Home Ratings & Reviews

alec bradley select cabinet reserve robusto

cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
Just had one tonight picked from a newly arrived box at my local b&m. Tomorrow I'll be closing the lid on it and buying the rest of the box. If you get the chance, get some.

Comments

• t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    Very good to hear. I havent tried them yet, but have one in the humi waiting to get a little age on it. Can't wait.
  • Dustin1981Dustin1981 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 410
    I love this cigar. My favorite AB stick at this moment. I burned through them pretty quick luckily I have one left.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    cabinetmaker:
    Just had one tonight picked from a newly arrived box at my local b&m. Tomorrow I'll be closing the lid on it and buying the rest of the box. If you get the chance, get some.
    I've been trying to get a couple of these. I've been hoping to set up a trade but no one has any. I need to try the family blend too. I really wanted to do a trade for these but I might have to just buy a 5er of each or something. Glad you liked it, I've heard good things about both.
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    weird, i've had a couple resting for 4 months or more and i finally lit one up the other night. didn't like it. everybody has different tastebuds i guess
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    I really like the SCR, after a few months they really start to shine.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    I really enjoy the SCR, but as I've said before, I'm an Alec Bradley whore... I haven't had a bad smoke from the company. The Harvest 97 is the weakest link in the line that I have found, but is still a very tasty smoke and I enjoyed it very much! The top of the line for me would either be the Family Blend or the Pryme. The Pryme is getting impossible to find, but I hit the jackpot the other day. I stopped by the little B&M right around the corner from my new house and they had a box sitting in the humi! I asked the guy where he got them and he said he had them for over a year and they just don't sell. I told him I would be back when I had some extra money to take all of them I could!
  • ljlljl Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 819
    I really dig the SCR too. Right up there with Tempus for me. I've found that I do prefer the habano to the havest '97 original, just my .02$.
    sounds like i need to light up the other one i have resting. you all really like it and i trust your judgement. wonder if it was the food or beer it was paired with
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    I paired mine with a diet Dr. Pepper. It really brought out the flavors.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    cabinetmaker:
    Maybe its SCR week! I just had my first one on Monday also - absolutely delicious, razor sharp burn (and with the humidity in Missouri the last couple weeks, thats saying something!), excellent draw and a nice long finish. I personally didnt get a whole lot of complexity out of this one, but what I did get (lots of cedar, with some hints of leather) was Awesome with a capital A! I think I actually like this one better than their Tempus, and thats saying a lot!
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    Well, just bought the rest of the box. Gonna put 4 in a top drawer, and let the rest age.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    SCRs are a great smoke!! Probably my 2nd fav AB smoke, next to the Tempus. I haven't had the Prymus yet, are these discontinued?
  • undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    I've been all over this stick for a month. Picked up 12 and need to pick us some more.
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    I have 2 in the humidor waiting to be reviewed. Yesterday I was bombed with a box of Alec Bradley Prensados and 5 mystery sticks. I love the Prensado and have heard good things one this one. Can't wait to try it.
  • TumblerTumbler Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 338
    I guess I need to hit the bins a little harder. I really love the Tempes Centeriun and Had a prensadio that I loved and one not so much. I need to try the SCR. I was in my local shop and they were getting rid of the La flor double ligero chisel. They didnt have many, but now they have none.

On a different note - I am going to take a bike trip and it will be 3 days in some tough heat and then a week to recoup (the cigars that is) and then another 3 days back. I am not taking my top notch stuff, but I am taking some good stuff. Some I have in the black tat tubos and then in the humidor - the humidor is incased in a 2/12 gallon zip lock back. The moisture will be ok, but the heat maybe not so much. Any suggestions - besides give it up... :) smoke cigarettes :}
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Tumbler:
    I guess I need to hit the bins a little harder. I really love the Tempes Centeriun and Had a prensadio that I loved and one not so much. I need to try the SCR. I was in my local shop and they were getting rid of the La flor double ligero chisel. They didnt have many, but now they have none.

On a different note - I am going to take a bike trip and it will be 3 days in some tough heat and then a week to recoup (the cigars that is) and then another 3 days back. I am not taking my top notch stuff, but I am taking some good stuff. Some I have in the black tat tubos and then in the humidor - the humidor is incased in a 2/12 gallon zip lock back. The moisture will be ok, but the heat maybe not so much. Any suggestions - besides give it up... :) smoke cigarettes :}
    getting rid of the lfd? wow. I haven't had the chisel yet, I can't seem to think that they could beat the maduro. lol.
  • KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    cabinetmaker:
    I had my first one of these last weekend up at the lake. I loved it!!
    smoked another of these last night, sorry guys. it's like smoking a shoe or belt. too much leather for me. it's def. not my stick. I do love the Tempus and Maxx Brazilian though
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,048
    so i just had one of these....used a punch cutter for the first third...partly into the second third i cut it, and it opened up so much more and did get a bit better...but yeah, still a little to leathery to me but I have only had one other Alec Bradley and thats the Special Blend....ever get a chance to get one of these, and jump on them hard and fast, its a conneticut with tons of smoke and just dam good!
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    j0z3r:
    I really like the SCR, after a few months they really start to shine.
    +1. Just fired up a corona with about six months on it - age took a good stick and made it great! Super smooth, great finish, and a bit more spice than I remember it having. Excellent and highly recommended me bruddas! :-D

• bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    dennisking:
    smoked another of these last night, sorry guys. it's like smoking a shoe or belt. too much leather for me. it's def. not my stick. I do love the Tempus and Maxx Brazilian though
    I'm with Dennis on this one. I've had a few of these and really wanted to like them but I just couldn't. Not for me either but it's always cool to see how much other people like the cigars whose flavors aren't for you.
  • MarkerMarker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,524
    I really like the AB 97 Harvest. The SCR I have waiting for me but have not tried it. The AB tempus I had did not sit right with me but I will try one again. Seems the tempus is an AB favorite of many.
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    Tumbler:

Herfador!
  • grannejagranneja Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 382
    jsnake:
    I have 2 in the humidor waiting to be reviewed. Yesterday I was bombed with a box of Alec Bradley Prensados and 5 mystery sticks. I love the Prensado and have heard good things one this one. Can't wait to try it.
    +1 on the prensado. Great stick and is one of my favorites.