Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

The Game of Football---Season 2

Comments

• clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
    Pushing the deadline here. Still 15 minutes to go!!!
    NE
    NO
    NYJ
    NYG
    PIT
    HOU
    GB
    CLE
    MIN
    KC
    OAK
    PHI
    STL
    BAL
    IND
    ARI = 34 pts
    robbyras:
    MAn what a BAD Monday night game! MNF San Fran 40

Right!!! Do they have to make sure every team gets a MNF game or something? The NFL is saying "We'll just knock these two birds out with one stone rather than stinking up 2 seperate weeks!"
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,487
    Ok by my count we have another close week with MNF deciding the winner standings are

Clearly 11 Airzona MNF
    KingJK 11 SF MNF
    Rob 9 out
    JZ 9 out

So the winner will be decided by this weeks exciting MNF game, if Arizona wins Clearly wins and if San Fran wins its me.
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    King----Clearly............whoever wins, PM me your addy as I will be heading to the post office in the AM tomorrow and hopefully can get ur package out asap.
    clearlysuspect:
    robbyras:

Right!!! Do they have to make sure every team gets a MNF game or something? The NFL is saying "We'll just knock these two birds out with one stone rather than stinking up 2 seperate weeks!"
    Its just the crazy @ss NFL over the last few years. Dont forget, when the year schedules were made this matchup was between the 2 time playoff (recent super bowl) team defending the NFC west crownAND the new team in the west who was projected to be a top team in the NFC if not the entire league going into this year.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    Vulchor:
    clearlysuspect:
    robbyras:

Its just the crazy @ss NFL over the last few years. Dont forget, when the year schedules were made this matchup was between the 2 time playoff (recent super bowl) team defending the NFC west crownAND the new team in the west who was projected to be a top team in the NFC if not the entire league going into this year.
    I have to agree with Vulchor on this one they schedule these games way in advance. If they just gave everyone a shot at them then you would see the Lions, Browns, and Panthers up there too. Even though some may say that 2 of these 3 teams are getting better???
    Its the way NFL goes now----next year we will have the Bucs, Chiefs, Rams, and Browns polluting the MNF games (although I do like K.C. and Cleveland)----most of which will do no better...or worse than this year. Meanwhile....there will be some team that goes 12-4 (Houston, Seattle, or Cincinnatti---w/o Marvin Lewis) who will get no MNF game. At least we can rely on the Cowboys and Redskins being VASTLY overplayed by the national TV market.
    Vulchor:
    Its the way NFL goes now----next year we will have the Bucs, Chiefs, Rams, and Browns polluting the MNF games (although I do like K.C. and Cleveland)----most of which will do no better...or worse than this year. Meanwhile....there will be some team that goes 12-4 (Houston, Seattle, or Cincinnatti---w/o Marvin Lewis) who will get no MNF game. At least we can rely on the Cowboys and Redskins being VASTLY overplayed by the national TV market.
    You know we just had this conversation at my local watering hole. Granted I agree that while those teams are rebuilding that they will prob. not be much better next year. I wish I could say something different about my Lions but feel that they are in the same boat. They just haven't earned the MNF game. The teams that are going to be contenders don't always get the games which sucks because I believe they deserve it. It all comes down to the bottom line and the $ that the NFL will make filling the stands and getting people to watch. Which is why they are trying to expand the market to Europe.

Which brings me to Thanksgiving Day game. Granted my Lions are 2 and whatever, who's really counting anyway, but they started the tradition back in 1934 of Thanksgiving Day games. The owner did it to boost attendance. The NFL went to the Franchise recently and told them that they would have to step aside from holding the Thanksgiving game at home and let other teams have a piece of the pie. The Lions did what I feel was the right thing and told the NFL to shove it and they were going to stink up the air with the game because they started the tradition and they were going to continue the tradition.

I think the Lions made the right choice because who doesn't think of the Lions on Thanksgiving day? I grew up watching them suck and lose almost every year and loved it. Families here in MI skip or postpone Thanksgiving to go watch the Lions lay down for their competition. They would be sadly missed. Now the NFL did the smart thing and expanded twice once in 1950 to two games and again in 2006 to three games.

Sorry I'm done ranting and raving now.
    kingjk729:
    Ok by my count we have another close week with MNF deciding the winner standings are

Clearly 11 Airzona MNF
    KingJK 11 SF MNF
    Rob 9 out
    JZ 9 out

So the winner will be decided by this weeks exciting MNF game, if Arizona wins Clearly wins and if San Fran wins its me.
    Well, it appears that the "King" will continue his rule of this game this year. Congratulations your majesty! LOL. No, seriously. Congrats!
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    clearlysuspect:
    kingjk729:

Clearly 11 Airzona MNF
    KingJK 11 SF MNF
    Rob 9 out
    JZ 9 out

Well, it appears that the "King" will continue his rule of this game this year. Congratulations your majesty! LOL. No, seriously. Congrats!
    damn King, you should start making some bets in Vegas!
  • JZJZ Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 827
    Thu, Dec 02

HOU @ PHI

Sun, Dec 05

BUF @ MIN
    CLE @ MIA
    JAC @ TEN
    NO @ CIN
    DEN @ KC
    CHI @ DET
    SF @ GB
    WAS @ NYG
    OAK @ SD
    ATL @ TB
    DAL @ IND
    STL @ ARI
    CAR @ SEA
    PIT @ BAL

Mon, Dec 06

NYJ @ NE
    Phi
    Min
    Mia
    Jac
    NO
    KC
    NYG
    Chi
    GB
    SD
    Atl
    Ind
    Stl
    Sea
    Pit

MNF NE 44 points
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    PHI

Sun, Dec 05

BUF
    MIA
    JAC
    NO
    KC
    CHI
    GB
    NYG
    SD
    ATL
    IND
    ARI
    SEA
    PIT

Mon, Dec 06

NE
    Even though I am exempt here are my pics..........

Eagles
    Vikes
    Fins
    Jags
    Saints
    Chiefs
    Packers
    Giants
    Chargers
    Falcons
    Colts
    Rams
    Seahawks
    Steelers

MNF Pats 49
  • SmokeeeSmokeee Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 221
    JZ:
    Thu, Dec 02

HOU @ PHI

Sun, Dec 05

BUF @ MIN
    CLE @ MIA
    JAC @ TEN
    NO @ CIN
    DEN @ KC
    CHI @ DET
    SF @ GB
    WAS @ NYG
    OAK @ SD
    ATL @ TB
    DAL @ IND
    STL @ ARI
    CAR @ SEA
    PIT @ BAL

Mon, Dec 06

NYJ @ NE
    Philly
    Vikings
    Browns
    Jags
    NO
    KC
    Da Bears
    GB
    Foreskins
    SD
    Falcons
    Colts
    Cards
    Seahawks
    Pitt

MNF Jets 38

(Posted before midnight, only edited to add breaks)
    The games were posted late so I dont have any issue for those wanting to make their picks still. I'm sure everyone is good with that. Sorry for the late post of games.
    Phil
    Cin
    Chi
    GB
    KC
    Miami
    Min
    NY
    Jack
    SD
    STL
    IND
    SEA
    ATL
    Pit

NE 35pts
    PHI (this is after the fact... I would have picked Philly)
    BUF
    CLE
    JAC
    NO
    KC
    CHI
    GB
    NYG
    SD
    ATL
    IND
    STL
    SEA
    BAL
    NE - 57 pts
    So this is a really tight week and and there is gonna be some MNF drama my count is .....

Clearlysuspect 11 NE technically eliminated
    Robby 10 out
    Krieg 11 NE technically eliminated
    Kinjk 12 NE out last weeks winner
    JZ 12 NE 44 pts NE wins JZ wins NE loss Tiebreaker
    Smokee 11 NYJ 38 pts NYJ win tiebreaker

Awesome picking this week to everyone ...... So I was thinking that next year when we do this we use the same format but everyone signs up that wants to pick at the start of the season and everyone makes their picks every week and previous winner sends out sticks, but we keep a running total on correct picks for the season and at the end of the regular season all entrants send the overall winner a 5 pack . Just throwing it out there ... it kinda keeps things exciting throughout the season and if we get 6 participants the winner would get 25 sticks at the end of the season ...... so obviously it would make getting your picks in each week and on time very important. I know its early and this would be for next year ... let me know what you think. And in the event of a tie total weekly wins would be the tiebreaker?
    kingjk729:
    So this is a really tight week and and there is gonna be some MNF drama my count is .....

Robby 10 out
    Krieg 11 NE technically eliminated
    Kinjk 12 NE out last weeks winner
    JZ 12 NE 44 pts NE wins JZ wins NE loss Tiebreaker
    Smokee 11 NYJ 38 pts NYJ win tiebreaker

Awesome picking this week to everyone ...... So I was thinking that next year when we do this we use the same format but everyone signs up that wants to pick at the start of the season and everyone makes their picks every week and previous winner sends out sticks, but we keep a running total on correct picks for the season and at the end of the regular season all entrants send the overall winner a 5 pack . Just throwing it out there ... it kinda keeps things exciting throughout the season and if we get 6 participants the winner would get 25 sticks at the end of the season ...... so obviously it would make getting your picks in each week and on time very important. I know its early and this would be for next year ... let me know what you think. And in the event of a tie total weekly wins would be the tiebreaker?
    not a bad idea...but sounds like a lot to keep up with
    I would be happy to keep the numbers .... and a nice little spread sheet would make it simple ..... just getting everyone to get there picks in each week would be important .
    Since I am exempt and JZ and I finished with 13 correct picks and would have went to the total points on MNF= 48 JZ had 44 and I had 49 .............. JZ hit me up with you info and I'll get you a package out asap
    Thu, Dec 09

IND @ TEN

Sun, Dec 12

CLE @ BUF
    GB @ DET
    NYG @ MIN
    CIN @ PIT
    OAK @ JAC
    ATL @ CAR
    TB @ WAS
    STL @ NO
    SEA @ SF
    NE @ CHI
    MIA @ NYJ
    DEN @ ARI
    KC @ SD
    PHI @ DAL

Mon, Dec 13

BAL @ HOU
    kingjk729:
    I just want to go on record as saying that I don't appreciate being referred to as "technically eliminated!"

LOL
    clearlysuspect:
    kingjk729:
    I just want to go on record as saying that I don't appreciate being referred to as "technically eliminated!"

LOL
    ROTFLMFAO......Phil your screen name is what? and you have a problem being referred to as "technically eliminated!"

Still LOL
    Sandman1am:
    clearlysuspect:
    kingjk729:

LOL
    ROTFLMFAO......Phil your screen name is what? and you have a problem being referred to as "technically eliminated!"

Still LOL
    Hey, I have to keep my self-degradation to a minimum, alright.
    Ten
    Clev
    ATL
    GB
    Jac
    NYG
    Pit
    TB
    NO
    Sea
    Den
    NE
    KC
    Phil

balt - 38pts
    kingjk729:
    Since I am exempt and JZ and I finished with 13 correct picks and would have went to the total points on MNF= 48 JZ had 44 and I had 49 .............. JZ hit me up with you info and I'll get you a package out asap
    PM sent
    clearlysuspect:
    Sandman1am:
    clearlysuspect:
    kingjk729:

LOL

Still LOL
    Hey, I have to keep my self-degradation to a minimum, alright.
    Good point. Good luck this week.
    I know I haven't played at all this year. If you guys don't mind I would like to jump in now that my Fantasy Football season is over (at least making the playoffs that matter). Oh and by the way if you guys ever need a player to get hurt just ask me to put him on my team, I'm like the Madden Curse.