Home Ratings & Reviews

Rocky PAtel Sungrown

Big T smokesBig T smokes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 211
Just had my first one. I tend to enjoy everything Rocky does and this is no exception. MMM mmm what a yummy cigar. I only had 3 months of age on it. I have one more I wanna try to put a year on.... but i dunno if I can wait that long :-)

Comments

• ctremblay187ctremblay187 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 122
    been very temped to try some of these along with some of the vintage sticks ive heard good things so i think i will give them a shot
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 938
    Love these cigars, got a bunch during the specials everybody ran for these
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    Had one that was very bitter on the finish and not as much spice as I was expecting. I still want to revisit cuz I hear nothing but good things.
  • Big T smokesBig T smokes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 211
    The vintage 1990s and 1992s are quite tastey as well.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    Big T smokes:
    Just had my first one. I tend to enjoy everything Rocky does and this is no exception. MMM mmm what a yummy cigar. I only had 3 months of age on it. I have one more I wanna try to put a year on.... but i dunno if I can wait that long :-)
    I had 10 of these that I have been aging, they have almost a year and a half on them now and smoked one the other day and was very pleased. I think they age nicely along with the Maduro Olde World Reserve.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    The sungrown is one of my favorite Rocky Patel smokes. I had one a few weeks ago with well over a year on it and it was smooth and delicious, although I don't think that much age is necessary to really get a nice age/rest effect, 6 months would probably do. The cool thing with these is that they are available in RP variety packs for about $3/each all the time.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    bigharpoon:
    I don't think that much age is necessary to really get a nice age/rest effect
    I absolutely agree with this. I have had some with as little as 2-3 weeks, and some up to a year and a half and they have been pretty great at both extremes. I might even be so bold as to say it was better when it was more fresh. Around 3-6 months is just about perfect IMO.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    The RP SG is a great stick IMO
  • undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    lilwing88:
    Had one that was very bitter on the finish and not as much spice as I was expecting. I still want to revisit cuz I hear nothing but good things.
    Same thing happened to me. I just got another from ccom about a year ago and I plan on having it soon. They usually get good reviews so I'm assuming we just had a bad stick or one that was recently rolled.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    This was one I tried early on when I started this hobby and it and the Vintage 92 got me hooked! I didn't have one for about a year or so and when I revisited it a few months ago and really enjoyed it still.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    I traded and got some RP OSG (Original Sun Grown) few months ago, and have to say these smokes are very, very good. Little different than the current blend, IMO a little better. They have a few years of age on them since they aren't made anymore. They are maturing very nicely.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    undulac:
    lilwing88:
    Same thing happened to me. I just got another from ccom about a year ago and I plan on having it soon. They usually get good reviews so I'm assuming we just had a bad stick or one that was recently rolled.
    Definitely give this one another go fellas - hate to see people miss out on a great stick just because they got one bummer.

• Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    lilwing88:
    You should definetly try again! I had a couple of these with problems, but it was probably bad handling on my part, all the rest have been marvelous from light to nub.