Home Ratings & Reviews

Ok - Too Funny: Now what sticks don't taste like goats ass??

youdaman10youdaman10 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3
That thread was too funny. Now tell me what sticks are the best for the money? What doesn't taste like goats ass?

Comments

• Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    Anything not in the goats ass thread:)
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Most complex, flavorful sticks I've ever had:

Alec Bradley Tempus
    Padilla Dominus
    Padron 1964
    My Father le Bijou 1922
    Illusione MJ12
    GOF Don Carlos

None of those are every-day smokes, and a few of them are certainly in the super-premium price bracket... but I consider every one of them to be worth every penny.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    docbp87:
    Most complex, flavorful sticks I've ever had:

Alec Bradley Tempus
    Padilla Dominus
    Padron 1964
    My Father le Bijou 1922
    Illusione MJ12
    GOF Don Carlos

None of those are every-day smokes, and a few of them are certainly in the super-premium price bracket... but I consider every one of them to be worth every penny.
    These are some pretty amazing smokes! But, I feel like the Tempus could very easily be had as an everyday smoke. I have a bunch of them that I got for about $4 each. All you gotta do is call Jeff Jackson and he can hook you up!
  • youdaman10youdaman10 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3
    I've only tried the Padron 1964 here. I had a 1926 last weekend that was great, but not sure it was worth the price difference. Regardless of price, I think anything from Padron is great.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    youdaman10:
    I've only tried the Padron 1964 here. I had a 1926 last weekend that was great, but not sure it was worth the price difference. Regardless of price, I think anything from Padron is great.
    Even their regularly priced smokes are great for the money. The '64s are phenominal and the '26s are what I would expect from a $20 smoke. I guess what I am saying is, at the very least you will get what you pay for from a Padron.
  • gdsim1gdsim1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 213
    Best "under $20 stick" for me is hands-down the Padilla Signature 1932. You're still gonna pay a good buck for one, but they are excellent!

Gurkha Titan II's are gonna cost you around $20 a pop, but definitely worth it!

In the mood for a maduro? Ashton Aged Maduro will cost you around $10 for a robusto - but the smile on your face after you finish will be priceless!

• Duder2Duder2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 926
    I had a Padron 64 a week or so ago at the Lit cigar lounge in Snoqualmie. It was good, but paled in comparison to the El Cobre that I smoked after it! So far the El Cobre churchill with 5 years on it takes my #1 best stick ever! It was also the second real cigar I ever smoked almost a year ago. I had a Camacho PE that was also very good, but not quite worth full price. The Tatuaje Drac was really good too. For milds I have to give props to the RP signature lancero, best mild I've had yet and wows me every time.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    ejenne87:
    These are some pretty amazing smokes! But, I feel like the Tempus could very easily be had as an everyday smoke. I have a bunch of them that I got for about $4 each. All you gotta do is call Jeff Jackson and he can hook you up!
    Well, yeah! But they retail closer to 10$ a piece, which for me puts it a little out of daily smoke range. I've grabbed them in sales for around 4$/stick before as well. You just gotta know when and where to get them.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    My picks
    Oliva Sere V
    Gurkha Centurian
    Almost anything DPG

• cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    MOW Ruination
    Diesel
    Cu-Avana Intenso
    RP Vintage
    JDN Antano
    LFD Airbender
    LFD DL
    5 Vegas Miami Knuckle
    Perdomo Edicion de Silvio

Only one of those are over $10, and its' the Perdomo, which is about $30, but worth every penny to me. The rest can be had through DD's or even retail for $5 a stick or so.
  • The CankThe Cank Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 799
    DPG Cuban Classic
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    262 Paradigm (especially for what u can get a box for on their site), ,R.P. Vint. 1990 ,CAO L’Anniversaire Cameroon None real cheap, but I consider worth it.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    Anything Arturo Fuente...... Can't go wrong.

Or anything associated with AJ Fernandez or Pete Johnson. Two guys at the top of their games.
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    I am severely biased but here we go

262 Paradigm
    5 Vegas Cask Strength II
    Gurkha Warlord
    Gurkha Legend
    La Gloria Cubana Artesanos de Tabaqueros
    Alec Bradley Tempus
    Alec Bradley Prensado
    CAO LaTraviata
  • youdaman10youdaman10 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3
    Ok, looking above, there are several with which I agree. All things Padron, R.P. Vint 1990, CAO L'Anniversaire Cameroon (I also love the maduro).

Better yet, I see quite a few sticks I've not tried. Looks like it is time to order again.