Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Bead Tubes

robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
I'm looking for 1-2 empty bead tubes... When I got my new humi I got a big tube of beads and now I see that I should have gone with 2-3 smaller tubes... I have stuff to trade if anyone has a few of the smaller tubes...
or any input on where to order them cheaply...

Comments

• docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Do you have the beads from your big tubes still? Just put the beads from in the big tubes into stockings, tied off into little bags.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    can you place them straight in the Humi like that? it won't cause problems, mainly with the ceder?
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Yeah. Even active, moistened beads shouldn't be dripping wet or anything, so it would be fine.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    should work like a charm, and congratulations on your new humi, what did u get?
  • Dustin1981Dustin1981 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 410
    Something else you could do is take a couple of empty cigar tubes and put holes in them and fill those with the beads.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    So, I see this right now, and I threw away two of the 4 ounce heartfelt tubes last night! If only today wasn't garbage day I totally would have hooked you up :-(
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    Dustin1981:
    Something else you could do is take a couple of empty cigar tubes and put holes in them and fill those with the beads.
    This is precisely what I've done, and so far it's worked out pretty groovy.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    Hays:
    Dustin1981:
    Works like a charm! And you can take a tubing on the go for a vacation. Throw it in your herfador and your cigars stay humidified.
  • SmokeeeSmokeee Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 221
    I did the stocking thing, and it worked like a charm! ;)
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    TatuajeVI:
    Hays:
    Dustin1981:
    Works like a charm! And you can take a tubing on the go for a vacation. Throw it in your herfador and your cigars stay humidified.
    Made mine at Tat's house and use it in my humi and herfador. Works well.....just one thing don't make the holes too big or the beads will all fall out and it's kinda messy.
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    Sandman1am:
    TatuajeVI:
    Hays:
    Dustin1981:
    Made mine at Tat's house and use it in my humi and herfador. Works well.....just one thing don't make the holes too big or the beads will all fall out and it's kinda messy.
    Agreed. I used the needle point on a compass (the type you draw with), and found that it worked best with aluminum tubes. My first plan was to use plastic ones, as I thought they would take the holes better, but they all ended up cracking before I finished poking the holes. Not to mention, all the tubos I used were from ISOM sticks, so that's kind of a cool addition to the humi.