Home Cigar 101

lighters

Comments

• madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152

Smoke,

PLEASE don't put Wally world butane in your Xikar.  There are very few ways to void the warranty on a Xikar but thats one of them.  Xikar says to only use their fluid, of course, but I use Lava and have never had any problems. 

I also have one of the cigar.com freebie dual flame torch lighters and have loved it.  I bleed it regularly as well and of course use only Lava and usually get 10 or so sticks lit with it.

• j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    So, where does one obtain Lava brand butane? I can't say as I've ever seen it in my travels (as if that means much). In the past I've used Colibri and had no trouble, but this can of el-cheapo brand that I have now is what I think caused my lighter to stop working, and i'm not about to put that garbage in my shiny new lighter.

Joe
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Bic...99 cents. Savings over Colibri Enterprise Three Jet $74.01. That can buy a handful of decent smokes brothers. I know where I would rather spend my money.
  • rdnstnrdnstn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 991
    I bled my CCOM freebie dual flame last night before filling it and it lasts much longer now. Thanks for the tips.
  • ashmasterashmaster Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 237
    j0z3r:
    So, where does one obtain Lava brand butane?

Joe
    I've never looked for it online, check with your local B & M, that's where I buy mine.
    I also buy mine at my local tobacconist.  Its cheaper the Colibri or Xikar fluid and from everything I've heard is purer(if thats a word).
  • ashmasterashmaster Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 237
    "purer" works for me.
    If its not a word it should be bc "more pure" sounds even worse. LOL
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 682
    madurofan:

Smoke,

PLEASE don't put Wally world butane in your Xikar.  There are very few ways to void the warranty on a Xikar but thats one of them.  Xikar says to only use their fluid, of course, but I use Lava and have never had any problems. 

I also have one of the cigar.com freebie dual flame torch lighters and have loved it.  I bleed it regularly as well and of course use only Lava and usually get 10 or so sticks lit with it.

Well Madurofan, since you asked so nicely, I'll honor your request and take your advice :D. I'll have to wait a bit though, as Salmon doesn't have a tobacconist. Even the small one in hamilton MT probably does not have any. I'll have to make a trip to Missoula for that
    I'll check into it but if I'm able to send you a bottle I will. I don't think you're allowed to mail butane but if you are I'll get this extra bottle I have to you ASAP. I had a tobacconist owner tell me the single worst you could ever put in your lighter is Ronson and I'd guess thats what you bought from Walmart.
  • MarkbbMarkbb Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 196
    You can buy butane from cigarsinternational Colibri brand and they'll ship it right to your door....
  • LarryDLarryD Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 59
    Cigarsinternational now ship anice leaflet concerning lighter maintenance iwth every order.
    Thats pretty classless LarryD. On cigar.com's forum discussing a direct competitor.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    madurofan:
    Thats pretty classless LarryD. On cigar.com's forum discussing a direct competitor.
    well spoken
    In regards to Lava brand butane, why not buy directly from the source? I have no qualms posting this, as they are not a direct competitor to ccom (well, they do sell lighters...), check out Lava butane I know I'll be purchasing some shortly, as the only butane I've got left is only good enough for throwing into a fire and watching the pretty colors :).
    Yea joe I don't see the issue in posting that since ccom doesn't seel butane. I didn't even think of that.
    On a side not are cigars.com and cigarsinternational.com the same company? The other night cigar.com went down and CI went down at the same time. Coincidence?
    Could be coincidence, since I know that a lot of websites will go down for routine maintenance sometimes once a week, and I'd imagine they do it when site traffic is at its lowest point, that said, I don't think it would be a far stretch for two unrelated sites to go down at the same time. But, who knows?

Joe
    I hear you joe, but the exact same time, it was only like 11pm EST. I'm a consultant now but I used to be a systems admin and we generally tried to take stuff down after midnight. Of course many things are possible they could have been hit by the same DoS attack or something, I was just thinking out loud.
    Ya never know, and having been a sys. admin, you'd know more than me about these things.
    Maybe but I'm a consultant now and we're paid to have limited knowledge ;). Consulting- Even if you're not part of the solution there is plenty of money to be made prolonging the problem.
    the two have alot of connections but they are their own entity. kinda like ford and volvo. same company but acting on their own. I know thats a bad comparison but its the best i could do.
    Ah ha good info kuzi. I figured it might be something like that.
  • ScramblerScrambler Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 746
    My girlfriend just pointed out to me that the catalogs for CI and CCOM both list the same return address, 6771 Chrisphalt Drive. Something I hadn't noticed. They're obviously not trying too hard to hide any connections.

I have at times though the writing style for special offers on the different sites are rather similar too.
    Even better note Scrambler. I figured it was something liek that.
  • jlzimmermanjlzimmerman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 282
    Scrambler:
    My girlfriend just pointed out to me that the catalogs for CI and CCOM both list the same return address, 6771 Chrisphalt Drive. Something I hadn't noticed. They're obviously not trying too hard to hide any connections.
    *strokes goatee*

Very interesting, Watson. Very interesting.
    jlzimmerman:
    Scrambler:
    *strokes goatee*

Very interesting, Watson. Very interesting.
    i believe they use the same warehouse and therefore shipping address
  • rdnstnrdnstn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 991
    Scrambler:

I have at times though the writing style for special offers on the different sites are rather similar too.
    Their websites are also ridiculously similar now that CCOM has made changes to theirs.

Also, some of their sales seem the same, like the Gurkha Friday one day deal that CCOM had a couple weeks ago was the same as a sampler that CI offers.
    i never noticed that. good eye
    Well now all that said, does it mean that we can freely discuss CI on this forum or what that still be classless?