Home Non Cigar Related

The Bears/Lions game call

VidarienVidarien Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 246
Disclaimer: Im a diehard bears fan.

That aside, any other bears fans watching that felt we deserved to and DID lose that game? I almost dont want to watch next weeks game vs dallas with our current offensive line.

Comments

• LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    I thought the Lions won... That call was a little B.S..... But, who knows...
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    The call was total BS
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    watching the highlight last night on espn with the rule being read at the same time was enough to convince me that he didn't handle the ball like he should have. the Lion's coach handled the call the way he should, real class act.
  • jship079jship079 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 621
    The call was right the rule is wrong why did they have to turn something so simple as what a catch is to this crazy list "process" of stuff you have to do for the catch to be complete. The lions lose even when they win man thats a shame poor lions.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    Ahem... could we please refer to them by their correct title of FIRST PLACE CHICAGO BEARS!!! Or UNDEFEATED CHICAGO BEARS!!! :-D
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    Please listen to the Sniper....he is well informed and quite correct about how Da Mighty Bears should be addressed.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    Hey, a win is a win.... Aside from the Hawks, Chicago's had a rough couple of years, sports-wise. We'll take what we can get...... After last nights miserable loss to the Twins, I think you can put a fork in the White Sox too.

I'll take the Bears a week at a time at this point. They didn't really show me anything great last week, but there were a few bright spots in the game. With Ryan Grant out for the season, their chances in the division have improved slightly. If they can show up to play against Dallas this week, they may have a shot at making something of this season. I'm not gonna sweat losing Hillenmeyer for the season. He's a great player, but not detrimental to their line-up.......
    Well stated on all accounts. I could talk Chicago sports all day long man. Grew up on Harray Caray and Steve....got tired of Cubs bull$hit and have been worshiping Hawk Harrelson ever since. The Bulls just dont have the same feel....hell, no basketaball team does to me anymore. The Hawks were wonderful-----but all those aside, the Bears are Chicago.....period. Lovie needs to go of course, and its time for more youth on the defense. The draft has been such a low point for us for so many of the past years, I just think thats a big reason we are stuck in the 8-8 range. No picks this year at all basically. I feel terrible for the kid's family who died after we traded him.....but thats the story of the franchise, over pay for a player (in this case 2nd round pick) or draft a "cant miss" guy ( see McNown and all RB's before Forte and after Neal Anderson)-----and frustration year after year.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS!

DA FIRST PLACE UNDEFEATED COWBOY KICKIN CHICAGO BEARS!!!! 2-0 BABY!!!

Geting exciiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiited.......lets see Green Bay and I will decide how much so.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Lasabar:
    I thought the Lions won... That call was a little B.S..... But, who knows...
    Agreed. That's a really gray area. He was down and just left the ball on the field. I saw no harm and no penalty in him doing that.