Home Ratings & Reviews

Hoyo de Monterrey Dark Knight

betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
I loved this cigar. Had one from the same fiver about 11 months ago, and I didn't really care for it, but WOW! The flavor of bittersweet chocolate, like on a truffle, was incredibly intense around an interesting, nice cedar. Full review on the site, but anyone else have any thoughts of this?

Comments

• ljlljl Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 819
    Agree, great dark chocolate (bittersweet) flavors. A definite must try for anybody who likes a great sweet maduro flavor! This is my favorite hoyo and a personal top ten. Have smoked a few and have never had draw or burn issues either. Seems like a great stick to age IMHO.
  • betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    ljl:
    Agree, great dark chocolate (bittersweet) flavors. A definite must try for anybody who likes a great sweet maduro flavor! This is my favorite hoyo and a personal top ten. Have smoked a few and have never had draw or burn issues either. Seems like a great stick to age IMHO.
    yeah man, I didn't love it when I first smoked it, tasted waaay to cedary for me, but with some time, I'm kicking myself for not having more.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,454
    I remember liking it but found it to be much milder than expected. I don't know why, but I expected more pepper and kick so I ended up smoking it at night, after a meal, which muted the already mild flavors of the cigar.

I think if I had another, it would be in the morning with coffee and breakfast.
  • taddowtaddow Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 51
    I totally agree with this comment. At first I too wasn't too fond of it but a few months later I pulled one out of my humi and it was great! I've actually been smoking them for the past three days. I whittled my supply down pretty good and will have to re-stock.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    I really like most of the HDMs I've had. I'd love to get my hands on an ISOM HDM...... Heard they're even better.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    I've never had the DK. I have thought about picking it up many times. I do like the hoyo's I've had though.
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 682
    HdM is my favorite cigar, and for me, the one that started the whole craze 16 years ago. I still have 4 left of my Exaclibur No.2 maduros from a box I bought 3 1/2 years ago. They really age well.
  • ljlljl Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 819
    phobicsquirrel:
    I've never had the DK. I have thought about picking it up many times. I do like the hoyo's I've had though.

Suggest picking some up! This is a great cigar. Highly recommend HdM Oscuro Prensado too.
  • bsjones7bsjones7 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 15
    Rob1110 has it right. Great morning smoke with a cup of coffee