Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

NFL Draft Game 2010

zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
So I was thinking about this game we can play and thought it would be fun. I don't know how many people here like football, I mean who doesnt like football right? I mean having a stogie while watchin the draft?!?

Well this is what I was thinking for the game.

Contestants sign up here in this thread and post the draft picks in order for the first round. Thats 32 teams and 32 picks. There will be a scoring chart, who ever has the highest points, wins. Simple.

Comment: "Thats easy, we know whos going 1st in the draft"
Answer: "Thats great, but we are working with the reverse point system here buddy, check out how we are going to grade each pick below"

Yes, you guessed it. Since it is easier to pick the top 10 (kinda) you get less points...muu huu hahahah

NFL Draft is Thursday April 22nd, this contest will close at 7pm (CST) on April 20th. You can edit your post until then and I will print out the picks and tally them with all results. Winner/s will get the "Bag-O-Sticks". Similar to the NCAA brackets, each player can put up 4 sticks and depending on how many players we get, we can divide 1st place and 2nd place like 70% for 1st and 30% for second.

Each pick goes up by .5 points from pick number 1 all the way to pick number 32. (see point system below again) If a team trades, it does not matter, the player selected in your spot is in stone once the deadline is set

All the players should have the sticks send out and delivered to ONE member to hold the sticks. All players have to be vouched for and be on the good traders list in order to participate. The member holding the stick can then send out one or two package to the winners (maybe even keep a stick of his/her choice of up to $7 value for sending out an extra shipment).

Sticks should be shipped to "holder of Bag-O-Cigars" before the closing deadline and provide DC of shipment. The holder will notify me that everything is A-OK. If there is anything I am missing, since I am a noob (kinda) here still, please post here. If this is a game that people seem and want to do, please lets get this thing rollin. All comments are encouraged if you have a better idea or suggestion.

Team and Pick number and point value

1. STL .5
2. DET 1.0
3. TB 1.5
4. WAS 2.0
5. KC 2.5
6. SEA 3.0
7. CLE 3.5
8. OAK 4.0
9. BUF 4.5
10. JAC 5.0
11. DEN 5.5
12. MIA 6.0
13. SF 6.5
14. SEA 7.0
15. NYG 7.5
16. TEN 8.0
17. SF 8.5
18. PIT 9.0
19. ATL 9.5
20. HOU 10.0
21. CIN 10.5
22. NE 11.0
23. GB 11.5
24. PHI 12.0
25. BAL 12.5
26. ARI 13.0
27. DAL 13.5
28. SD 14.0
29. NYJ 14.5
30. MIN 15.0
31. IND 15.5
32. NO 16.0

Comments

• Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    Zeebra sounds like a fun game. I don't think I will play not much into watching the drafts. I know for the college bowl games and the March Madness people just waited to see who won then they would send out their packages to whomever it was decided that they should send to. It worked out well for football and looks like it worked out for March Madness. Esp. since it is a requirement to be on the good traders list it only makes sense. This does a couple of things, allows the sender to if those so choose personalize their package for the winner but also saves on shipping so the sticks only have to be sent once. Just my .02 and I hope this game takes off for you.
  • zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    Thanks man. Just thought I would throw this out there. If no interest, no problem. Just wanted to get a feel for games here. This is a new one for me as well. I've never watched the draft except on my computer because I'm always at work.

If we cant get 10 people, then no point of playin. If ppl interested, just post your players.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    trying to read this gives me an ice cream headache
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    I'm in...
    just one thought on the prize... for the baseball league we are all putting in $25 and the winner gets a Ccom gift certificate for that value... they are simple and can be sent via email... just a thought...
    either way, I'm in...