Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Birthday Contest

Comments

• urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    I think sane's got it.
  • dutyjedutyje Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,263
    Man, I've Googled the bejeezus outta this and I'm not getting anywhere. Mazdaspeed 6?
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,454
    dutyje:
    Man, I've Googled the bejeezus outta this and I'm not getting anywhere. Mazdaspeed 6?
    Well, it payed off duty. That's it. The Mazdaspeed 6. Only offered in a 2006 model here in the states, production ran from 2005-2007.
    OK, next question...

What was the first Premium Cigar I smoked?

Hint: This cigar takes the classic shape that is said to be the first shape of cigar manufactured in the DR where the company resides.
    Wow. I've never even heard of a Mazda Speed 6.

La Aurora Preferido.
    I'm gonna give it to you Urbi, since you were so quick with that one. It was the La Aurora Preferido Emerald Tubo. All I remember was enjoying it, not much else. Since then, I've had a few of Aurora's other lines and have yet to be disappointed.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Rob1110:
    I'm gonna give it to you Urbi, since you were so quick with that one. It was the La Aurora Preferido Emerald Tubo. All I remember was enjoying it, not much else. Since then, I've had a few of Aurora's other lines and have yet to be disappointed.
    Have I mentioned how great the La Aurora 1495 1994 Cameroon is ? La Aurora does have some nice stuff once you step up from the ultra mild red label line.. I have just begun trying more of their cigars and they are very nice.. Hell, after 105 years they better have it right by now.
    OK, since it's October, this one seems appropriate. It's another 3 pointer...

What are my 3 favorite Horror movies? (though I loved 30 days of night, I don't know if I've seen it enough to put it up there with my top 3 - there, I just eliminated one guess for ya)

Hint: One is a re-make of an old black and white classic, the second and third both involve actors and directors (one actor to one director) who have worked together on multiple occasions.
    kaspera79:
    Have I mentioned how great the La Aurora 1495 1994 Cameroon is ? La Aurora does have some nice stuff once you step up from the ultra mild red label line.. I have just begun trying more of their cigars and they are very nice.. Hell, after 105 years they better have it right by now.
    Kas, if you haven't tried the Barrel Aged, do so. They're excellent cigars - incredibly complex and smooth. I haven't tried the 1495 cameroon, but have been wanting to do so for some time.

And Urbi, I love the speed 6. Cost me a bit, but well worth every penny.
    Rob1110:
    I have one of those in the humi, along with a sapphire and a ruby (I think). I bought the sampler back in July. I smoked the platinum a while back; good mild smoke. Kas is definitely right about the 1495 Cameroon 1994.

What can I say, I know my Dominicans -- Aurora, Fuente, Manny Ramirez, Rosie Perez (no, wait, she's Puerto Rican)...
  • sanesane Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 151
    Rob1110:

What are my 3 favorite Horror movies? (though I loved 30 days of night, I don't know if I've seen it enough to put it up there with my top 3 - there, I just eliminated one guess for ya)

Hint: One is a re-make of an old black and white classic, the second and third both involve actors and directors (one actor to one director) who have worked together on multiple occasions.
    1. Psycho
    2. The Thing
    3. Day of the Dead
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Night of the Living Dead.
    Halloween.
    Rosemary's Baby.
    Rob1110:

Hmmm... I don't know horror movies very well...

Cape Fear (the remake)
    Vertigo
    Rear Window
    The Shining
    Hellraiser
    When Harry Met Sally
    Ha! Ummmmm, which one is the remake?
    None of them, but I thought the first two were good guesses, and I couldn't think of much for the third... so I went with a movie that scares the pants off me.
    I would think the IMAX version of "Into Thin Air" would be a horror movie in your book.
  • rusiriusrusirius Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 564
    Hrmm... looks like some of the really good guesses are gone, so I'll throw out a few that are left...

I first thought of The Haunting for the remake... But the remake SUCKED *** so I can't imagine that's the one...
    So I'm going with Night of the Living Dead...
    Hellraiser...
    and The Cube
    Ok, we've got 2 points here:

Sane gets a point for John Carpenter's The Thing (way ahead of it's time - disputed to be a remake of The Thing from Another World, but a closer adaptation of "Who Goes There?" - Carpenter worked with Kurt Russell on The Thing, Big Trouble in Little China, Escape from New York and Escape from LA), and Joz3r gets a point for Night of the Living Dead (sorry Sirius, he got it first) - done originally by George Romero in 1968 and re-done in color by one of the masters of horror and gore Tom Savini, who learned some of his tricks of the trade as a photographer in Vietnam.

We've got one more and since I'm giving another hint, everyone can make a guess again on this one, however ONLY ONE movie per person, since there's only one movie left.

Hint: This is one of the movies that the director and actor have worked closely in multiple films, though the actor has played smaller roles since his starring role in this trilogy.
    Damn, didn't realize J0z3r had grabbed that one already... Alright, well now that you're talking Trilogy... hrmmm....

One thought that comes to mind would be Scream... but Wes Craven or no I don't think there are too many that really consider that one high up on the favs list...

So no... I'm going to have to go with the single best trilogy of all time... Stick out tongue [:P] The one that spun off what is probably one of my favorite movies, Army of Darkness... So that, my friend, would make my guess... . . . .

Evil Dead????
    You got it Sirius. Sam Raimi's Evil Dead trilogy starring Bruce Campbell, as well as the Spiderman movies (all 3) have all featured Bruce Campbell (cameo appearances).
    SWEET... I knew you had good tastes... ;)
    Ok, Sirius is back in the lead here. Time for the next question:

We'll go with another music related question. What is my Favorite Misfits song?

Hint: Michale Graves was the singer on this song (that narrows it down to only 2 full length albums and one demo's and unreleased album), that took on a slightly different pace or overall sound from the rest of their punk style.
  • sanesane Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 151
    Rob1110:
    Ok, Sirius is back in the lead here. Time for the next question:

We'll go with another music related question. What is my Favorite Misfits song?

Hint: Michale Graves was the singer on this song (that narrows it down to only 2 full length albums and one demo's and unreleased album), that took on a slightly different pace or overall sound from the rest of their punk style.
    Saturday Night
    Dig Up Her Bones
    DAMNIT DOODIE you stole my guess... LOL

Alright, I guess I'll go with Attack of Butterflies then... Is that even a misfits song??? hrmmm

No wait... Helena....
    Sane got it with Saturday Night, though Dig Up Her Bones was the song that got me into the Misfits.

OK, I'm gonna have to think on the next question. I'll try to have something up by the end of the day.
    Dangit.. I'm gonna be out of town tomorrow for that soccer game and I won't be back until Sunday evening. So if you come up with any more questions between now and then, these are my answers:

Blue
    Fold, don't bunch
    He said, "no, I told her I was 90!"
    Once, but you didn't inhale
    Golftits
    dutyje:
    Dangit.. I'm gonna be out of town tomorrow for that soccer game and I won't be back until Sunday evening. So if you come up with any more questions between now and then, these are my answers:

Blue
    Fold, don't bunch
    He said, "no, I told her I was 90!"
    Once, but you didn't inhale
    Golftits
    Wow. In an amazing turn of events, Duty has correctly answered all of the questions I've been meaning to ask.

Actually, I might be kinda busy this weekend and might not have time to get on here much. I'll think of some questions and try to get a list going.