Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Games/Pass Idea Thread

DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
Thought it might be a good idea to start a thread where we can come up with new pass/game ideas....you know sometimes when a pass or game idea comes to you but only partially....I have had a partial idea about doing a "Lets Make A Deal" (Monty Hall style) but have never been able to finialize the idea.....let the ideas flow abou tthis or any other....

Comments

• undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    Also to kill existing passes. I loved when the sports pass was created and thought it would take off. Now, I just gave the answer and nobody wants it. Do we let it ride off into the sunset or keep going?
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    undulac:
    Also to kill existing passes. I loved when the sports pass was created and thought it would take off. Now, I just gave the answer and nobody wants it. Do we let it ride off into the sunset or keep going?
    I think the sports pass is a good idea, but I think it might be the wrong time to start a new pass... with all the winter holidays and cold weather, folks seem to be not around as much or smoking less... just an observation... The Mystery Stick game (easily my favorite pass here) is getting a little stagnant too
  • undulacundulac Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,129
    robbyras:
    undulac:
    I think the sports pass is a good idea, but I think it might be the wrong time to start a new pass... with all the winter holidays and cold weather, folks seem to be not around as much or smoking less... just an observation... The Mystery Stick game (easily my favorite pass here) is getting a little stagnant too
    True. I think we need to start recruiting. There are too many good games and not enough current interest. I'm going to go to the grade school during lunch and start passing out cigars.
  • sol1821sol1821 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 706
    count um up

buy in is a package, doesn't matter if its a swisher sweet or a box of opus.
    you post a number in the thread of what you think the total accumulative post count of everyone who guesses will be at the time of the competition close. rules are the last 5 people who post have to be the first 5 people to post in the next game, as they are at an advantage if they count the posts would be better if it worked on an honor system and you didn't look at people who posted before you. could be done via email so it was secret then you wouldnt need to have the last 5 people rule. but it would mean someone would have to run it. let the comp run for x amount of days, then winners declared and everyone mails them there buy in.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    undulac:
    robbyras:
    undulac:
    True. I think we need to start recruiting. There are too many good games and not enough current interest. I'm going to go to the grade school during lunch and start passing out cigars.
    HA! good luck with that... "mommy! Mommy! this creepy dude gave me a bunch of cigars at the playground... can I smoke them?"
  • RaschNutsRaschNuts Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 882
    robbyras:
    undulac:
    ya i agree with Rob. seems most of the Trivia passes have the same couple people playing.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    RaschNuts:
    robbyras:
    undulac:
    ya i agree with Rob. seems most of the Trivia passes have the same couple people playing.

ditto ... I WAS PLAYING A LOT BUT IT SEEMS ME AND A COUPLE GUYS WEE JUST PASSING CIGARS BACK AND FOURTH!LOL AND NOT MANY ANSWERS!
    Redtailhawkoz:
    RaschNuts:
    robbyras:
    undulac:

ditto ... I WAS PLAYING A LOT BUT IT SEEMS ME AND A COUPLE GUYS WEE JUST PASSING CIGARS BACK AND FOURTH!LOL AND NOT MANY ANSWERS!
    Ya i think over the past few weeks ive sent and recieved about 10 packages between you and rob. lol
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    RaschNuts:
    Redtailhawkoz:
    RaschNuts:
    robbyras:
    undulac:

Ya i think over the past few weeks ive sent and recieved about 10 packages between you and rob. lol

Thats what I am talking about! LOL its all good!
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    Guys I think it is normal for the games and passes to die down a bit during the holidays. I think it is a combonation of things. It is getting colder and I know my smoking goes down a ton during the winter months as I believe most peoples does too. Boy do I need to get my man cave finished.
    If they are anything like me they may not have any more room for the winnings. It's the holidays and people are having to budget for this and that takes away from cigar funds and shipping. People are just plain busy now too. Besides who wants to venture out to the PO during the bad weather and holiday rush? I bet you will see an increase in particapation after the holidays and when things get back to "normal". For those of you still playing thanks for keeping them going! The games are what got me active in this forum.
    Diamondog:
    Thought it might be a good idea to start a thread where we can come up with new pass/game ideas....you know sometimes when a pass or game idea comes to you but only partially....I have had a partial idea about doing a "Lets Make A Deal" (Monty Hall style) but have never been able to finialize the idea.....let the ideas flow abou tthis or any other....
    DD So was your idea something like I have this box A and this bag B and the contestant would then have to pick box A or bag B? Or maybe you tell them you have a box A containing 3 premium sticks (maybe list them) and they have to choose between that or the mystery bag B. Mystery bag B could be something great have a ton of sticks, or kinda blah. Curious as to what you had in mind for this.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    I like PIFs that are a combo of cigars and other things. We're from all over the country and the world. It could get interesting to do a beer/cigar PIF. The sender sends along a fiver of smokes with a sample of his favorite local brew. Another one could be a T-shirt/cigar PIF. Some sticks along with a t-shirt that best represents your hometown. Could be your favorite team or even your company logo...... And yet another could be a hotsauce or bbq sauce/cigar PIF. You get the idea......

The possibilities could be endless with this kind of PIF.
    lilwing88:
    I like PIFs that are a combo of cigars and other things. We're from all over the country and the world. It could get interesting to do a beer/cigar PIF. The sender sends along a fiver of smokes with a sample of his favorite local brew. Another one could be a T-shirt/cigar PIF. Some sticks along with a t-shirt that best represents your hometown. Could be your favorite team or even your company logo...... And yet another could be a hotsauce or bbq sauce/cigar PIF. You get the idea......

Wow I really like this idea except for the beer pass. While someone may be on the good traders list unless I've actually met them and know that they are 21 or older there would be no way that I could send them any form of alcohol. I would def. do the others!!! Great idea Marty.
    Sandman1am:
    lilwing88:

Wow I really like this idea except for the beer pass. While someone may be on the good traders list unless I've actually met them and know that they are 21 or older there would be no way that I could send them any form of alcohol. I would def. do the others!!! Great idea Marty.
    +1 although i like the beer pass too. NH has some good local breweries to share. I think we could do something where we "id" everyone. Maybe a pic of ID and a pic of them?
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    Sandman1am:
    Diamondog:
    DD So was your idea something like I have this box A and this bag B and the contestant would then have to pick box A or bag B? Or maybe you tell them you have a box A containing 3 premium sticks (maybe list them) and they have to choose between that or the mystery bag B. Mystery bag B could be something great have a ton of sticks, or kinda blah. Curious as to what you had in mind for this.
    Ya just the whole idea 3 doors, behind door 1 is a prize, behind door 2 is a SUPER prize and behind door 3 you send me the prize...
    Diamondog:
    Sandman1am:
    Diamondog:
    Ya just the whole idea 3 doors, behind door 1 is a prize, behind door 2 is a SUPER prize and behind door 3 you send me the prize...
    Good idea but then you would need a Monty Hall so to speak. Someone to make sure the doors don't switch. Maybe the week priors player. The players would also have to be willing to part with a Super prize as well as a regular prize. Workable....guess it wouldn't have to be cigars only, in the Super prize you could throw in other stuff if you see fit. Maybe needs or wants cigar stuff wise???
    I wanted to see if there is any interest in a Golf Contest.

The basic idea i have is everyone that participates picks one or a couple golfers entered in the turnament. We would get points depending on where our golfers finish. The entry would be the normal 3-5 sticks depending on how often we have a winner.

I want to start by listing the initial specific rules and then we can try to tweak if there is interest.

3 Stick Entry
    Each week we pick 1 golfer in the turnament.
    Highest finish gets the most points lowest finish gets 1pt it will depend on how many people are in. ie if there are 5 people entered. The golfer that finishes the highest gets 5pts.
    If the golfer wins They get an extra 5-10pts.
    Using points i thought we could do this on a 4 turnament rotating sch. After 4 turnaments person with most pts wins. We can do a season total on the side for 2 Premium sticks from each person playing if we want.

Thats the few ideas off the top of my head. If we have interest lets tweak the rules to work the best and get the most people in on a regular basis.