Home Non Cigar Related

Never Forget...

2»

Comments

• fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    Vulchor:
    I dont totally disagree, as I said before. Although, you continue to make emotional arguments instead of asking (or providing answers) to fair and just questions. As I asked before also.....what does this have to do with Iraq and the bad intelligence and false reasons we went in? Iraq was about WMDs and a supposed link to 9-11.........There has never been accountability about this, instead people blindly accept the line that we "liberated their people from a dictator". This may be so, but this was not the intent. Accountability is always talked about around electiom season and especially this one. I think we owe to to soldiers and our own national pocketbooks to demand this same accounability here.
    Nothing emotional about my opinion, they have sworn to anihilate us, ignoring them will not make them go away, destroying them before they succeed in destroying us seems pretty logical. Any nation harboring these murderers should be put on notice that we will deal with the threat, it is a real and present danger to our nation.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    Vulchor:
    In an earlier post...in this same topic...I said the Dems need to be held accountable as well. By your logic we should be holding Bush Jr accountable for economy too...but it wont hold water for you there I wouldnt imagine.
    Once again you demonstrate a total lack of understanding of what I believe in. I do blame Bush Jr. for the economic problems when the President Obama took office. Bush and every other politician for the past many many decades are to blame. My criticism of President Obama is that he has cause the economic problems to worsen through his policies since he took office. I do fully blame Bush for his role in this disaster however.
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    fla-gypsy:
    Vulchor:
    I dont totally disagree, as I said before. Although, you continue to make emotional arguments instead of asking (or providing answers) to fair and just questions. As I asked before also.....what does this have to do with Iraq and the bad intelligence and false reasons we went in? Iraq was about WMDs and a supposed link to 9-11.........There has never been accountability about this, instead people blindly accept the line that we "liberated their people from a dictator". This may be so, but this was not the intent. Accountability is always talked about around electiom season and especially this one. I think we owe to to soldiers and our own national pocketbooks to demand this same accounability here.
    Nothing emotional about my opinion, they have sworn to anihilate us, ignoring them will not make them go away, destroying them before they succeed in destroying us seems pretty logical. Any nation harboring these murderers should be put on notice that we will deal with the threat, it is a real and present danger to our nation.
    Yet again I ask....this includes Iraq? And if so, what was their 9-11 role?
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    Vulchor:
    fla-gypsy:
    Vulchor:
    Yet again I ask....this includes Iraq? And if so, what was their 9-11 role?
    I know of no one who has ever made the case that Iraq had a role in 9-11, they were harboring the growing Islamic threat and fomenting it with sabre rattling and thus were a threat. We had to start somewhere and the sins of Saddam were well known by the entire world community. Do you think the world is better off without him? I do! Don't forget we had the blessing of the UN and shame on us for not finishing the job the first time. As a student of history I am not ignorant to the horrible nature of war and what it does to the human condition. Having a role in 9-11 should not be a precursor for dealing with the very real threat that exists to all of the freedom loving world.
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    fla-gypsy:
    Having a role in 9-11 should not be a precursor for dealing with the very real threat that exists to all of the freedom loving world.
    Though I am of opinion that there's been a lot bullsh!t tossed around in this thread, despite Krieg's respectful intentions in founding it [the thread], this is a statement that I will agree with.
    None of the things you listed were the reason we were told we were going to war with Iraq. This is revisionist history, or at best, making up reasons as the original ones proved false and unwarranted. You're free to your opinion and I respect it...but I do not favor the actions you appear to be stating or the involvement you think we should have. I believe I am done with this topic and back to the original post I feel sorrow for the families and friends effected from 9-11. But I also feel sorry for some of the other losses of life as a cost of that day...yet not necessarily related to it.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    holy ***.

nobody could have started another thread?

for the first time i am embarrassed to be a member of this forum.

a thread was started to remember lives lost and it turned into political Bullshit.

cant we just remember?

... pathetic.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    mrpillow:
    Kinda sad that a simple post about remembering a national tragedy and the people that died degrades into this.

;)

I think Krieg had the right idea.
    Thanks, at least someone got it.
    kuzi16:
    holy ***.

a thread was started to remember lives lost and it turned into political Bullshit.

cant we just remember?

... pathetic.
    +1
  • NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 728
    Krieg:
    kuzi16:
    holy ***.

cant we just remember?

... pathetic.
    +1
    Ill be honest... I started one before this one got going...

http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/191419.aspx

after this thread went way sideways... i didnt wanna touch it.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    I'd like to say that while I didn't intend to throw wood into the fire, I probably contributed to it when I responded to Pheebs' first post here on this thread. For that, I apologize to anyone that finds this thread offensive or those that would consider me responsible. This has gotten completely out of hand. I'm out of this thread.
    Another example of what Laker talks about. Not saying it was a great way for this thread to go, but it becomes about that and some peoples feelings of tact instead of tackling and discussing hard issues. But at least deflection from difficult issues us nothing new... I agree, it is sad.
    Vulchor:
    Another example of what Laker talks about. Not saying it was a great way for this thread to go, but it becomes about that and some peoples feelings of tact instead of tackling and discussing hard issues. But at least deflection from difficult issues us nothing new... I agree, it is sad.
    wow...you are a piece of work.