Home Non Cigar Related

Favorite Crappy Beer?

sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
I only ask because a friend of mine prefers to drink room-temperature Busch Light.

I've been known to drink the occasional Rolling Rock.

Comments

• LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Hmmmm... This is a tough one....
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    Lasabar:
    Haha, I think most of the board has a pretty good idea of yours.
  • doromathdoromath Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 576
    PBR tops the list, with Natty Lite a close second.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    sightunseen:
    Lasabar:
    Haha, I think most of the board has a pretty good idea of yours.
    'Tis True.... 'tis true
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    crappy? not sure if its crappy.... but it is cheap:
    Honey brown

even better on tap. WAY better on tap.
  • Andrew DzikoskiAndrew Dzikoski BlogAdministrator, Everyone, ForumsAdministrator, Moderator, Owners, Registered Users, Trusted Users Posts: 338
    Lions head If you can find it. They even have little puzzles under the caps that are fun to solve.
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    Lions head If you can find it. They even have little puzzles under the caps that are fun to solve.
    That sounds fun. There's a cheap beer called Session Lager that's available in my area. Underneath the cap is a drawing of either a rock, paper, or scissors.
  • MatthewGuzmanMatthewGuzman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1
    I second that.  I always end up with a Keystone Light in my hand(s) somehow...not great but drinkable.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    Ew, man. I can't stand Keystone Light. Some of my German friends agree, too. It's bubbly piss water. For me, my favorite crap beer is Miller
  • HaybletHayblet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,400
    back in the "day" Natty Light or Keystone would have been my drink of choice then before I learned about REAL Bier I would have said Miller Lite...
  • wwesternwwestern Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,386
    When I think crappy beer I think massive produced beer you can find anywhere, and of that I'd say miller lite's my favorite.
    wwestern:
    When I think crappy beer I think massive produced beer you can find anywhere, and of that I'd say miller lite's my favorite.
    You and Lassie will become very good friends.
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,515
    doromath:
    exactly what i was gonna say
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    doromath:
    Yes to PBR. The only crappy beer worth drinking! You're crazy if you think I'm going to agree with Natty Lite - I'd rather drink Colt .45 over that garbage!
  • vegassparkyvegassparky Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 365
    Tecate with a lime...tastes like water to me
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    kuzi16:
    Honey brown

Honey Brown on tap is just off the hook, in fact, I like most of the stuff JW Dundee puts out but it is pretty hard to find in So. Cal. I have to go all the way to San Diego to find it on tap.
    bandyt09:
    kuzi16:
    Honey brown

Honey Brown on tap is just off the hook, in fact, I like most of the stuff JW Dundee puts out but it is pretty hard to find in So. Cal. I have to go all the way to San Diego to find it on tap.
    honey brown is great. have a liquer store close to my house that stocks it.
  • babsdpubabsdpu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 143
    Oh man, Honey Brown! College flashback!!!
    I'd say any of the Bud/Miller/Lite incarnations because I can't really tell the difference between any of them...they're all equally bad.
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    Miller Lite fo sho (enjoying one right now actually), although I don't really consider it crappy, just mass produced. I really enjoy a wide variety of craft beers and imports, but don't have a problem with ol' Miller Lite as my "go-to" (to borrow a BORK term).

Now, for a pretty cheap crappy beer, I'd go with either Natty Light or Busch heavy.
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    vegassparky:
    You ever had one with salt? i.e. either salt the rim of a glass like a margarita or if you're drinking a can, just shove the top into a container of kosher salt then sqeeze lime all over the top. It ain't bad. Then again, I guess if you add a bunch of salt and lime to just about anything it will taste half-way decent!
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
  • docedwardsdocedwards Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 319
    Meister Brau by Miller. I think they quit making it. (Remember Eddie in Christmas Vacation?) Drank it years ago when it was dirt cheap, (no wonder), and it was all I could afford.
  • docedwardsdocedwards Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 319
    One more comes to mind and this one will tell my age. Malt Duck brewed by Heileman for about 20 years beginning in the early '70's. Actually a malt liquor. They made it in apple and grape, which I drank a lot of. May have been other flavors but not sure.
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    in college, i drank beast and beast ice and every once in a while, for a treat, black label.

/shudder
    Heavy:
    vegassparky:
    You ever had one with salt? i.e. either salt the rim of a glass like a margarita or if you're drinking a can, just shove the top into a container of kosher salt then sqeeze lime all over the top. It ain't bad. Then again, I guess if you add a bunch of salt and lime to just about anything it will taste half-way decent!
    yep done that in the can. and the lime adds flavor...kinda like lemon in water.
  • ug danug dan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 375
    I drank out a bars supply of Schlitz in Ely, Nevada. Took me two nights and thats the only time I've seen it. PBR is good enough too.
  • Dustin1981Dustin1981 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 410
    kuzi16:
    Honey brown

I have always liked Honey Brown. They had some of the best commercials back in there day. Obey the Beer God!
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    Bud Light....Now as everyone is lighting their flame throwers.....It is my "favorite" "crappy" beer....but then lifes to effin short to drink crapy beer.....matter of fact im drinking some imperial stout....
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Fat Tire ...not crappy by any stretch of the imagination ... time to re-load thr fridge !
  • SmokeeeSmokeee Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 221
    Coors/Miller/Bud Light... and in that prefered order