Home Ratings & Reviews

Bad Nica Libre

2»

Comments

• rossdavey2rossdavey2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 979
    i have good and bad nica's. Not bad as such just some are not as good as others. great for the price. I do like it when I somke one after have a not great one and its like man these a great.
  • edhedh Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 61
    My boys and I smoked my last two CAO Brazilias and a Nica last week in honor of Brazil's defeat in the World Cup Quarterfinals. I let my boys pick first, and they took the Brazilias--yeah, they were the smart ones.

For me, the best thing about the Nica was its appearance. I didn't like the flavor, and the burn was one of the most uneven I've ever had. Considering it had over six months in my humi, I wasn't impressed. If I'm gonna go for a cheap maduro, I'll take an Alec Bradley MAXX over a Nica any day of the week.
  • kaipocruz1kaipocruz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 61
    EDH you are the man!!! I love me a maxx...especially the traditional toro (which is funny because it's not maxx sized anymore!)  Last weekI tried a LVH fuma brazilian maduro(which is in the price range of the nicas), and even with short filler it burned and tasted better than the nica's I've had.  This is a difficult thing for me to say because I love AJ <not in a weird way>  but the nica libre and gurkha sherpa (habano) are just terrible.
  • edhedh Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 61
    kaipocruz1:
    EDH you are the man!!! I love me a maxx...especially the traditional toro (which is funny because it's not maxx sized anymore!)  Last weekI tried a LVH fuma brazilian maduro(which is in the price range of the nicas), and even with short filler it burned and tasted better than the nica's I've had.  This is a difficult thing for me to say because I love AJ <not in a weird way>  but the nica libre and gurkha sherpa (habano) are just terrible.
    You gotta call 'em like you see 'em. For me, the MAXX is a very pleasant smoke. With the Nica, I just wanted it to end. I really like CCOM, but sometimes the hype machine goes into overdrive.

All this talk about the MAXX makes me wanna spark one up tonight.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    dennisking:
    every Nica Libre I have smoked has been great. sorry you had a bad experience. I actually enjoy these more than a Padron

Ditto
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Don't get me wrong, I loved the Nicas I had that were good. Would I smoke them over a regular line Padron? No. Personally I prefer the Padron. The Nica Libre in the petite corona (I guess that's the size... whatever the smallest size is) is certainly a stick I have considered buying a box of to lay down for an extended period of rest though. Writing a review of the Padron 2000 natural right now actually...
  • kaipocruz1kaipocruz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 61
    Padron 2000 natural...great great smoke! I love when I get one that taste like coffee bean all the way. If consistency had a numerical value this would be the benchmark for all others. At one point I was ordering these 6 boxes at a time, and I can only remember 1 stick out of the mountain of them that I smoked burning really bad...that's saying something in my book. Funny thing though, I really do not care for the maduro (which is what padron is known for!)