was really nice, it didn't unwrap at all, and while the Perfecto unraveled a bit, I was able to fix it, and it tasted great. It didn't really draw as nicely as most other cigars I've had, but it had a very unctuous mouth feel and a lot of complexity.
  • GridgodGridgod Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14
    I am smoking a The Edge by Rocky Patel been in the humidor for 6 months and taste fantastic. Really good burn and huge amounts of smoke going to throw this into my rotation for sure.
    mamosa24:
    I'm not super knowledgeable on cigars (just started getting more into them), but a friend of mine told me to look into the Padillas. How are they? And how is the Black Bear in particular? As for the thread topic, I just finished a Gurkha Crest. I don't really understand the hate that I've seen for Gurkhas. I smoked a Spec Ops yesterday with friends, and a Centurion Perfecto earlier today. The Spec Ops was really nice, it didn't unwrap at all, and while the Perfecto unraveled a bit, I was able to fix it, and it tasted great. It didn't really draw as nicely as most other cigars I've had, but it had a very unctuous mouth feel and a lot of complexity.
    padillas are some of my favorite smokes. 've never had the black bear but the miami is a great one. as for gurkhas. it seems most people either love them or hate them. i don't mind them but they were my favs when i first started
    i can't believe it took me this long to have one of these san lotanos. Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone Appnext i need to try the maduro
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,539
    Tonight I started out with a Gurkha Evil and finished with a PdR Liga Especial Reserva Superior
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    mamosa24:
    As for the thread topic, I just finished a Gurkha Crest. I don't really understand the hate that I've seen for Gurkhas. I smoked a Spec Ops yesterday with friends, and a Centurion Perfecto earlier today. The Spec Ops was really nice, it didn't unwrap at all, and while the Perfecto unraveled a bit, I was able to fix it, and it tasted great. It didn't really draw as nicely as most other cigars I've had, but it had a very unctuous mouth feel and a lot of complexity.
    how much out of pocket was that Crest? what is the MSRP? worth what you paid? Worth MSRP?
    that is part of the problem people have.

the other problem that people have is something that you mentioned in your post: construction issues.
    one didnt draw correctly, one started to fall apart.
    if my cigars Commands a $20+ MSRP there had better not be a single construction issue with any of them ever.
    there are too many inconsistent points with Gurkha and very few "amazing" cigars. they have some good ones but given the price, they are easy to be critical of.

good thing almost nobody pays MSRP for them.