Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Fun and Games

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    They really are great live...not as good as Rush, but then again, who is? Just yankin your chain on the bonus, glad you got it (and I think you will be too). I'll pm you back with tracking info after I mail it.
    Check your inbox Ron.
  • vankleekkwvankleekkw Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 404
    j0z3r:
    They really are great live...not as good as Rush, but then again, who is? Just yankin your chain on the bonus, glad you got it (and I think you will be too). I'll pm you back with tracking info after I mail it.
    IRON MAIDEN NOT AS GOOD AS RUSH???? What are you smoking tonight. Iron Maiden is awesome and if you saw them with Anthrax, I am officially jealous.

Actually, Iron Maiden was the second concert I ever saw (with a broken foot at that). They throw an awesome concert that lasted 4 hours. The Chicago Police kicked them out for noise violation laws at that concert.
    vankleekkw:
    j0z3r:
    IRON MAIDEN NOT AS GOOD AS RUSH???? What are you smoking tonight. Iron Maiden is awesome and if you saw them with Anthrax, I am officially jealous.

Actually, Iron Maiden was the second concert I ever saw (with a broken foot at that). They throw an awesome concert that lasted 4 hours. The Chicago Police kicked them out for noise violation laws at that concert.
    hey now, i didn't say Maiden wasn't awesome, because they are, second best live band I've seen. But have you seen Rush live? As much as I love Iron Maiden, the difference is like black and white.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    i have not seen iron maiden live butr i have seen rush....
    its a damn good show.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    I'm with Joe and Kuzi on the Rush Live show!! Seen em' so many times and would go back again tomorrow.. I have seen Iron Maiden only three times but at the risk of sounding like a wimp the show was too loud and it killed the performance.. Feedback and just noise..
  • rdnstnrdnstn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 991
    I hear you Kas. I don't mind a loud concert but I like the sound to be quality. If you get all the feedback and static and stuff, it takes away from the experience.

BTW, I will be posting my questions later this evening so stay tuned.
    rdnstn:
    I hear you Kas. I don't mind a loud concert but I like the sound to be quality. If you get all the feedback and static and stuff, it takes away from the experience.

BTW, I will be posting my questions later this evening so stay tuned.
    I will be there !! I may as well send my info right now because I'm gonna' win this one !!
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    You tell 'em, Charlie Brown.
    urbino:
    ( as Ron holds the football for him)
    Exactly. I'm sure he won't pull it away at the last second. Again.
    That was good Joe. We'll see if I pull it away as he kicks. LOL

Well, here goes. I am going to keep with the music theme instead of changing it up too much. I have a wide range of likes in music but I have only seen 4 people/acts more than once. Three of these were country (Faith Hill, George Strait and Toby Keith) the other was not. I saw the 4th one before I saw any of the other and with the exception of seeing Toby Keith in Iraq, I haven't seen any of them since the last time I saw this band.

Now if you understood all that, who was this band? And for a bonus, tell me what tour they were on (what album they were promoting) the first time I saw them.
    j0z3r:
    urbino:
    ( as Ron holds the football for him)
    Pretty funny everyone.. I'm glad I bring you such amusement..
    rdnstn:
    That was good Joe. We'll see if I pull it away as he kicks. LOL

Well, here goes. I am going to keep with the music theme instead of changing it up too much. I have a wide range of likes in music but I have only seen 4 people/acts more than once. Three of these were country (Faith Hill, George Strait and Toby Keith) the other was not. I saw the 4th one before I saw any of the other and with the exception of seeing Toby Keith in Iraq, I haven't seen any of them since the last time I saw this band.

Now if you understood all that, who was this band? And for a bonus, tell me what tour they were on (what album they were promoting) the first time I saw them.
    Well hell that narrows it down to about 5,000 possibilities.. this should be like finding a needle in a needle stack...Let me take the wildest guess ever and say Jimmy Buffet.
    Cripes. Aerosmith?
    Hey urbi with a clue like that we get to make a guess an hour for the next forty years and still not hit it. Watch he is really a fan of Unsigned Hip Hop Bands , this may take a while..
    kaspera79:
    Hey urbi with a clue like that we get to make a guess an hour for the next forty years and still not hit it. Watch he is really a fan of Unsigned Hip Hop Bands , this may take a while..
    Sugar Hill Gang representin' yo! ...oh you said unsigned.... nevermind
    OK, OK with all this complaining I guess I better give you all a clue to start you off. Aerosmith is actually pretty close. Same era, and even genre I would say.

Oh yeah, and the 1 guess a day rule applies, but we will start after this post, so all of you that guessed already. That was a freebie.
  • dutyjedutyje Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,263
    Same era as Aerosmith... what era would that be, exactly? 70's? 80's? 90's? 20's? Ragtime? Big Band? Classical? Britney Spears? Is this before or after Jesus quit as their lead guitarist?
    My guess will be The Rolling Stones >>
    OK, I guess it's time for another clue. This band was probably most prevalent in the 70's but still continues to tour today and a few of their songs enjoy a regular spot on the playlists of classic rock stations on the radio.
    rdnstn:
    OK, I guess it's time for another clue. This band was probably most prevalent in the 70's but still continues to tour today and a few of their songs enjoy a regular spot on the playlists of classic rock stations on the radio.
    Okay it's only been 19 hours but I have the answer ,, Everybody else better get their guess in now... ( Charlie )
    Lynyrd Skynyrd?
    kaspera79:
    rdnstn:
    Okay it's only been 19 hours but I have the answer ,, Everybody else better get their guess in now... ( Charlie )
    Next guess The Eagles..
    All great bands, and you are all hitting right around the target but no one has guessed it yet so it's time for another clue.

This band tours the US almost every year in the fall and Colorado is always one of their stops on the tour because they do a thing at a ranch to the West of Denver when they come. BTW, both times that I've seen them was in Denver. The first time was at McNichol's Arena (I can't give the year because it would give an unfair clue for the bonus prize) and the second time was at the University of Denver in 1999.
    rdnstn:
    All great bands, and you are all hitting right around the target but no one has guessed it yet so it's time for another clue.

This band tours the US almost every year in the fall and CO is always one of their stops on the tour.
    Son of a... I can't believe I was wrong.. hey guys don't tell urbi.. He will tease the crap out of me.. ron, edit the post to say I win and i'll send all your cigars right back to you.. and let you win the next one too. thanks.
    Hey Kas, IM me and keep this under your hat. Maybe we can work something out. LOL

The Eagles are one of my all time favorite bands though. Definitely in my top 5.
    rdnstn:
    Hey Kas, IM me and keep this under your hat. Maybe we can work something out. LOL

The Eagles are one of my all time favorite bands though. Definitely in my top 5.
    All right , this is just between the two of us thanks Hooray I Win !!
    rdnstn:

This band tours the US almost every year in the fall and Colorado is always one of their stops on the tour because they do a thing at a ranch to the West of Denver when they come. BTW, both times that I've seen them was in Denver. The first time was at McNichol's Arena (I can't give the year because it would give an unfair clue for the bonus prize) and the second time was at the University of Denver in 1999.
    next guess Jethro Tull on tour with ummm Phish ?
    Dang it Kas. I didn't think that anyone would get it that fast. Good job though. Usually Jethro Tull is not a band that many recognize. I had a bunch of good clues planned too. You just take all the fun out of it. That's OK though. PM me your addy and I will get the package out to you.

BTW, I will give you a chance to guess for the bonus if you'd like. Just tell me what album they were promoting (same as the name of the tour) the first time I saw them.