Home Cigar 101

Humidor Seasoning help/guidence

13»

Comments

• brotheradambrotheradam Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 896
    The Cank:
    The first few I did wipe down with no problems, The last one I did I tried without wiping it down and just used a bowl of distilled and it worked great ! no spike in humidity and it took about a week and a half but have also seen some stabilize in 7 days. ( depending how much humidity is already in the wood) So I prefer not to wipe them down as there is no crazy fluctuation.
    Thanks Cank, appreciate the info. I'm trying it without wiping it down this time around, I'm about 4 days into it and it seems to be working well.
  • zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    With all the help here, I'm finally down to 70% this morning! I was like....YESSSSSSSSSS

And its what everyone says...be patient.
  • The CankThe Cank Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 799
    brotheradam:
    The Cank:
    The first few I did wipe down with no problems, The last one I did I tried without wiping it down and just used a bowl of distilled and it worked great ! no spike in humidity and it took about a week and a half but have also seen some stabilize in 7 days. ( depending how much humidity is already in the wood) So I prefer not to wipe them down as there is no crazy fluctuation.
    Thanks Cank, appreciate the info. I'm trying it without wiping it down this time around, I'm about 4 days into it and it seems to be working well.

No problem. I like the shot glass of distilled better than the wipe down even if it takes a little longer.

zeebra:
    With all the help here, I'm finally down to 70% this morning! I was like....YESSSSSSSSSS

And its what everyone says...be patient.

Right on ! Now you can throw all those fine sticks you just got in the mail inside and let them get nice and tasty......of course judging by who sent you those sticks I am sure a lot of them have some good amount of age on them already.
  • coronaex30coronaex30 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 35
    yeah just like everyone here says just be patient. I work with a bunch of cigar-guys and the first thing they will all tell you is to be (patient!) enjoy your cigars don't stress yourself out over them. maybe i was just lucky 3 days later my 100ct was good to go with a shot glass of distilled water!