Home Non Cigar Related

Big Bad Dan...

2»

Comments

• PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    Dan, I understand your situation of loving this hobby and not having the cash to support it. I myself am a younger guy, 27 yoa, I just moved a few months ago and started a new job in the city of Dallas, and have a beautiful new 3 1/2 month old baby boy. I have a small humi that will hold around 25-30 smokes and it is fairly well stocked because I have ordered a few nice samplers and I do go to my local B&M on occasion. I can't afford to buy boxes and I can't afford to buy every cigar I would like to try, and I balance it out by only smoking usually 2 cigars a week, sometimes 3 if it's a REALLY good week! I started this little hobby about a year and a half ago. I am still fairly new to this forum as well but I can tell you there are some really great people on here that are very generous and are always willing to help out someone with advice or in some other way. But don't take advantage of that. I understand the thoughts running through everyones mind by reading your posts because honestly I was thinking the same thing, but if what all you have told us is true I wish you the best in this hobby and this forum. The only advise I have is to remember that this can be a pricey hobby and you have to live within your means.
  • BigDan.BigDan. Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 211
    first off congradulations on your baby i wish you the best of luck with fatherhood. i appologize if people on this site feel as if i am taking advantage of you because that is not what i am about and if you do feel that way than i will repay you as soon as i can because i dont want to be seen as a person who takes advantage of people because thats not what im about. i am aware of the priceyness of cigar smoking and how the hobby can add up actually i think its great it gives you time to move through it at a slower pace and i look forward to every smoke with anticipation. im just like you i smoke a few times a week, actually im moving it down to once a week but thats for more of a personal reason than a financial one but both play a huge factor. i constantly look on ebay and craigslist for cheap humidors sometimes people will sell them for like 5-10 dollars which is amazing.

ooh ya i keep forgetting to space out my posts haha so here is my little gap. anyways, i do agree with what you have said about the people on this forum. i have found that everyone here has been very welcoming and helpful and generous and i really appreciate it. i really got into the hobby through this site i learned to pay attention to things i would have never thought of. its great to be able to chat with people who have a great understanding of a hobby that you are interested in.
    i would love to save up and buy some samplers or even a box one day however im not old enough to do so and ive only found one site that allows you to be 18 and buy there cigars but i wasnt that thrilled with there selection. thank you for your support it means a lot.

best of luck

-Dan
  • ScramblerScrambler Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 746
    BigDan.:
    i dont want to be seen as a person who takes advantage of people because thats not what im about.
    Dan, I can't speak for everyone, but now that you've shared a bit more about yourself and your situation, I think it looks a lot less like you were trying to take advantage of people. Just stick around for a while, soak up the information, and return some favors when you get a chance and I'm sure all will be well.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Okay Dan, It has been a long time since I was 18, in fact my daughter is older than you are. I know what it is like to live with a young person today... I understand exactly how they think and how they act.. I am sure you are a nice guy.. I'm glad you took the time to tell all about yourself..
    Hang back a little, share when you can, and most of all be yourself. There are so many different personalities here, and I enjoy hearing the wide range of stories, knowledge, humor, experiences, and views of people here.
    I believe you are the youngest member, I may be one of the oldest, but still, we both enjoy many of the same things.. Cigars, music, entertainment, off color jokes, and hanging out here, to name a few.
    And thanks for working on the non- text speak.. That *** is a pain in the ass to read if you don't do it all the time.. Now here is the father part of me.. Stay in school and learn all you can. Knowledge never hurt anyone.
    kas.
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    "hang back a little, share when you can and most of all be yourself." Sound advice, Kas. Like my favorite line from Miller's Crossing, "take a page outta this guy's book. A little less you talk, and a little more you listen."

Kinda feel like we should hear from Shirley again on this here subject...
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    kaspera79:
    It has been a long time since I was 18, in fact my daughter is older than you are.
    Then why do you keep trying to fix me up with her? I told you: she's too old for me.
    Oh My God! Urbi's true identity is FINALLY revealed... IT'S MICHAEL JACKSON!!!! haha
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    PuroFreak:
    Oh My God! Urbi's true identity is FINALLY revealed... IT'S MICHAEL JACKSON!!!! haha
    He wasn't talking about his son. OH!
    j0z3r:
    PuroFreak:
    He wasn't talking about his son. OH!
    Oh yea! I guess that rule him out as Father Urbino too huh? HEHE
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    Awwwww, Sheriff Bart, Mongo straight!
  • rusiriusrusirius Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 564
    BigDan.:
    first thing first is im not getting my masters so im not sure where that came from unless i posted drunk which i do often.
    Yes, in one of your earlier posts as Big Dan you mentioned you were in school for your mba degree... I assumed this to mean Masters of Business Administration degree, which fit especially since you were claiming (at least in your profile) to be a "club owner"...
    BigDan.:
    Fact is, there are a lot of things I pointed out in my original post that you didn't address and/or seemingly don't have an explaination... Even your response contradicted those earlier posts (e.g. saying the cigars you bought were $3, when several times you mentioned in previous posts they were $7...) BUT... Let's not even bother going into it...

The fact of the matter is, aside from my original post here I've pretty much remained silent since and let things unfurl as they would... Regardless of the truths, since this post you've made quite an effort to remain a good standing part of this community. You could have simply curled your tail between your legs and went off in search of another forum... Yet you stuck in here, took it like a man, and most importantly of all made a clear effort to change.

Your posts since this issue came to light have been constructed such that they project someone who I wouldn't mind having a good conversation with. I think I as well as all the other members here truely appreciate the effort.

I'm sure all of us are more than willing to put this well behind us and begin anew.

Keep in mind however, and I think I speak for everyone when I say this, blowing a second chance wouldn't result in a third...
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    urbino:
    kaspera79:
    It has been a long time since I was 18, in fact my daughter is older than you are.
    Then why do you keep trying to fix me up with her? I told you: she's too old for me.
    Well Urbi the truth is, so that I can get closer to your Humidor> ;}