Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Fun and Games

Comments

• FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    bbc020:
    I'll guess $54,147

Just a question...is there a limit to guessing? Is it one per person till friday at 9PM

The appointed time has arrived and bbc020 -Brandon -is the closest to the correct amount and mighty close at that ! The total was $ 56,219.00 dollars. Great guess Brandon ...I will mail your package out Monday or Tuesday and thanks for playing !!! Gene
  • bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    gmill880:
    bbc020:
    I'll guess $54,147

Just a question...is there a limit to guessing? Is it one per person till friday at 9PM

The appointed time has arrived and bbc020 -Brandon -is the closest to the correct amount and mighty close at that ! The total was $ 56,219.00 dollars. Great guess Brandon ...I will mail your package out Monday or Tuesday and thanks for playing !!! Gene
    Thanks Gene, I'll pm you my info just to make sure you've got the updated addy...I will try to think of a question and post it tomorrow night after the 4th festivities.
    bbc020:
    gmill880:
    bbc020:
    I'll guess $54,147

Thanks Gene, I'll pm you my info just to make sure you've got the updated addy...I will try to think of a question and post it tomorrow night after the 4th festivities.
    ah...ok, So I fell asleep on this one...my bad guys.
    time for a question...A friend and I spent most of the day yesterday on the golf course. One of my favorite (somewhat) nearby courses was having a special for unlimited golf. We ended up playing 27 holes yesterday before calling it a day. Question is, what was my score for all 27 holes combined. I will keep this open until Wednesday at 2pm. From that point the closest, without going over (it is a golf score) will win, unless someone hits it before then.

For a hint...we played here from the blue tees.
  • rdnstnrdnstn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 991
    I guess I'll throw some numbers at you. My guess is 137
    a little more than 24 hours left and rdnstn has this one by default....come on guys...put some guesses out there. with less 36 hours left, I'll allow a guess every 12 hours.that means you can have two guesses before wed at 2pm.

as for a hint: I'm not a scratch golfer, but I went lower than 137
  • betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    bbc020:
    a little more than 24 hours left and rdnstn has this one by default....come on guys...put some guesses out there. with less 36 hours left, I'll allow a guess every 12 hours.that means you can have two guesses before wed at 2pm.

Hahaha - Brandon says he's an amateur not disabled LMAO
    gmill880:
    bbc020:

Hahaha - Brandon says he's an amateur not disabled LMAO
    haha...I took no offense...I maybe a little proud, but 137 is not completely out of my reach.

as for another hint. I got better each nine and started off somewhat steady. My worst score (to par) came on the first hole we played.
    Alright, I'll guess again.

betasynn:
    Damn.....5 under par? I'd have to take a week off work to recover from that experience!...that's unfortunately not it, but thanks for thinking of me like that!

A couple hours left, get your guesses in.
    To be totally honest, I don't know anything about golf. I just like the number 100. It's nice and gold.
    betasynn:
    To be totally honest, I don't know anything about golf. I just like the number 100. It's nice and gold.
    Usually you mention the number 100 in golf, it is someone trying to break it playing 18 holes. Having played 27 holes that day, I would have been unconscious after going that low.

Since the contest is over, it's time to announce the winner. By the contest rules, the closest to without going over was....
    rdnstn:

I started the first nine with a 7 over, 42. Then the back nine with a 4 over, 39. On the final nine (front nine again), I shot a 2 over, 37, for a total 118 (+13). A pretty good day for me with the worst score being a double bogie on the first hole.

Congrats Ron, shoot me a pm with your addy. I should be able to get a package out to you tomorrow.
    bbc020:
    Since the contest is over, it's time to announce the winner. By the contest rules, the closest to without going over was....
    rdnstn:

I started the first nine with a 7 over, 42. Then the back nine with a 4 over, 39. On the final nine (front nine again), I shot a 2 over, 37, for a total 118 (+13). A pretty good day for me with the worst score being a double bogie on the first hole.

Congrats Ron, shoot me a pm with your addy. I should be able to get a package out to you tomorrow.
    bump
    awesome, pm on the way

it sounds like your golf score (118) would be about the same as mine except that mine would be for 18 holes instead of 27, lol
    OK, for my question, I am going to turn to one of my hobbies. Firearms. I have my CCW and for my question, I want you to tell me what state it was issued out of and what my favorite carry piece is (make and model). Sometimes I carry 2 so I will throw something extra in if you can tell me what the make and model of the backup that I carry too.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    rdnstn:
    OK, for my question, I am going to turn to one of my hobbies. Firearms. I have my CCW and for my question, I want you to tell me what state it was issued out of and what my favorite carry piece is (make and model). Sometimes I carry 2 so I will throw something extra in if you can tell me what the make and model of the backup that I carry too.
    Texas issued, glock 21 carry piece. ruger LCP for backup
    cholmes8310:
    rdnstn:
    By the way, I like that. I have mine as well, TN issued. SA XD .45 carry piece. Feel real sorry for whoever decides to try me....

Too bad it does me no good in Boston... damn liberal tree huggin hippie democrats...
    Unfortunately you are 0 for 3 although I do own 2 glocks, neither is my carry gun. The Ruger LCP is nice and I wish I had one, but that is not my backup although it is roughly the same size. For another hint, I go prefer power and concealability over capacity.

The XD is a nice gun, I haven't really heard anything negative about it. In fact one of the premier instruction sites like Thunder Ranch or someplace like that (I don't remember which it was) recently purchased a bunch because they were so impressed with them.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    cholmes8310:
    cholmes8310:
    rdnstn:
    By the way, I like that. I have mine as well, TN issued. SA XD .45 carry piece. Feel real sorry for whoever decides to try me....

Too bad it does me no good in Boston... damn liberal tree huggin hippie democrats...

Go back to where you came from buddy!
    rdnstn:
    Unfortunately you are 0 for 3 although I do own 2 glocks, neither is my carry gun. The Ruger LCP is nice and I wish I had one, but that is not my backup although it is roughly the same size. For another hint, I go prefer power and concealability over capacity.

The XD is a nice gun, I haven't really heard anything negative about it. In fact one of the premier instruction sites like Thunder Ranch or someplace like that (I don't remember which it was) recently purchased a bunch because they were so impressed with them.
    ok, next guess. Tennessee issued, Kimberly pro carry .45 for the carry. Don't have another guess for secondary now
    Gettin closer. Wrong state and your on the right track for a carry gun. For a hint on the state, it was issued by the state I lived in before moving here to TX
    rdnstn:
    Gettin closer. Wrong state and your on the right track for a carry gun. For a hint on the state, it was issued by the state I lived in before moving here to TX
    Well, I assume it has to be a southern state, since that is about the only place to get them without a ton of hassle. It sure wasn't California or Illinois. I'll venture another guess after the 24 hour period passes.
    OK, new clues. The state where mine was issued is not only the state I just moved from but the state where I was born and raised and my carry gun is a modified version of one that was designed about 100 years ago
    rdnstn:
    OK, new clues. The state where mine was issued is not only the state I just moved from but the state where I was born and raised and my carry gun is a modified version of one that was designed about 100 years ago
    Oklahoma issued, Para Ordnance 1911 .45
    Gettin closer but not quite there. I might travel through Oklahoma to get to the state from Texas. You are gettin hot on the gun. Caliber is right and the basic layout is right but incorrect manufacturer and I'm looking for something a little more specific on the model but to lead you in the right direction, it's smaller, updated, and more suitable for carry than a standard 1911.
    hmm, no guesses? Well here is another clue. The gun I carry is made by the original manufacturer of the 1911 and although nearly identical it is not one.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Kansas, Colt XSE?