Home Ratings & Reviews

La Flor Dominicana

rdnstnrdnstn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 991
Anyone tried these? The B&M is having an event to meet Lito Gomez and I was thinking about attending but wanted some opinions on the cigars.

Comments

• kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    rdnstn:
    Anyone tried these? The B&M is having an event to meet Lito Gomez and I was thinking about attending but wanted some opinions on the cigars.
    I love the La Flor Dominicana Cameroon Cabinet #1. This cigar is one of the best finds I have made based on comments posted here. No bands, no cello, not the most beautiful cigar you will ever see, but the taste, and burn GREAT. Get some and you will not be disappointed. If you don't like them, I will trade or buy them off you. I enjoy them that much.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    i have a double ligero in my humi right now resting. not ready yet but as soon as i smoke it youll know.
  • dep691dep691 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 311
    I agree with kaspera, cant go wrong with LGC cigars. Kinda like a JPG or Padron line, cant go wrong really with them.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    I have had both the Ligero and Double ligero and they are amazing smokes! I would highly recomend going to this one. They are a great smoke! I wish they would come to my local B&M because I would go for sure. The only thing I know of that we have coming is the Macanudo which I'm not all that excited about and I'll be out of town that day anyway.
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    Everything I've heard about the Ligero and Double Ligero's are great. I have a double Ligero Lancero resting, I wanna get to that soon.
  • vankleekkwvankleekkw Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 404
    The DL has some bite to it. I have had both the natural and Maduro. The Maduro did nothing for me, but the natural has some great flavors. It compares to a better Joya de Nic Antano. I have a couple of the other blends in the humidor including the Mysterio waiting for the right day.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Kas took the words out of my keyboard about the Cameroon Cabinet #1, in fact I think I found tonight's smoke...see ya guys.
  • BigDan.BigDan. Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 211
    madurofan:
    Everything I've heard about the Ligero and Double Ligero's are great. I have a double Ligero Lancero resting, I wanna get to that soon.

what exactly is a ligero
    BigDan.:
    madurofan:

what exactly is a ligero
    The second highest set of leaves on a tobacco plant. They are noted for giving a cigar body.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    j0z3r:
    BigDan.:
    madurofan:

what exactly is a ligero
    The second highest set of leaves on a tobacco plant. They are noted for giving a cigar body.
    this is due to both the amount of time spend on the plant and the exposure to the sun.
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    Well not much I can add to that except, Yep.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    A couple of month's ago I had a La Flor Dominicana perfecto... I don't know anything else about it, but it was very very tasty (and small only about 4 inches long but burned for a long time)
  • SmokeRingSmokeRing Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 61
    I've smoked quite a few of the La Flor Dominica line and I especially like the Double Ligero #700, which is a dark natural wrapper. The Grand Maduro #6 is yummy so are the Reserva El Jocko Perfectos in both natural and maduro. However, every La Flor Dominica I've smoked have been strong enough to make them after dinner smokes, you've been warned! :-) Cheers!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    SmokeRing:
    I've smoked quite a few of the La Flor Dominica line and I especially like the Double Ligero #700, which is a dark natural wrapper. The Grand Maduro #6 is yummy so are the Reserva El Jocko Perfectos in both natural and maduro. However, every La Flor Dominica I've smoked have been strong enough to make them after dinner smokes, you've been warned! :-) Cheers!
    Hey smoke, One of my favorites is the La Flor Dominicana Cameroon Cabinet #1.. Remarkable smoke but getting tough to find..I noticed tons of flavor but not really the strength you mentioned, I have let mine sit for a while which may have mellowed them out a little.
    kaspera79:
    SmokeRing:
    Hey smoke, One of my favorites is the La Flor Dominicana Cameroon Cabinet #1.. Remarkable smoke but getting tough to find..
    Fortunately this one is still in production, it just takes a long time and comes in such limited quantities. These just get better with more time on them too, I can't wait to see what they're like with a year on them.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    I had another La Flor last week, the Double Ligero and again an AWESOME smoke! Not sure exactly what size, but it was around 6" with a large ring ga. Guessing 56+
    I enjoyed it during a great day of Golf at Tour 18 here in Dallas. If you don't know what that is, it's replicas of the 18 most famous holes in America. Without a doubt one of the toughest courses I've ever played, the 30mph wind didn't help, and had a wonderful time. The cigar was fantastic as all the La Flor Doms I've had have been. this is one I'm going to have to keep on hand! Can't wait to try the Cameroon Cabinet!!
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    So what would the highest part of the leaf be?