Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Fun and Games

Comments

• dutyjedutyje Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,263
    j0z3r:
    lol, I've never even heard of Skyline Chili. Is that more of a mid-west/eastern part of the country place?
    Cincinnati chili.. there was a lengthy discussion about it in the Love the Gurkhas thread.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    j0z3r:
    Oddly enough, I have done several Applebees, but no, not this time.
    Okay Joe lets try Denny's.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    j0z3r:
    lol, I've never even heard of Skyline Chili. Is that more of a mid-west/eastern part of the country place?
    yeah, hometown thing. It was more of a joke than anything.
  • ScramblerScrambler Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 746
    j0z3r:
    Nope. The food is more along the lines of something you eat with your hands, not so much with a fork and knife.
    I was gonna guess Tony Roma's, but they have less than 200 locations, so lets go with Red Robin.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Hey, nice one Scrambler, you got it. I didn't think anyone was gonna guess it. Second time you've won off me too...can you read my mind? I'm thinking of a number between 3 and 5, what is it?

Still have your address info from the last time assuming it has not changed, let me know if it has.
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    j0z3r:
    Hey, nice one Scrambler, you got it. I didn't think anyone was gonna guess it. Second time you've won off me too...can you read my mind? I'm thinking of a number between 3 and 5, what is it?
    Pi. What do I win?
    urbino:
    Pi. What do I win?
    lol, nice.

Same address Joe, thanks. Now to think of another question...
    urbino:
    j0z3r:
    Pi. What do I win?
    Well, son of a gun. guess I'll have to bomb you back to the stone age.

Scrambler: Have got your pack ready to go, I'll be dropping it off at the PO tomorrow. I'll pm you some tracking info then.
    Alright, time for my question.

What is my favorite adult beverage? Looking for specifics here. Once we get it narrowed down a bit, there will be a bonus question for a super-premium stick.
    Scramber: you've got mail.
    When it's this early in the game, it's fun to take a flyer. I'm gonna say it's a Tom Collins made with Beefeater. And for grins I'll guess your bonus question is "what's so specia about Beefeater" and I'd say "well, that's the only gin that's actually distilled in London".

See you in 24 hrs :)
    Ha ha, good guess, but no. I'm only just beginning to develop a taste for gin. My first experience with hard liquor (in high school) was straight Seagram’s gin. Put me off on that particular spirit for quite a long time. I think Beefeater “Wet” is pretty good, and I just bought a bottle of Tanqueray Rangpur, its drinkable.
  • vankleekkwvankleekkw Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 404
    Don Julio Anejo Tequilla
    van - you a tequila drinker? I find the Don Julio very smooth, but almost without character, especially for an anejo. Have you tried Herradura, Tres Generaciones, or El Tesoro? Those are great, especially the Herradura. I think I'll have some of that tomorrow.
    I don't like the Tres that much. It doesn't have the right flavors for me. Never had the other two. I actually like the Blanco tequila better. When I drank a lot I would mix it with Pepsi w/Lime. That really brings out the sweet flavors of the Agave plants.
    If you don't like the Tres, you probably wouldn't care for the Herradura .. similar flavor profile, but the Herradura is just a little bolder. I drink good liquor neat, and am not nearly mature enough to take a blanco that way. When I'm mixing, I usually go for high-quality cheap stuff (my mixing-tequila of choice is actually the ultra-cheesy looking El Toro Triple Distilled -- with the sombrero cap!)
    vankleekkw:
    Don Julio Anejo Tequilla
    Nope. Good stuff, but not what I'm looking for.
  • bass8844bass8844 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 416
    Well a favorite drink of mine is scotch on the rocks...I'm gonna guess Johnnie Walker Blue
    dutyje:
    If you don't like the Tres, you probably wouldn't care for the Herradura .. similar flavor profile, but the Herradura is just a little bolder. I drink good liquor neat, and am not nearly mature enough to take a blanco that way. When I'm mixing, I usually go for high-quality cheap stuff (my mixing-tequila of choice is actually the ultra-cheesy looking El Toro Triple Distilled -- with the sombrero cap!)
    Don't worry, people always look at me weird for mixing Tequila. I think that I am revolutionary, someone has to start mixing somewhere.
    Alright, first hint. It's an IBA official cocktail.
    Manhattan. For the bonus, Perfect VO Manhattan, on the rocks, with a twist.
    Not a manhattan, but you have the right type of liquor.
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    whiskey and coke?
    Scrambler:
    Alright, first hint. It's an IBA official cocktail.
    Hey scrambler,,, my guess Whiskey Sour..
    Yes, but what kind of whiskey? (For the bonus, not just type, but brand)
    Scrambler:
    Yes, but what kind of whiskey? (For the bonus, not just type, but brand)
    Makers Mark...
    Nope. My favorite is Rebel Yell, but its hard to find. My favorite mainstream bourbon is Knob Creek. Since its pricey most places, I usually order Jim Beam Black if I'm out. I'd have accepted any of these for the bonus. Either way, there will be a nice package headed your way.
    Scrambler:
    Nope. My favorite is Rebel Yell, but its hard to find. My favorite mainstream bourbon is Knob Creek. Since its pricey most places, I usually order Jim Beam Black if I'm out. I'd have accepted any of these for the bonus. Either way, there will be a nice package headed your way.
    Never would have guessed Rebel Yell, Wikipedia gets the assist on this one with the IBA drink list. Only other would have been Old Fashion, and you just didn't seen the type. Good question . Now I have to get one in here.
    dutyje:
    van - you a tequila drinker? I find the Don Julio very smooth, but almost without character, especially for an anejo. Have you tried Herradura, Tres Generaciones, or El Tesoro? Those are great, especially the Herradura. I think I'll have some of that tomorrow.
    Duty, As far as straight liquor goes, Tres Gen is my favorite. I prefer it immensely over Patron, which everyone seems to think is the best of the best.

People always look at me funny when I order straight tequila. Then when I turn down the lime, salt, or chaser they act like I'm insane/not human. I can shoot the cheap stuff without anything to soften the blow, but I love to sip the good stuff.

A bourbon sour is my favorite drink, but straight anejo tequila is a very close second.
    When I went on a cruise to Mexico last year, I had my first sampling of a quality tequila and I was shocked at how different it is from the garbage Cuervo gold or that other mixto crap. This went down smooth as silk and I really liked the flavor. I believe the one I had was a Reposado, though I cannot recall the brand.