Home Non Cigar Related

Perhaps a growing dictator??

phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/features/2010/10/sarah-palin-201010

Sarah Palin... yes I said it. I dunno, this article is rather interesting.. There are a lot of red flags, and it seems like this sort of "lies and secrets" thing that Palin and now the would-be governor in Arizona thrive on seems to really work. I don't get how people who don't debate or at least come out in an open forum and when do can't form any complete sentences or really use facts can be so popular. Anyway I'm sure you'll flame the hell out of this but in any case try to read the article. I was actually surprised to hear that the author went into this a pro-palin.

Comments

• wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    Don't mean sound like a d!ck, but for some reason, I can't find any verifiable sources for this article. Not only that, so Palin's making a speech. So what? She's not the one wasting billions of dollars "investigating" whether video games make kids violent or not. Nor is she voting herself a pay raise every year. Nor is she wasting billions moving into a new office that looks more like a palace or demanding a brand new jet for Congress.

Not only that, if Obama or Pelosi made this same speech, they would be lauded as heroes and saints by the mostly leftist media (excluding Fox News).

Disclaimer: I'm not a dem or rep loyalist. I find myself somewhere in the middle of the political spectrum but leaning towards the right.
  • wwesternwwestern Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,386
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    We already have 3 dictators, one in the white house, speaker of the house, and senate majority leader. 2 of the 3 will be gone after November leaving just one left. Still one too many, though.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    to be a real dictator you have to be a part of the government. last time i checked (though it has been a moment) she was not an elected or appointed official. at this moment she is not running for anything. im not to worried about her at all.
    many of the concepts within that article could be said about Hillary Clinton as well... or any other politician/pundit.

whatever.

what i found most interesting about this article was the first comment in the comments section. it starts out:

"To me, Sarah Palin is a dangerous woman. She is filled with hatred and is by far the most RACIST WOMAN in AMERICA...."

now... im no huge fan of palin. in fact, i dont care at all about her. but this just made me laugh. the race card being thrown at the political right is so tired and old its almost laughable. not only that, the commenter never explained why he/she thought this way. no quotes. no theories on why. no policy that palin wrote referenced. nothing. (the commenter did say "Palin says these things in a way that goes right to the edge of being explicitly racist. Right to the edge, without having to hear people say “oh she’s such a racist,” when in fact she really is." but again not a single quote or explanation to back it up)
    if you are gunna take the time to type out a paragraph as long as this person did, at least take the time to make it worth reading. "being white" does not make one racist. i fear that the commenter believes that it does.

again, whatever. i wouldnt expect much more out of a reader of Vanity Fair.
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    I have to admit that I hate it when our elected officials waste millions on foolishness, like when Ken Starr spent fifty five million of our dollars to find out if Clinton was....
    Amos Umwhat:
    I have to admit that I hate it when our elected officials waste millions on foolishness, like when Ken Starr spent fifty five million of our dollars to find out if Clinton was....
    but that was such an INTERESTING report!! a real page turner....

but seriously, i agree.

and one more quickie about palin...
    i dont think she has the ability to be a dictator. yeah... she can get a crowd to react, but thats not all it takes to be a real dictator. she doesnt have it.
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    Squirrel....nice to see you back, but why even try?? I dont know about dictator, but I share your sentiments about her. I think it is sad, but also VERY VERY scary (beyond belief actually) that she has such a following. It shows that our country is getting dumber and dumber in my opinion and more toward a backward religious state that operates on rumor and scare tactics...I thought that was over with Bush, but I was wrong. No one on earth right now irritates me and scares the hell out of me for out future than Palin.
    Vulchor:
    operates on rumor and scare tactics...I thought that was over with Bush, but I was wrong.
    almost all politicians operate on scare tactics. it will never end. not with Obama, not with Palin, not with the republicans, not with the democrats, not with anybody.

politicians understand that fear and worry motivate.

palin is using scare tactics.
    people on the left are using scare tactics to counter her scare tactics...

big deal.

Palin is not someone to be feared. she will end up as a one time blip on the political radar.
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    kuzi16:
    Vulchor:
    operates on rumor and scare tactics...I thought that was over with Bush, but I was wrong.
    almost all politicians operate on scare tactics. it will never end. not with Obama, not with Palin, not with the republicans, not with the democrats, not with anybody.

politicians understand that fear and worry motivate.

palin is using scare tactics.
    people on the left are using scare tactics to counter her scare tactics...

big deal.

Palin is not someone to be feared. she will end up as a one time blip on the political radar.
    Agreed. Especially the part about fear, the ace in the hole oldest trick in the book non-stop around the clock genuine guaranteed path to power, terrorize the public and promise that you are their only salvation. Works every time.
    As for Palin, seriously, dictator? I think she's well meaning, misguided, naive, and remarkably easy on the eyes. (there, I said it! meant it, too. Let the wrath of NOW be on my head!)
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    She holds no office and is a private citizen voicing her concerns, whats wrong with that? Frankly I never have understood why you guys on the left are so scared of her. Most of us thinking right wingers would never vote for her because she is not that important on the political scene but you guys make out like she is the leader of some revolution or something. She is a lot LESS scary than the Speaker of Propaganda Pelosi and I don't have to pay her salary or provide her a jet. The guy you should be concerned about that is funneling our economy down the toliet at an alarming rate is probably on vacation somewhere on your dime. BTW, I have a new player for you, Marco Rubio! Remember that I was the one who told you.
  • SmokeeeSmokeee Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 221
    Palin a dictator??
    I laughed so hard, I almost peed my pants!
    You didnt tell me anything about Rubio---I live in FL and have heard of him for years. Additionally, "us liberals" (and sane minded people) are scared of her because we fear she may embody the new American ideal of talk first, think later, and get edumacated last if at all....but have babies, love Jesus, f*uck Muslims, and shoot guns......YEEEEEHAW!!!
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    Vulchor:
    You didnt tell me anything about Rubio---I live in FL and have heard of him for years. Additionally, "us liberals" (and sane minded people) are scared of her because we fear she may embody the new American ideal of talk first, think later, and get edumacated last if at all....but have babies, love Jesus, f*uck Muslims, and shoot guns......YEEEEEHAW!!!
    I've always wondered about this. How come it's usually the guys on the far left of the political spectrum are the quickest to say "you're an ignorant bigot"? Not only that, the unwashed masses have been crying for smaller government for decades and now, they're finally organizing. What's wrong with that? Besides, so Sarah Palin's delivering speeches. So what? It's usually the leftist media that keeps reporting about her and demonizing her. What they don't know is that if they just stopped caring altogether, Palin wouldn't have so much coverage. Negative attention is still attention.
  • mrpillowmrpillow Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 464
    I'm a gun toting southerner and I say *** Sarah Palin. It isn't her political agenda that is harboring the new wave of idiocracy found in her followers, it is the massive idiocracy of the American people that permits her to have such a following.

Stupid is as stupid does, and unfortunately America has a whole lot of stupid floating around. On ALL sides of the political and social specturm. Peoples own views however make it much easier to see the idiots by the river trying to swim up the waterfall, than see that the people in your own camp are trying to make a canoe out of toilet paper.
    Mr.Pillow-----best post of the day sir.
    Vulchor:
    "us liberals" (and sane minded people)
    ...not necessarily the same thing.
    kuzi16:
    Vulchor:
    Usually quite the opposite.
    cabinetmaker:
    kuzi16:
    Vulchor:
    not necessarily.

both sides have their nut-jobs.
    kuzi16:
    cabinetmaker:
    kuzi16:
    Vulchor:
    not necessarily.

both sides have their nut-jobs.
    True. Problem is, all the other sides nut jobs are currently running the country. Into the ground.
    I know right-----The Bushies and Haliburtons did it so well for 8 years.
    Vulchor:
    I know right-----The Bushies and Haliburtons did it so well for 8 years.
    seriously guys.... this is quickly getting away here.
    these little jabs at each other are what eventually turn into name calling.

cant we play nice for even a moment?

it IS true that both sides have their nut jobs. pointing them out over and over again does nothing more than alienate others. if we are gunna get passionate about things here lets at least make it over policy or theory; not over something that we all agree on like "politicians are stupid"

lets all get off our collective high horses, quit throwing out jabs and reasons to hate each other and discuss ideas and solutions, not why some people are stupider than others

and in all fairness, nobody is claiming that bush did a good job.
    bush (or any other individual) is not an accurate representation of any political party. bush does not speak for all republicans just as pelosi does not speak for all democrats just as bob barr does not speak for all libertarians.
    Bush's 8 years are over. he is not coming back. there is no need to run against him.

side note:
    the word "stupider" did not set off my spell check.
    kuzi16:
    lets all get off our collective high horses...
    But the saddle up here fits so nicely.
    kuzi16:
    side note:
    the word "stupider" did not set off my spell check.
    i dont exactly know why.... but i was thinking of this all day....

he he he.... "stupider"