Home Ratings & Reviews

Camacho Pre-Embargo

jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 294
I smoked a Camacho Pre-Embargo a couple nights back. This is the second one of these that I have smoked. I thought the cigar was nothing short of fantastic. It burned perfectly, produced a ton of pillowy smoke, and tasted great. I have one left that I think I will save for a special occasion.

The one gripe I have about this stick is that it burned pretty fast. It felt very light in the hand and got really soft in the final third. But...it maintained that great burn and flavor profile. Even my wife thought that the resting smoke coming off of it smelled great.

I don't think I would purchase these at the single price asked for on Ccom but if you look around you can find some pretty good deals. I think I paid about $12.50 each for my three pack.

What does everybody else think?

Comments

• lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    I'm still saving my PE for a special occasion that's hopefully coming in the near future..... Can't wait.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Yeah, very good cigars. I would buy a box if I had the cash.
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    Probably in the minority, but I thought it was just an ok cigar. I also found it to be very spongy and light, which I didn't mind because the burn ended up being good. It's the flavor profile that I didn't care for. In all fairness, I've only had one, so I should give it a couple of more shots before I make a final judgement. But as it stands right now, it's just an ok cigar.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    I've smoked two of the four I have, really liked them both. Nice flavors, great burn, lots of smoke. Really subtle flavors.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    I just got one in a retaliation snipe shot from Cholmes and I think that the PE & the GOF I just got for Fathers day are the most anticipated cigars in my Humi

• TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    mmmm. delicious cigar. If you call in your order to to Jeff Jackson, ask him to hook you up. If they have enough in stock, he's gotten me a couple great deals on them!
  • Duder2Duder2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 926
    I've had one so far and I thought it was very good. My buddy that was down wind from me kept saying that it smelled awesome too. I've got 4 more and will be keeping my eyes open for a deal to get more for sure!
    I'll have to call in when I get some more cash built up.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    sightunseen:
    Probably in the minority, but I thought it was just an ok cigar. I also found it to be very spongy and light, which I didn't mind because the burn ended up being good. It's the flavor profile that I didn't care for. In all fairness, I've only had one, so I should give it a couple of more shots before I make a final judgement. But as it stands right now, it's just an ok cigar.
    I actually agree, I smoked one of these awhile ago, and thought while it was decent smoke and good flavors, I didn't think too much was going on. At the time, I didn't see what all the hype was about or why it was priced as high as it was. It's a good smoke, just kinda feel it has some of the Opus X syndrome.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    jpclotfelter:
    The one gripe I have about this stick is that it burned pretty fast.
    the 1962 had the same issue. i love the flavors in that cigar but it burned too fast.
    the PE is a modified version of the 1962 so it does not surprise me that it burns a bit quick.
    this is the time that if you have a humi at 70% and one at 65% to pop the PE in the 70% one. a bit more RH will do it some good.
  • jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 294
    kuzi16:
    jpclotfelter:
    The one gripe I have about this stick is that it burned pretty fast.
    the 1962 had the same issue. i love the flavors in that cigar but it burned too fast.
    the PE is a modified version of the 1962 so it does not surprise me that it burns a bit quick.
    this is the time that if you have a humi at 70% and one at 65% to pop the PE in the 70% one. a bit more RH will do it some good.

I have noticed the same thing with the 1962. I have a handful of torpedoes in my humi and have noticed that they smoke in about 45 minutes...tops. But, it is a very good cigar.
  • GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
    I actually have a box of these from an awesome deal about a year ago. I agree that the sticks seem light and somewhat spongey but they are pretty darn good. I dont think they hold their price point but you would be hard pressed to find a $30 cigar that actually does.
    Goldy:
    you would be hard pressed to find a $30 cigar that actually does.
    +1
  • BeastcigarBeastcigar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 40
    Have a three set in the humi, not sure if I'll ever smoke them maybe when they hit 100 years! Ha haha
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    Agree with everyone, these things rule! And go on sale pretty often. Wish they werent 5 bill a box....wife would killlll meeeee!
  • kingjake720kingjake720 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 17
    I know what you mean. If they were less money i would definatly splurge for myself!! These cigars are the best ones that I have ever had in my life!!! The draw is amazing and the blend is amazing!! I just wish it didn't burn to fast. Other than that these are the best cigars for special occasions.
    kingjake720:
    I know what you mean. If they were less money i would definatly splurge for myself!! These cigars are the best ones that I have ever had in my life!!! The draw is amazing and the blend is amazing!! I just wish it didn't burn to fast. Other than that these are the best cigars for special occasions.
    One thing I was kinda amazed at, while burning a tad fast, the cigar remained pretty cool. Just wish I could afford to smoke these everyday!
  • GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
    If anyone is interested in a box split sometime shoot me a PM.
  • The CankThe Cank Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 799
    Goldy:
    If anyone is interested in a box split sometime shoot me a PM.

Now why did you have to go and say that ???? I know damn well I am in no position to do this but now I am going to spend the rest of today trying to figure out how I can swing this !
  • kingjake720kingjake720 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 17
    I'm just gonna stay with sampler packs. because they are to good smoke everyday!!
    I would jump on this too though I am strapped for the coin right now.
    The secret to getting these at a nice price is to beg your ccom sales rep. Last time I called in to Jeff Jackson and promised him a long night of sexual favors, he got them to me for around $10 a stick.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    A fellow BOTL has one for me on my next camping trip and I full well plan on sparking it when handed over!
    TatuajeVI:
    The secret to getting these at a nice price is to beg your ccom sales rep. Last time I called in to Jeff Jackson and promised him a long night of sexual favors, he got them to me for around $10 a stick.
    ouch, that's some good selling.
    phobicsquirrel:
    TatuajeVI:
    sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. :)
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    TatuajeVI:
    phobicsquirrel:
    TatuajeVI:
    sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. :)

Instead of charging you S&H they hit you with K&Y

HA