Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Box Split of Man O War Chest

GadwinDuilGadwinDuil Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 474
So after learning I dropped to ball on the Man O War Special Forces badge - I figure I need to go ahead and try it again, but I don't have ANY of the Man O War sticks now. And hell, I'm sorta a go big or go home kinda guy - and figure this time I'll toss in the Maduro. Stihlhead brought up the idea of trying to get 2 or 3 people on here to be interested in doing a Box Split with the Chest.

We're talking 10 Man O War - 10 Ruination - 10 Virtue - 10 Maduro, total. So if we get 5 people...

299.99 - 10% cotm = 270.00
270.00 / 5 = 54
Stihlhead says he'll pay a bit extra for the chest itself so if everyone finds it fair we'll make him pay like, 70? and that would make the other 4 pay an even 50. Plus some change if we can't manage to get free shipping somehow but I figure Stihl and I can pick up that slack. I've never done a split so I'm not sure what the general rule for doing shipping is.
Also, if someone else wanted the box you can make a bid war with Stihl if you'd like!

So anyway - 2 Man O War, 2 Ruination, 2 Virtue, 2 Maduro for 50 bones.

Comments

• sol1821sol1821 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 706
    GadwinDuil:
    So after learning I dropped to ball on the Man O War Special Forces badge - I figure I need to go ahead and try it again, but I don't have ANY of the Man O War sticks now. And hell, I'm sorta a go big or go home kinda guy - and figure this time I'll toss in the Maduro. Stihlhead brought up the idea of trying to get 2 or 3 people on here to be interested in doing a Box Split with the Chest.

We're talking 10 Man O War - 10 Ruination - 10 Virtue - 10 Maduro, total. So if we get 5 people...

299.99 - 10% cotm = 270.00
    270.00 / 5 = 54
    Stihlhead says he'll pay a bit extra for the chest itself so if everyone finds it fair we'll make him pay like, 70? and that would make the other 4 pay an even 50. Plus some change if we can't manage to get free shipping somehow but I figure Stihl and I can pick up that slack. I've never done a split so I'm not sure what the general rule for doing shipping is.
    Also, if someone else wanted the box you can make a bid war with Stihl if you'd like!

So anyway - 2 Man O War, 2 Ruination, 2 Virtue, 2 Maduro for 50 bones.
    id be in if you wouldn't mind posting it internationally for me, id obviously cover all the shipping and stuff.
    only thing is I'm not on the good traders list.
    are you going to do the special edition and the armada as well when you go for your badge?
  • smokeater187smokeater187 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 232
    Sounds like an awesome idea might have to wait a lil closer to christmas for the funds tho...
  • GadwinDuilGadwinDuil Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 474
    sol1821:
    id be in if you wouldn't mind posting it internationally for me, id obviously cover all the shipping and stuff.
    are you going to do the special edition and the armada as well when you go for your badge?
    I do paln to do the Aramada and the SE too - I have the 3 armadas coming my way for the cotm special this month and will have to pick up a SE later, but yeah. All 6 is the plan. I don't have a problem with shipping internationally even if you arn't on the Good trader list but don't take that as golden quite yet cause let me discuss it with Stihlhead first. Plus we need to figure out the money situation to order it. Not sure if we should collect the funds then send out cigars or what. Never done a box split before... haha
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Me and a few brothers did this before. Email Tim to see what kind of deal he can hook you up with before you figure out the money numbers. Might make it easier to find a few others to get in our your split
    GadwinDuil:
    sol1821:
    I do paln to do the Aramada and the SE too - I have the 3 armadas coming my way for the cotm special this month and will have to pick up a SE later, but yeah. All 6 is the plan. I don't have a problem with shipping internationally even if you arn't on the Good trader list but don't take that as golden quite yet cause let me discuss it with Stihlhead first. Plus we need to figure out the money situation to order it. Not sure if we should collect the funds then send out cigars or what. Never done a box split before... haha
    no worries dude, just keep me updated, perhaps someone whos done one before could give us some pointers
    just looked, and i am mentioned in the 'good traders and stand up folk' thread ;)
  • RaschNutsRaschNuts Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 882
    Id be interested cause i want one or two of those maduros but funds are there right now :(
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    sol1821:
    just looked, and i am mentioned in the 'good traders and stand up folk' thread ;)
    I was about to say...that grenade you tossed my way puts you on the list in my book.
  • GadwinDuilGadwinDuil Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 474
    Yeah, I think this may be put off till after the new year since we don't have too many people wanting in on it. Those of you that showed interest I will PM sometime in January to see if we can get it off the ground :-)