Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

The Game of Football---Season 2

Comments

• VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    Lol---Thank you suspect for the kind words and likely sarcasm. For the playoffs and college indeed, I will participate occasionally, but my game has just begun to bore me-----guess Im the only one.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    Vulchor:
    Lol---Thank you suspect for the kind words and likely sarcasm. For the playoffs and college indeed, I will participate occasionally, but my game has just begun to bore me-----guess Im the only one.
    If you wanna start a new thread, more along the lines of your suggested change, then I'm in... if not, i'm cool... I can do either or both...
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
    Vulchor:
    ;-)
    robbyras:
    Vulchor:
    If you wanna start a new thread, more along the lines of your suggested change, then I'm in... if not, i'm cool... I can do either or both...
    I like this idea a lot more. This is my second year playing this game and I've always enjoyed it exactly as it is. Vulchor, and others, I believe you are looking for something more alongs the lines of gambling which I rarely involve myself in. I've always viewed this thread as a great way to enjoy the football season, play a rather simple game, and trade around some cigars as well. I, personally, would have great appreciation if this thread remained the same.
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    Who said anything about gambling??? I'll bet any amount of money you want that I like gambling less than you ;)
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,487
    I know my picks are just for fun

Jets
    Bengals
    Ravens
    Titans
    Packers
    Falcons
    Saints
    Colts
    Texans
    Eagles
    Chargers
    Giants

MNF Patriots 43
    Vulchor:
    Who said anything about gambling??? I'll bet any amount of money you want that I like gambling less than you ;)
    It just seems more like gambling to me. Wow.... took me a second to get the irony in that! Even with the winking smiley face and all.....
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Ok, for this week my picks are:

NYJ, Cin, Pit, Tenn, GB, ATL, NO, Sea, IND, Hou, Phi, SD, Chi, - Miami - 48
  • SmokeeeSmokeee Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 221
    Vulchor:
    Sure seems a better bet to me getting a nice little package with a few dozen cigars than just getting a handful and then shipping out another handful 5 days later.
    Personally, I stay away from the high-stakes games here.... just don't have the room for big bombs. I started collecting cigars as a "small" hobby on the side & have no intentions of it being anything other than "small".
    Jets
    Bengals
    Steelers
    Titans
    GB
    49ers
    NO
    Rams
    Colts
    Texans
    Eagles
    Chargers
    Bears

MNF = NE 39
    Here are my week 4 picks... NY Jets
    Cleveland Browns
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    Tennessee Titans
    GB Packers
    SF 49ers
    NO Saints
    St. Louis Rams
    Indianapolis Colt
    Houston Texans
    Washington Redkins
    San Diego Chargers
    Chicago Bears

MNF
    Miami Dolphins - 44
    Smokeee:
    Vulchor:
    Sure seems a better bet to me getting a nice little package with a few dozen cigars than just getting a handful and then shipping out another handful 5 days later.
    Personally, I stay away from the high-stakes games here.... just don't have the room for big bombs. I started collecting cigars as a "small" hobby on the side & have no intentions of it being anything other than "small".
    Oh to be so disciplined. We have much to learn from you oh wise and knowledgable Smokeee.
    Jocelyn's picks:

Philadelphia
    Houton
    San Diego
    NYJ
    New Orleans
    Detroit
    San Fran
    St. Louis
    Jacksonville
    Baltimore (Girl loves her Ravens)
    Cincy
    Denver
    NYG
    Tampa Bay
    Dallas

New England = 7pts
    Wow! Jay Cutler gets benched and if the NY Giants pull this game off, Jocelyn will have the sole lead going into MNF making us all look foolish.

Someone send that girl some Gerber!
    Alright fellas, here are the statistics going into MNF:

robbyras - 8 (picks Miami) only person to pick Redskins or Browns
    clearlysuspect - 7 (picks New England)
    Ripp - 7 (picks New England)

Krieg - 6
    Smokeee - 6
    Diamondog - 4

Jocelyn - 9...... That's right people. We all trail the 9 month old going into MNF!!! only person to pick Jaguars

Also, kudos to kingjk (ineligible) for selecting 8 correct picks so far this week as well.
    soooo... let's go Dolphins? Am I winning or is Jocelyn winning...
    robbyras:
    You're winning. Jocelyn doesn't count. She is just the standard in this game by which we measure our NFL incompetency. So yes, you are winning, if you consider getting outpicked, like the rest of us, by a 9 month old girl winning!!!
  • JZJZ Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 827
    clearlysuspect:
    Alright fellas, here are the statistics going into MNF:

robbyras - 8 (picks Miami) only person to pick Redskins or Browns
    clearlysuspect - 7 (picks New England)
    Ripp - 7 (picks New England)

Krieg - 6
    Smokeee - 6
    Diamondog - 4

Jocelyn - 9...... That's right people. We all trail the 9 month old going into MNF!!! only person to pick Jaguars

Also, kudos to kingjk (ineligible) for selecting 8 correct picks so far this week as well.
    You didnt include my totals. It was posted above yours on page 6. I had 6 right going into MNF which takes me out of the running, so on second thought it was nice not to post my pathetic score!!
    clearlysuspect:
    robbyras:
    You're winning. Jocelyn doesn't count. She is just the standard in this game by which we measure our NFL incompetency. So yes, you are winning, if you consider getting outpicked, like the rest of us, by a 9 month old girl winning!!!
    ha... i'll take what i can get... let's go DOLPHINS!
    Well by my count Clearly wins ....... Ripp and robby have miami as there mnf pics and clearly and robby both finish with 8 wins ............ robby 44pts clearly 47 pts ........... total mnf pts 55 ........... Hit me up with your info clearly and I'll ready a package for you .
    kingjk729:
    Well by my count Clearly wins ....... Ripp and robby have miami as there mnf pics and clearly and robby both finish with 8 wins ............ robby 44pts clearly 47 pts ........... total mnf pts 55 ........... Hit me up with your info clearly and I'll ready a package for you .
    Actually, Ripp is the winner. You stating that he picked Miami to win made me go back to my spreadsheet and check it for accuracy because I had him down as picking New England. I think I was reading a lot of JZ's picks who posted just below him as I transcribed the teams to the Excel document. Long story short, I had a lot of picks wrong and after a revamp and a recount, Ripp has 9 correct picks.

Sorry for the confusion. I'll try to double check my tracking spreadsheet for now on. Congratulations Ripp!!!
  • RippRipp Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 125
    Lets make sure we triple check!
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Week 5

Jaguars
    Baltimore
    IND
    STL
    Chi
    Cin
    ATL
    NY
    NO
    Ten
    SD
    phil
    Min - 32
    Here are my week 5 picks:

JAC, HOU, IND, TB, GB, STL, CHI, ATL, BAL, NO, TEN, OAK, SF - MONDAY NIGHT NYJ 43
  • JZJZ Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 827
    JAC
    NYG
    IND
    CIN
    GB
    DET
    CAR
    ATL
    BAL
    NO
    DAL
    SD
    PHI
    MNF

MIN 38 points
    here we go ...............
    Bears
    Bengals
    Lions
    Texans
    Ravens
    Falcons
    Colts
    Jags
    Packers
    Saints
    Cowboys
    Chargers
    Niners

MNF Vikings 47
    By the way if any on has Ripp's address i need just the address i have pm'd twice and i got his package but it was mailed from the ups store and has their address ... i peeled off their label as it was a box that shipped to him from ccom .... and the physical address got jacked up .... if you have the addy please pm me ... thanks
    Jax
    Denver
    Indy
    Green Bay
    St. Louis
    Chicago
    Cincy
    ATL
    Houston
    New Orleans
    Dallas
    San Diego
    San Fransisco
    NY Jets = 32 pts
    Jax
    Ravens
    Chiefs
    Foreskins
    Rams
    Bears
    Ben-gals
    Falcons
    TX
    NO
    Boys
    SD
    SF

MNF= Jets 45
    Jocelyn's Picks:

Jacksonville
    Baltimore (This girls first words will probably be "Go Ravens!" She hasn't picked against them yet!)
    Kansas City
    Green Bay
    Detroit
    Chicago
    Cincinatti
    Atlanta
    Houston
    New Orleans
    Tennessee
    San Diego
    Philadelphia
    NY Jets = 50 pts