Home Ratings & Reviews

AVO Lounge Cigar Toro Cigar Review Video

kaelariakaelaria Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 572
image This 6×50 stick offers a medium brown lumpy and firm wrapper with minimal veins, invisible seams a triple cap and a rich oily tobacco aroma. First light reveals a firm draw, minimal smoke output but big medium-full body. Flavors are rich, oily earth with a bit of pepper and hot spice on a long earthy finish. The first third develops beautifully in to a slightly musty creamy smooth aged tobacco, with a good bit of cinnamon kick, lasting through the finish. Smoke output increased to a good normal amount and the body stayed near full. 40 min in at the 2nd third transition, flavors dropped most of the cinnamon on the draw and body is a solid medium. Overall it gives a rich, oily, deep flavor experience. Just before the 1/2 point it tunneled a bit and went out prompting a relight. Unfortunately the band was applied with a big glob of glue, taking a chunk of wrapper with it as it was removed. Luckily it did not breach to the binder. 1:45 in the stick started to smoke very hot so I ended it with about 1 1/2? remaining, just my personal taste. Flavors in the last third pushed more of the licorice and added a touch of warm nuts. Strength wise this is a medium-full stick, giving me jitters and making me a bit light headed for 30 min after filming. http://cigarobsession.com/cigar-reviews/avo-lounge-cigar-toro-cigar-review/

Comments

• urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    Thanks for that one. I've been wondering about those.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Oh man, the last thing I need is temptation when it comes to Avo. I haven't come across an Avo yet that I didn't like, this will certainly be one to look into as well.

BTW urbs, tried the 787 after you posted about it and it was a fantastic cigar. Toward the end the strength ramped up and caught me off guard, but I really enjoyed it.
    Glad I didn't steer you wrong, Joseph (Joel?). That one made quite a first impression on me.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Have you tried the Avo 80th? I hear great things about that one, but have not tried one yet.

And you got it right the first time, it's Joseph...although the only people that call me that are my grandmother and my dad.
    I haven't tried it, yet, but I've got a couple cooling their heels.