Home Ratings & Reviews

Cain Nub

JumperJumper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 135
I smoked two of these over the July 4th weekend and I was not let down a bit. The size I smoked was the 4x64 Torpedo in the Habano wrapper. I lit it with matches and cut it with a cheap guillotine cutter. On the first light, there is a strong spiciness that lasts only briefly and is then replaced with a slightly more earthy tone. The 1st third is dominated by a sort of generic tobacco flavor. I don't want to mislead you into thinking that it is not a very tasty, enjoyable flavor, it just is not very complex. Also, the burn was a little uneven for the 1st third. Nothing too serious The 2nd third of the cigar really opened up flavor-wise. I started getting leathery notes along with some cocoa. The cigar also smoothed out from it's spicier beginning at this stage. The burn corrected itself and was almost perfectly square. The final third was the best in my opinion. The cocoa flavor became a little more faint was joined by some coffee notes. The spice returned as well, though not with the force with which it arrived at the beginning of the cigar. The burn stayed even and the cigar never burned hot. I smoked it until it burned my fingers and was sad to have to put it down. The Cain Nub was a great cigar experience. With fine construction, fantastic flavor, and below a $7 price point, there is really nothing negative to say about this cigar. I would classify this as a full-bodied cigar, for sure. As far as a numerical rating, I wouldn't even know where to begin. I will say, however, that this is a contender for my new favorite cigar. If you like the Nub Habano or the Cain, definitely give this cigar a try.

Comments

• JumperJumper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 135
    Also, sorry that this post was not visually organized better. I need to take a Ccom Forums 101 class.
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,515
    Jumper:
    I smoked two of these over the July 4th weekend and I was not let down a bit. The size I smoked was the 4x64 Torpedo in the Habano wrapper. I lit it with matches and cut it with a cheap guillotine cutter.

On the first light, there is a strong spiciness that lasts only briefly and is then replaced with a slightly more earthy tone. The 1st third is dominated by a sort of generic tobacco flavor. I don't want to mislead you into thinking that it is not a very tasty, enjoyable flavor, it just is not very complex. Also, the burn was a little uneven for the 1st third. Nothing too serious

The 2nd third of the cigar really opened up flavor-wise. I started getting leathery notes along with some cocoa. The cigar also smoothed out from it's spicier beginning at this stage. The burn corrected itself and was almost perfectly square.

The final third was the best in my opinion. The cocoa flavor became a little more faint was joined by some coffee notes. The spice returned as well, though not with the force with which it arrived at the beginning of the cigar. The burn stayed even and the cigar never burned hot. I smoked it until it burned my fingers and was sad to have to put it down.

The Cain Nub was a great cigar experience. With fine construction, fantastic flavor, and below a $7 price point, there is really nothing negative to say about this cigar. I would classify this as a full-bodied cigar, for sure. As far as a numerical rating, I wouldn't even know where to begin. I will say, however, that this is a contender for my new favorite cigar. If you like the Nub Habano or the Cain, definitely give this cigar a try.
    Thanks. How do you make the spaces?
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    After your sentence, us a lesser than sign then "br" than a greater than sign..... no spaces or just go here:

http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/post/71003.aspx
    Awesome. Thanks.
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,515
  • ndhaon91ndhaon91 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 441
    Several weeks ago Sam Leccia came through town on his tour and paid a visit to my regular lounge. I asked him when the Cain F Nub was coming out and he handed me one out of his own pocket. A great cigar, and a great guy. He's very down to earth.
    Man, that's awesome. I've only heard good things about Sam.